Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what does this mean??

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by XSSJX, May 11, 2005.

1. XSSJX

XSSJX IncGamers Member

what does this mean??

well im new soi dont know what everything means

what does IAS and OIAS mean?

also if theres anything else that i can now and any abbreviations plz post them so i dont get confused

aka MAL, etc....

2. Demppa

Demppa IncGamers Member

Hi there!

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=127257

there you should find some answers.
    well, IAS means Increased Attack Speed, OIAS means IAS gotten from somewhere else than weapon. (I'm not sure about that) Mal is a rune. (such as eld rune or tir rune)

www.battle.net/diablo2exp

that's a very good site that probably tells you everything you need to know that the upper link doesn't tell you. complete list of items and so

I hope this helps
    -Demppa

3. XSSJX

XSSJX IncGamers Member

thanks a lot man :)

4. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

This is correct. OIAS is put in a separate category because some skills, such as a druid's fury or a barb's whirlwind, work differently when the IAS is on the weapon or another piece of gear (sometimes abreviated WIAS for weapon and OIAS for off-weapon.) Whirlwind, for instance, depends solely on weapon spead, so IAS from your gloves (OIAS) does not help at all.

Please make sure you understand IAS breakpoints, as hitting the next one can really make a difference in the effectiveness of your character. For technical reasons, if you have a breakpoint at 10 ias and another at 35 ias, you get the same result from having 10 ias as having 30 because you have not hit the next breakpoint. You will not see a difference until you go over 35. Faster Cast Rate, btw, works the same way.

Hope I didn't drown you in information. You can always ask here, in the class specific forums, or in the statistics forum if you've got a specific question.