Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What do you "Snack" on, on the weekends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by skihard, Apr 29, 2005.

1. skihard

skihard Banned

What do you "Snack" on, on the weekends

So usually on the weekends I reach a point where I want something to “snack†on so I make myself (and my wife and kids by default) a multilayer dip to eat with either Fritos or those bites size Tostitos. Anyway this is how I usually make it.

I layer in a glass 9x11 cake pan the following things.

Layer 1 – 1/2 to a Full package of cream cheese
    Layer 2 – 1 can of refried beans (black beans are preferred)
    Layer 3 – 3/4 to 1 pound of taco seasoned ground chuck (cooked)
    Layer 4 – 6 oz of Mexican mix shredded cheese (Colby, Cheddar, Jack, and another flavor I don’t remember)
    Layer 5 – Salsa (I usually use Tostitos restaurant style but have recently discovered a new flavor I like more)
    Layer 6 – Jalapeño’s 1/2 a jar at least
    Layer 7 – Black olives

I put this in the oven for 10-15 minutes on 325 then add the following when I take it out.

Layer 8 – Shredded Lettuce
    Layer 9 – 2 oz of the Mexican cheese (I usually find the cheese in an 8 oz package so I just finish up the package)

When all is said and done my “snack†usually turns into a late Saturday supper just before or at the beginning of a movie with the family so………..

Anyway I’m interested in a different “snack†on the weekends and was wonder what all of you enjoy.

2. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Sun Chips. Mmmm, they are tasty, go with Harvest Cheddar. I also like to get some pretzels, and put some salsa over them. After it sits for a minute or two, the pretzels begin to soften up a bit. Sorta like chips and salsa, but a bit healthier.

3. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

I am fairly sure only an american could ever stomach such a diet without some kind of intestinal distress.

4. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

That is incredible :thumbsup:

5. Keldaris

Keldaris IncGamers Member

Grilled cheese hotdogs!!!!

6. skihard

skihard Banned

Do you include South and Central American people in your statement above?? I ask because other than the Olives it is dish that was developed outside of the United States and adopted by some of us in the United States. This was originally warmed in a brick oven in the country of Mexico. As immigrants entered the United States they brought with them the foods they ate at home and some created restaurants that would serve this food and then those not of Mexican decent started eating it. Before long it was being made in homes of the average American so it would be proper to say only someone from the western hemisphere could stomach such a diet……

Incredibly good

7. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

although that sounds really delicious, cereal and bread are much simpler, require less time, and are more readily availible at my house without going out to buy things at the store.

cereal and bread it is.
    phil

8. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

Ramen noodles...terrible for you but I have been addicted to those since I was 12.

9. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

layer 1 - beer
    layer 2 - beer
    layer n - beer

works for me. That's a swell recipe skihard, thanks for sharing.

10. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

pizza-beer-pizza-beer-and so on

11. kernelpops

kernelpops IncGamers Member

As a snack for me and the family, I will usually just make a cheese and sausage and crackers platter.

Sliced smoked sausage, Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, and Medium or sharp Chedder, and Town house crackers.

Mild chedder is a waste of milk.

12. Eff

Eff Banned

aka

mexicans too.

13. skihard

skihard Banned

A guy I work with read this and he suggested also putting in some spiced rice as another layer so maybe I might have to try that some time.

I like the meat and cheese tray also but for some reason I usually only do it around the winter holiday's not really sure why but from 2 weeks into November tilll just after New Years that tends to be very common in my house.

14. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Same here skihard. We always have a meat and cheese tray in my dad's house around Christmas time. And the really wierd part is that we use summer sausage.

15. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

*COUGH*
    we were here first

16. skihard

skihard Banned

Yes Ash I know the Mexican people were here firstYes Ash I know the Mexican people were here first. But those dishes didn’t start becoming popular nation wide back 227 years ago. It wasn’t until about 1970 when the foods from south of the border started making its way into the “occupiers†kitchen. And the reason for that was, as I stated, the greater influx of the Hispanic people into the currently establish boundaries of the United States. Most of the food from the southwest was only in the southwest, now you can’t go near a Mall without at least 3 Southwest restaurants (which is fine with me because I love the stuff) to choose from.

Speaking of Mexican dishes and things from Mexico that have had a large influence on the White American culture…………

ONLY 4 days to Cinco De Mayo

I’ll will be raising a glass of Don Julio to everyone I see that day Maybe I’ll start a thread about my doing that.

17. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

The souls of unrequited sinners.

Barring that, I like chicken wings.