What do you do with legit high runes?

Sgraffite

Diabloii.Net Member
What do you do with legit high runes?

Since I started playing about a month and a half ago I've found 2 Ums, an Ist, and a Vex. I guess Um isn't considered a high rune, and Ist it depends on the server.

To me they are worth more than duped runes that are commonly traded for so I keep them safe on a different mule. I guess I could wait until I have enough to make a legit runeword but that may never happen. What do you guys do with legit high runes?

killian27

Diabloii.Net Member
I think there is a rule that all self found Vex runes go in legit HoTo's ... or just wait for Zod to drop for legit Botd =P

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
Before I trade all high runes away, until I made a legit grief which changed my mind to keep all high runes :azn:

MysticDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Make a 40 Hoto with the legit Vex rune and become part of the Legit 40 HotO Club! This exclusive club has many benefits like bragging rights!

rykuss

Banned
Make a legit Hoto out of that Vex or a legit Death if you happen to pop a Gul from the forge. I was fortunate enough to have done both and more. It does happen. Whatever you decide on, save them up and don't trade them away.

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
Nothing special. Don't waste it in an ugly base item though.

I've found Ohm and Lo runes before. Traded the Ohm away like an idiot (it was my first month of D2, and the best drop I'd ever had...), but I made a nice legit Superior Fortitude out of my Lo.

Mariachi

Diabloii.Net Member
Definately make a hoto.I used my vex to make one and my hammerdin is pleased I did.I might have made a death if I had done a little thinking first since I had a gul too,but I can't complain about hoto.

hardnfast

Diabloii.Net Member
I make legit runewords that invariably roll the lowest possible mods, e.g my Fort dusk that got 25% resists and +1 life. I did roll a legit 394 griefz for my barb unfortunately it came with 33%ias.

Creep

Banned
Only difference between a legit High rune and a duped one is that you don't have to worry about the legit one poofing. Other than that they arent worth any more or any less.

I've had a few high runes poof, but never had a runeword that I have made myself with duped runes poof.

Once you drop the rune into an open socket the only difference is purely psychological.

hardnfast

Diabloii.Net Member
Only difference between a legit High rune and a duped one is that you don't have to worry about the legit one poofing. Other than that they arent worth any more or any less.

I've had a few high runes poof, but never had a runeword that I have made myself with duped runes poof.

Once you drop the rune into an open socket the only difference is purely psychological.
Yes but I get a sense of satisfaction when using legit self found items.

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
I am probably the only human alive that has played for years and never found a high rune.

I found a Mal of meph once, but that's not a "HR" regardless of it's value.

I got an ist from hell forge but that doesn't count either.

Nary a HR.

That said, no one will believe you or care if you ever try to trade it.

GotFriana

Diabloii.Net Member
I recently found an Ohm rune and was thinking I d do a Faith bow with it, I found the bow too a couple of days after and other stuff I traded for a Jah, but then when I had it all toghether I thought I didnt know the origin of that Jah and if the worst ever hapened and that Jah poofed into the bow I d loose a perfectly legit Ohm. So after all I decided to keep that pretty lil Ohm for myself in the mule and traded some more things for another "suspicious" Ohm to put with that Jah :p
Epilog: Didnt make a good roll actually so Im even more happy I still have my Ohm.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Save it. Then find more.
Save up to make your own Phoenix (Vex+Vex+Lo+Jah), or Destruction (Vex+Lo+Ber+Jah+Ko). Botd is too common.
If you manage to do it, I can almost guarantee you are the first one on your realm. :thumbsup: