Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What does Blizzard think of Botting in D3?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Interesting read in a post on Reddit, allegedly from a guy who knows guys at Blizzard. It's nothing revelatory, but in a way that makes it more believable since there aren't any wild claims made. Obviously take it with grains of salt, but here you go, a fan's account sharing What does Blizzard think of Botting in D3:

I live in Irvine, CA. I don't work for Blizzard. A friend of mine has a friend who works there, and we all hang out sometimes. This person doesn't work on Diablo. Yeah, I know what that sounds like, and I have an uncle who works for Nintendo, right? I have no way of verifying any of this, and even if I could I wouldn't because I'm not going to jeopardize anyone or anything. You'll either believe me or you wont.

• Blizzard is well aware of the botting problem
    • Blizzard isn't doing nothing about it
    • The team that makes Warden are the ones working on it. Not the D3 devs, they don't have the right skillset. They're vocal about it though.
    • The Warden team (which has a different internal name that I forget, but they pretty much do all anti-cheating work) is understaffed and constantly busy. It's apparently a small team with a lot of responsibility, and they're heads down on Overwatch right now, so D3 isn't getting much love.
    • It sounds like there's a lot of internal politics around D3. It's not the most loved game internally, especially by the higher ups (at Activision I assume). It sounds like a lot of things around D3 get shot down or pushed off indefinitely.
    • Adding more servers to address the lag isn't happening. It sounds like that's something they want to do really bad, but aren't getting.
    • Nothing about an expansion, patch info, nothing like that.
    • They watch Twitch and have a strong partnership with them. They could get streams shut down if they want to.
    • They know all about Gabynator :)

Sure, any of us could have written this, and perhaps made it more believable by naming specific devs, etc. It's all pretty much common sense reactions and fairly obvious comments about allocation of internal resources, when you get right down to it. But still... interesting.

Thoughts?
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. DaveTheBrave

DaveTheBrave IncGamers Member

The closer we get to blizzcon the less I want to go.

3. Dragoonus

Dragoonus IncGamers Member

This all sounds accurate to me. I think it further confirms that we are receiving an expansion broken over the course of the last few patches.

4. HFDOH

HFDOH IncGamers Member

I find these statement intersting that they do something is sure Im banned for no reason and they refuse to anwer me in anyways (Read my comments for further info in An Open Letter on Botting from the Diablo Community)maybe they are understaffed it would not surprise and theirfor the ban dudes with a shutgun only mistake are that they hit innocent also and have no time to explain why and only the standard template and many dont know what terms have i violated and when and how.
    I have play diablo since it arrives 20 years ago and yes the game are more complex today of course, but 'i have seen so many problems before. login problems, lost game connection, laag ect ect and its surprise me that blizzard not have techinical staff to resolve all these problems, according to messages about mataince here and there and when they tell they have fix a problem you cant see it in game. and maybe im wrong but the leaderboard seems to make more problems bevvause some are ready to do everythng to have their name on it, when I start we play for fun and to relax after work now it seems like some are online 10-16 hours a day. Imo it seems like diablo will end in Inferno or T99. d3 is heading for the worst possible way as one say here and I agree with the dude who say This article just confirms my suspicions unfortunately.

5. HFDOH

HFDOH IncGamers Member

mistake it should have been like this in my message above "but I have never ever seen so many problems before "

6. Soval

Soval IncGamers Member

Which is exactly what rumors like this are designed to play to. You have your own opinions and biases, and you substitute those personal beliefs for the hard evidence that this story doesn't actually care to provide. You conveniently see what you want to see, and would have continued to believe whatever you wanted to believe even if this so called 'insider information' had argued the opposite position.

Because it is so vague (no info on patches and xpacks, like an insider would know about) and contradictory (it says they are doing nothing, then says they have a dedicated team working on the problem) that anybody can read into it whatever they want.

7. AbrielNei

AbrielNei IncGamers Member

The biggest problem Diablo has always had is that it does not generate any income after the initial buy. That was what RMAH was supposed to address. If it doesn't generate income then the team is reduced to a minimum so basically nobody is working on it. That's why we can't have nice things like regular patches, new servers, etc. And so it has always been the game that is the last in line for everything (or at least that's how it seems).
    Which is kinda ironic as Diablo was the game that shot Blizzard into the stardom...

HFDOH likes this.
  8. PrvtPiLe

PrvtPiLe IncGamers Member

"Blizzard isn’t doing nothing about it"

So, this statement is ambiguous. It can either mean they are doing something about it, or that they're not. Kind of interesting when it's one of the more significant points. Which do we think it means?

9. Kipex

Kipex IncGamers Member

The big problem in Diablo and most other big games/companies, is the lack of communication. It's impossible to get a straight answer for the hard hitting questions. The people who might have the answers aren't allowed to say anything and so we are just left with a ton of speculation, rumors and hearsay, and for my part the realization that they just don't care.

10. Darkmere

Darkmere IncGamers Member

It's very popular in the community to want everything free AND the benefits of a subscription model. Buy once and get whatever random scraps afterward... or pay a subscription fee and get constant patches with new content. Can't have both. WoW makes more in any given year than Diablo 3 ever has. That's why they get more support than us.

11. HFDOH

HFDOH IncGamers Member

The biggest problem Diablo has always had is that it does not generate any income after the initial buy. That was what RMAH was supposed to address. If it doesn't generate income then the team is reduced to a minimum so basically nobody is working on it. That's why we can't have nice things like regular patches, new servers, etc. And so it has always been the game that is the last in line for everything (or at least that's how it seems). Which is kinda ironic as Diablo was the game that shot Blizzard ..........

agree diablo start blizzrd up but cuz its not generate any money they dont care about in the beginning they updated diablo not only with useless patch but expansions

12. BigElKo

BigElKo IncGamers Member

I noticed that one too. Since I'm a sysadmin with some mathematician background, for me it means they are working their pants off for it. ;-)

Double negative is an absolute positive.

13. BigElKo

BigElKo IncGamers Member

Then it's time for Ted Striker to move to the cockpit :)

(Airplane!)

14. HFDOH

HFDOH IncGamers Member

sad maybe but I agree

15. HFDOH

HFDOH IncGamers Member

No Blizzard will not totally abandon D3 but what will the players do?? it seems to get worse and worse, many wanted AH closed but a lot leave after that?? No bigger stash even it can be that hard to fix. and as you say no PVP and yes patches intruduced new problems since paragon lvl arrived peopel want to see their ranking as high as possible and theirfor growing cheating

16. HFDOH

HFDOH IncGamers Member

so you suggest that we should pay a monthly amount of Money in D3 and then it would solve all problems???