Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What Does Everyone have against hip-hop

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by blu3l1ghtn1ng, Mar 16, 2005.

1. blu3l1ghtn1ng

blu3l1ghtn1ng Diabloii.Net Member

What Does Everyone have against hip-hop

I don't get it. Everyone here has a problem with hip-hop except for like 3 people. I dug up the old music thread, and it got slaughtered..I'm a hip-hop fan who'd like an explanation as to why this forum hates it.

2. bbregeditbb

bbregeditbb Banned

Because its uneducated black guys singing about the white ho they gangbanged or the homie they busted a cap in. Its a tasteless excuse for people to just sit there and curse every other word about nonsense.

3. blu3l1ghtn1ng

First of all not every rapper is black (ex. Eminem). Secondly there are different sorts of rap. Some of it focuses of the parts of their lives where they sold crack or w.e., but there is also "love" based hip hop, and other songs with a positive message. And not every single hip hop song has swearing in it.

Those are the biggest stereotypes ever.

4. bbregeditbb

bbregeditbb Banned

Yeah, not every rapper is black. There is ONE white one, which not surprisingly is the only one I can stand. And yeah, I apologize that I forgot to mention when they rap about selling crack. Thats much more respectable then rapping about what I mentioned.

5. Steel_Avatar

Steel_Avatar Diabloii.Net Member

That may be true. But to steal a phrase: "I'm not about to dig through a pile of **** to find one kernel of corn worth eating." Quite frankly, what I've heard hasn't impressed me, and thus has given me no real desire to seek out more.

I could offer any number of my reasons why I dislike it, but what's the point? It's primarily an opinion that you couldn't logically argue with no matter how hard you tried.

6. blu3l1ghtn1ng

I agree its an opinion. But the fact that everyone calls it shit, when there is a basis for good music within it all is disrespect to me and everyone who likes hip-hop. The fact of the matter is that rock nowadays isnt amazing too. It seems all those kids do is whine about how their life sucks.

And what if most rappers are black. You say it like a bad thing..

7. cyclotronic

cyclotronic Diabloii.Net Member

I'ts not good music.

8. bbregeditbb

bbregeditbb Banned

Its not that its bad they are black. Its that nowadays all you hear from black people is how 'the man' is still holding them down, which is a crock of crap. Look at all these black comics that do nothing but make fun of white people for their whole routine, but god forbid a white comic said 1 little thing about black people, it would be a friggin fiasco. Thats why I dont like rap. You say rock nowdays is all these white kids whining, when basically anything pro-black is anti-white and black people whining about BS.

9. Steel_Avatar

Steel_Avatar Diabloii.Net Member

The pot called. Said something about being black.

10. blu3l1ghtn1ng

I have personally never heard anyone talk of the "man" holding them down. If anything it would be circumstances that they don't blame on color.

What does comedy have to do with music?

Again with the sterotypes..

Edit: Ya kno that rappers have alot more things to take about than just how they're black. Jay-Z (my favorite rapper) has talked about everything, and wrapped it into something that is lyrically a masterpiece.

11. bbregeditbb

bbregeditbb Banned

Yeah, and why again are you so pro-black? You are a traitor to your own race.

12. blu3l1ghtn1ng

I'm confused..I never said I was white or black

And color has little to do with rap. I have friends from every part of the globe who enjoy it.

13. bbregeditbb

bbregeditbb Banned

This is basically what it boils down to. Most of the rap listeners are black. Most of the internet forums are white. Do you think youre going to find many rap fans here?

14. Ev_

Ev_ Diabloii.Net Member

You don't like an entire genre of music because of a double standard that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with music? You do realize that you're saying you hate rap "because black people make it," right?

I'll save you the seeking. Check out Atmosphere and Sage Francis.

15. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I don't really 'hate' hip hop music - but it often doesn't speak to me in a way I can relate to. Random useless examples - Mary J. I can relate to, Lauryn Hill I can relate to, DMX ... once in a while. But most of hip hop, particularly hip hop videos just strike me as ridiculously infantile. "Look ma, I got a club full of hos, lots of money, clothes, useless jewelry and a pimped out ride." It's like the entire genre these days exists soley as a vehicle for one's vanity. How am I supposed to relate to that and why would I even want to?

Today's MTV-pushed hip hop reminds me uncomfortably of late-80s hair metal - devoid of artistic merit, hyper-materialistic, and taking itself far too seriously. That analysis doesn't extend to every artist - and it's applicable to more than just the hip hop genre - but that's my general opinion.

I don't know if that answers the question to your satisfaction or not. I don't really spend my time ragging on what other people like - to each his own.

16. Ev_

Ev_ Diabloii.Net Member

Tell me something, would you ever dare to say something like that in public?

Line? Crossed.

17. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares Diabloii.Net Member

what the ****?

18. blu3l1ghtn1ng

I too hate 85% of the music that is new that I see on TV. Infact I cant stand watching BET videos for more than 10 minutes..it just doesn't work for me. However many rappers - even commercial ones sometimes, if they've been around for a while, are usually worth listening too.

I understand where people get annoyed at gangsta rap on tv nowadays, however you must not judge everything just by this one sub-genre.

19. DurfBarian

DurfBarian Diabloii.Net Member

I am white, at least I was last time I took a bath and got a look at the color of my skin.

I am a fan of rap music. Not all rap, of course, but there's good stuff to be found, as there is in most musical genres.

bbregeditbb is saying some pretty amazing stuff in this thread. It'll be, um, really sad to see that guy go.

20. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares Diabloii.Net Member

and it's a good thing too, or I would beat you with my shillelagh

SHILLELAGH!!!
    *swing*
    SHILLELAGH!!!
    *swing*