Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by iq144, Apr 8, 2004.

?

Which do you think is better launched or thrown?

1. launched

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. thrown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. equal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no idea whatsoever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. iq144

iq144 IncGamers Member

What do you think?

Ye gods, last time I started a thread like this it went down in flames. Much like the hindenburg. Only more dramatic.

Ok, the first question is for the christians in the audience (all 3 of you! hehe). Is it wrong for a man to look at a woman lustfully? Biblically speaking, of course. If someone asks I'll lay the quotes out, although Anyee will probably dissect them and fling them back at me. I swear one of them is NOT Paul.

Second question for everyone: is it wrong for a married man to 'check out' other women? What about a man with just a girlfriend? What about a man with a casual lover?

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

It's not wrong but I'm sure the partner would get mad.

3. faultless wonderboy

faultless wonderboy IncGamers Member

To address your second question, I have to make the observation that some people seem to think you go through a transformation when you get married. That when you put the ring on, your need to check out other members of the opposite sex suddenly vanishes and you are left with a love and lust for your significant other that never falters. This, I am here to tell you, is not true. Do not mistake me, I love my wife very very much, but sometimes the eyes wander, but I always stay by her side.

I think its perfectly healthy and perfectly natural to check out other guys/girls, although you must always remember who you have chosen to go home to every night. Also, its decidedly unhealthy to check out members of the opposite sex while your significant other is present, bad bad health risk...otherwise its ok...

4. iq144

iq144 IncGamers Member

Alright, got one...

"You have heard that it is wrong to commit adultery, but I tell you that any man who looks at a woman with lust has committed adultery in your heart."

Straight from the mouth of Jesus, circa the Sermon on the Mount.

5. Paris.

Paris. IncGamers Member

The pertinent question to be answered first before you throw biblical quotes around – mind you I can fling them straight back is: “Do you believe in the Jesus?” and “Do you believe in the bible?”

6. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

you cant deny a man of lust, its just not fair

7. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

I'm pretty sure its one of the ten commandments to not lust after the opposite sex but I don't remember which one it is.

8. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

nah theres just one about physical cheating

9. th5418

th5418 Banned

Wrong. There is a commandment about not lusting. LUST is a sin.

10. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

Lust is one of the 7 deadly sins (all you need to do is watch Se7en to know that) :teeth:

As has already been mentioned... if you are going by the bible, it speaks very clearly to lust. "If a man thinks in his heart, so has he done it"... which basically put means that all you have to do is commit the sin in your mind and heart and it is the same thing as actually doing it.

It's one thing to have a thought come into your mind, it is another thing to entertain that thought. So... if you were trying to follow your faith and a lustful thought came into your mind regarding a really hot girl passing you by, but you quickly dismiss it, then you are free and clear. However, if you were to let that initial thought blossom in your mind and let it expand to fantasy level etc, then you are committing the sin. (Biblically speaking).

11. Vorzheva

Vorzheva IncGamers Member

Can you lust after the same sex? :lol:

12. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

I think you have a whole other problem then...

13. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

sry if i offended anyone, ive not took to the bible yet, i still lead a reasonably moral life but purity just isnt me (I will research before stating assumptions regarding religion in future :drool: )

14. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Dude..... what did you say to offend anyone? I don't even think Carnage can get offended at anything you said and he gets offended by everything.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone by posting that.

15. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

It's impossible for any non-eunech not to lust at some point in his life, so I say there's nothing wrong with it.

16. THCMaster

THCMaster IncGamers Member

I do believe that lust is only a sin if you act on it.

17. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I'm so screwed, then. I don't remember a feeling of lust that I DIDN'T act on in one way or another...

18. iq144

iq144 IncGamers Member

Ok, admitting that every man usually does this at least once, would you say that if a man became suitably aware of this and decided it was wrong, then could he stop doing this altogether?

And what about men in relationships, eh?

19. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I doubt it. It's human nature to want after attractive people. Everyone has their own little fetish that they lust after, even if they won't admit it to themselves. You know what they say... 95% of men mastrubate, the other 5% are lying. Maybe the budhist monks who spend all night and day meditating on self control can do it, but the average man? A little lust is going to sneak its way into his consciousness all the time before he can stifle it away with guilt. I say why be guilty over it? It's not like thinking about other women when wrestling the one-hander salamander ever hurt anyone.

I have yet to meet a man who wouldn't have a wandering eye if Laetitia Casta walked past him in the mall, even if he didn't mean to. It happens. Women do it, too. Everyone wants what they can't have.

20. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Biblically speaking(referred to as bs)... okay.

All but the budhist monks are blind. (bs)
    All who lust(look above) die horribly and burn in hell for their sins. (bs)

I find this quote quite discriminating, eunech's(sp) have feelings too you know!

:D

Seriously, I think it is fine as long as you don't get caught by you're significant other.

edit: Why is the poll so men orientated? It would be nice to see what change it would have if people(forum members mostly men) also thought about their significant other checking out all the hot guys/girls when answering this poll.

This sounds like if you represent certain gender you are bound to answer so that you support you're freedom and the other genders restriction. Or am I just guessing?