Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What does "setting the players to 8" mean?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by itzlim, Apr 13, 2005.

1. itzlim

itzlim IncGamers Member

What does "setting the players to 8" mean?

I've seen this in multiple guides and it's a bit confusing. Does that mean to get 8 players in the game or just set the options of the created game to "8?"

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

It's the "players x" command.

It's used in single player games only and not in open or closed battle.net.

What is does is increase the difficulty of the game by the number of players you specify.

For example if you are playing in SP by yourself and you set players to 8, the game would then be as if there there were 7 other players in the game besides yourself. This command increases the difficulty of the game according to the number of players. Monsters get harder, more drops, etc.

The corect use of the command is /players=x where x= ma number from 1 to 8.

3. jkho

jkho IncGamers Member

I think monsters stay the same but have more HPs and also u get more experience for kills .....
    kill like 4 ppl in act1 Normal to get ur first level :D

the only thing i don't like about /players 8 is killing the darn group of Shamen ppl... stupid resurections !

4. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

the command is /playersX, where X is from 1-8. The monsters attacks stay the same, however when compared to players 1, they have X times the hit points and give .5(X+1) times the experience.

5. greatxnenya

greatxnenya IncGamers Member

I believe in .09 the players x command worked like this. You type the command players x, and the monsters that spawn will be spawned with more hp, more drops, more exp. But, for example, before you get to a certain area such as Ancients right before you go up to the Summit you can type the command for one player, making it easier. Only for single player though. Sorry if it is a bit confusing but I am not in the best of condition to be talking about this.