What does "uber" mean?

BlueOctoberFan

Diabloii.Net Member
Essentially, extremely high powered. Hence, the world event of Diablo Walks was called Uber-Diablo.

In the vast, amazing world outside of this game, it generally means "extremely." I.e. "that is uber-cool."

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
Uber literally means Super in German. In D2, Uber has two meanings.

1) Unbelievable gear/characters are often referred to as Uber (super).

2) Related to the Hell Fire Torch Quest; the bosses that you must beat to turn the keys into organs = Mini-Ubers and the 3 bosses you must face after transmuting the organs to open the Tristram portal = Ubers / Tristram-Ubers. Characters designed to kill these beasties are often referred to as Uber pallys/barbs/druids/etc. People also refer to the gear commonly used to this end as Uber gear or Uber killer gear.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
In terms of how the word is actually used on B.Net, "uber" means: mundane, everyday items and builds everyone and their duck has. (ie. "i hav uber nigma!")

Inokis

Diabloii.Net Member
so by not having the items and gear that everyone else has, you then transcend the norm by having inferior gear, what a novel concept :)

Evrae Altana said:
In terms of how the word is actually used on B.Net, "uber" means: mundane, everyday items and builds everyone and their duck has. (ie. "i hav uber nigma!")

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Inokis said:
so by not having the items and gear that everyone else has, you then transcend the norm by having inferior gear, what a novel concept :)
But, But, how can I have fun if I can't walk untouched through all areas of a game, killing at will, finding more "Uber" items with every drop, one-hit-killing all other players????? WHAAAAAAAH!!!! MOMMY, I NEED MORE EBAY MONEY!!!! WHAAAAAAH!!!!

Sorry, I think I've been visiting other forums too much!:lipsrsealed: