Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What does your chars look like? Here is what my mf hammerdin looks like! Hes my baby!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Dracoy, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

What does your chars look like? Here is what my mf hammerdin looks like! Hes my baby!

http://dracoy.1colony.com/

In Current Projects!

Can you help tweak my gear? Thanks!

What does your hammerdin look like? I want to learn from the masters hehe.

2. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Why is your strength so high? =S

You could have gotten away with base strength if you used something lighter for Enigma, such as a Mage Plate.

Combat Skill GCs would increase your damage by a lot! So try to get them. Trade for them, buy them, or steal them if you need to(j/k). :D

3. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

He, i will put down the stats of my ladder untwinked paladin, all the items he and his merc uses are self found, and he is maxed for mf over almost anything else because i am a mf whore :p

str: 89 base, 134 with everything on, 114 with mf switch
    dext: 155 base (i went overboard by a lot here, i get 75% block w/o HS) 190 w items, 199 on switch
    Vita: 287 base, 327 with items, 307 on switch.
    Energy: base, 35 with items.

Items:
    77%mf Griz Corona
    78%mf Tancred´s boots+amulet (bad luck with wartravelers makes this better for mf)
    112+24% Skullder´s
    Wiz spike + P Diamond Hoz// Ali baba with 90+20% mf and 62% resist all Rhyme shield
    35% Chance guard´s
    30% Upgraded Goldwrap
    30% nagel+26% nagel
    **% mf on charms + 20/19/8 anni + 32/135/15 Gheed´s+1 off +2def +1combat GCs.

That gives him:
    5.8-5.9k BH with 50% fast cast, 75/75/78/75 resists with a little overstacking, 1209life-381 mana, 667% mf with switch//532 without switch.
    Can get him to 9.8-9.9k dmg + 75% fast cast and 1500 life but that is losing 200% mf, and like i said i am a mf whore ...

Merc uses:
    Ptopaz Harly + 3ptopaz Grizwold´s Heart + Reaper´s Toll... it´s a Holy Freeze merc, Holy Freeze+Decrepify= blue statues :D...

I am amazed to how good he is all in all taking into consideration the no twinking nature that he has...

4. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

looks pretty good so far. though i do agree that that enigma is a lil heavy on the str, but oh well it looks good on him! and remember style is pimpin!

5. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

I didnt have any other enigmas ><

Let me count my base str one second. Since its not as high ^_^ im afraid to pop thats what im scared of.

My base str is 68 ^_^ is that bad?

6. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Not at all IMHO, it is really good how you could twink him enough to get that high str with that natural low str, the difference between that 68 and the recomended 55 (or sometimes base) str is really nil, again IMHO...
    I have only 1 char twinked that way, a Rabies/Furies werewolf, and seriously am amazed at your final str :D

7. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Thanks! I was scared of poping so i added like 15-20 str onto my hammerdin ^_^

8. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Thats one impressive mf char you got there. But instead of useing a BoTd weapon I would have gone with a Etheral Doom, which can easily get over 1k damage, but also gives him HolyFreeze. So then you can go with a merc like Might or better yet, Defiance.

Defiance would make him untouchable from a PvM point of view. His defense would be so high, he would never die (x-cept IM). Also defiance would make your pally get high 20k defense, so doing mf runs would be a breeze really anywhere in the game (especially areas with tons of aura enchanted archers, they would simply miss you and your merc). And holyfreeze is just awsome for a Hammerdin.

I might make a hammerdin/HF+Defiance combo for doing mf'ed pit runs. This is a good idea, would double as a great rushing char too.

What kinda items have you found with him? I wonder if the items he finds will ever pay for the cost to create him.

9. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

My merc is a defiance merc. Sadly i have to use eth botd war pike. Notice the armor str req ^_^. Its a small price to pay for the good def though. I might be able to do the switch sinc ei havent calculated the giant skull yet i might double fal it.

I havent really mf with him yet but i have dont a little have found unid tals armor, shako, 2x conueror helm and much more. Stone Armor is self found. Ill give u a full report in a week when i start to hardcore mf :)

Edit

Did some calculations, this dude will have a eth doom cryptic tommorow ^_^

10. TripDaddyX

TripDaddyX IncGamers Member

107 Stats left!?Unless you dont have max block with holy shield,I command you to pump Vitality!Do it now!:)

I would post some pictures of my poor hammy,but I dont feel like making a site just to show off some pics of a char that 7 outta 10 other hammerdins are identical to.

Nice gear man,just wondering is that Ladder or Non?I am yet to have enigma OR Hoto,on or off ladder,I cant find the runes to save my life,and when i get some "godly" gear I tend to make a character just so I can use it,I'm greedy :)

11. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

I never have time to play ladder i like to take my builds slow and easy and just have fun thinking of them. I never really play my builds too much maybe for 2 weeks then i get bored and start a new build ^_^.

The merc issue is a problem, i can not use etherela doom cryptix axe because there is no leech. I need at least some form of life leech in order to survive for the merc.^_^

12. TripDaddyX

TripDaddyX IncGamers Member

What helm does your merc use?You can always get a nice amount of leech from your helm(Gaze,Tal's,Etc).

And about getting bored with builds...I tend to do that also...thats why I have 9 ladder characters around lvl 79-89 and none higher -_- I get bored

13. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

I cant use gaze, i need the 35 str on my giant skull to wear my armor ^_^

14. jylegajylan

jylegajylan Banned

id rather use might merc + doom cuz holy shield gives u enuff d already

15. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

I have concentrate auara which gives merc 11k+ damage

Also the more defense actually help so much! :D

16. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

my hammerdin looks just like this 1 but i use enigma archon, rings are 15-18 wisp, dwarf, belt is arachnids mesh, and merc is a hf merc with ethereal reapers toll, ethereal 193ed bane and CoA(rather crapy 1)

he can be found somewhere between worldstone lvl 2 and baal, USWest sc ladder

17. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

i would use dwarf and wisp but i really like the full rounded mods of a tgod.

Str, Vit, Absorb

I couldnt ask for a better combo :D

18. Slayaboxer

Slayaboxer IncGamers Member

Why etheral stone armor???

Why etheral stone armor??? it doesnt look like it can repair itself

ENLIGHTEN ME PLZ

19. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Notice its on my merc ^_^

Its under the merc section hehe

3.5k def...

Merc has 17k def now...
    its sweet...

20. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

It is that bad. Boneweave is definitely wrong on a hammerdin; archon plate requires less str and offers more defence. Better yet, a mage plate can let you stay at 25 str. The difference is 68-25 = 43. That would be 129 life. That is a lot! Consider this, if you have 30 small vitas in your inventory with 16 life each, this would be equivalent to upgrade all of them to 20.