What do YOU gamble for?

ElmoCorruptsChildren

Diabloii.Net Member
What do YOU gamble for?

I tend to pick up too much stuff when I MF, so I was wondering what items are best to gamble for in the long run. I never know exactly what to try. Rings and ammys have horrible resale, and I've never gotten anything useful. I'll spring for a diadem or circlet, knowing their chance to have +skills, but even if you get one and the mods aren'y great you only get 35000 gold back. Lately I've been going to two specific uniques, the Pelta Lunata Buckler and a Stormlash... but the odds are horrible for uniques, aren't they like 1 in 100,000?

Any good buys I'm missing? Talk amongst yourselves...

I must confess to not being much of a gambler. To me the odds are far worse than actually performing Magic Find runs.

I do however gamble:

- Amulets
- Rings
- Coronets/Circlets et al

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
I recently gambled a pair of gloves with +20% IAS and +2 to amazon bow skills. Nice stuff out there . . . you can find some tasty boots too, for that matter.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Amulets
Rings
Circlets & Coronets
Gloves (especially heavy gloves type - if I don't get nice mods, I can try a blood craft recipe then)

Indemaijinj

Diabloii.Net Member
I gamble for:

Circlets/Coronets
Amulets
Rings

Gloves (+skill/IAS, MF/Dual resists)
Boots (MF/Dual Resists)

Throwing weapons.

Belts (Big life and resists)

Occasionally big weapons. Armors usually just eat up your finances.

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
I gamble the following:

Circlets/coronets: obvious
Crafting materials: mainly safety/blood since elites are favored for defense(esp safety)
Weapons: Still waiting for 40% ias and 450%ED. (I had one 40% ias/300%ED though)
Boots: perfect 30%ias, 25%mf, 40% resist all(excluding poison)

To finance this basically means I pick up every little pile of gold and sell anything I think is worth over 20K.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
ElmoCorruptsChildren said:
but the odds are horrible for uniques, aren't they like 1 in 100,000?
It's 1/2000 not too horrible:)

I only gamble rings/amulets/circlets, although I have yet to gamle a useful ring. I wouldn't worry too much about resale value, just go for the items that has the biggest chance of being useful.

NeckRomancer

Diabloii.Net Member
I gamble for rings primarily, looking for a good dual leech ring. :D

When circlets pop up, I buy them too (not coronets though; too expensive IMAO).

Corrupted

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm stuffing my bank 'till I hit level 95 with a character, my sorceress is 92 and I don't do exp runs with her, so it'll probably be the javazon or hammerdin I'm making soon.

Right now I have ~52 millions.

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
NeckRomancer said:
I gamble for rings primarily, looking for a good dual leech ring. :D

When circlets pop up, I buy them too (not coronets though; too expensive IMAO).
Coronets can upgrade to Tiaras and Diadems though - and once you have a rare Diadem, you can just reroll it indefinitely in the cube (well, until you have fewer than 6 PSkulls) and hope for the ultimate Diadem mods you seek.

In any case, my latest gambling fad is Ancient Armor, in the hopes of nabbing a Tyrael's and/or Templar's and/or IKSC. Worst that could happen is that I have a whole load of Milabrega's Robes, I guess :) Horribly expensive though, at about 500k a pop - but it might pay off one day.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
I gamble for rings and amy's, I don't worry about the resale value, I gamble to get rid of funds when I can't hold my money anymore. Since I pick up EVERYTHING (I feel bad S&E w/ a partial pile of bolts out there somewhere) I reach this point often when I'm not dying a lot.