Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what do you do when..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ZeppelinAngel, Feb 25, 2004.

1. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

what do you do when..

you find a hair in your food? does it completely disgust you? do you not care?

i know this is gonna sound gross but it doesn't really bother me, i just remove it and continue chowing, unless the hair is curly.. then that makes me think.. which makes me say neh, not eating that :teeth:

2. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Eh, hair is hair. I don't even remove it. And those curly hairs, how did they get there! :scratch:

3. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

Nah...i find the scariest thing is you 'tar zep...
    Actually...I once found a Q-tip in my Taco Salad. I presume the yellow on the end was cheese, but I'm not too sure. The only thing I'm sure of is I'm never eatin there again.

4. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

I just take it out and finish up. If I find something like a toenail or a tooth or something then I'd be pretty pissed.

5. th5418

th5418 Banned

I dont rly care, i take it out, continue eating. I dont atke time analyzing the hair so I wouldnt know if it was curly...

6. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

I once found a hair baked into the crust of the slice of pizza I was eating. I just pulled it out, and ate around that chunk of pizza. Had it been in a soup or something like that, I wouldn't have eaten it. Had it been the hair of someone I didn't know, I probably wouldn't have eaten it normally. I did then because I was 15 and just didn't care. I was hungry and it was only a hair.

7. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

unless its 20 feet long I'll just pick it out

8. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

I just pick it out unless, like zep said, its curly like a pube then I'll throw the food away.

This is if I'm eating at home. I've never gotten a hair in my food at a restaurant and if I did I'm not sure if I would care or not.

9. KillerQueen

KillerQueen IncGamers Member

If it is from a restaurant it grosses me out too much to eat. If it was something made by me or my husband I don't really care as much.

10. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

yea, thats about what I was thinking, if it was the hair of someone I knew I wouldn't bother me, but curly in a restaurant would be a different story methinks

11. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

I don't get too concerned. First of all, unless its baked in or something, it might be MY hair that fell in. Otherwise, considering how much non-food I eat that goes unnoticed (for every hair you DO see, how many do you NOT see), why should I care if I actually see it? I mean it's kinda gross, but it's impossible to prevent and it is just a risk you have to take if you plan to eat.

Now my ex, she's a nutcase. If she sees even the smallest, tiniest foreign thing, even a whisker of a hair, she will NEVER eat at the establishment again. Over the years she's eliminated about 90% of the restaurants in town and she will only eat out at TWO places only: The only two that have not served her food in which she found something besides food. She doesn't understand that she probably ate a ton of crap that wasn't food, at those restaurants, and just didn't notice. And she doesn't understand that eventually she will eliminate all her options for food. Her boycott list includes restaurants, cafeterias, coffee shops, grocery stores, corner stands, you name it... There are very few places she will ever buy food from and it is still reducing. What will she do when the last place she will buy food from serves her something with a hair in it? She'd be dead from starvation in a week.

12. Nova_Dust

Nova_Dust Banned

I rarely find hairs. I remove it and continue about what I was doing. As for pubic hair, haven't seen one in public, yet.

13. adamfgt78

adamfgt78 IncGamers Member

I might be a little put off, but I guess it depends how in-grained in the food it is and the type of food. If it were at a restaurant, I'd say there's a 25% chance that I'd send it back.

I'm pretty suprised at all the posters saying they wouldn't mind too much. I know some people that would absolutely flip out over it. A co-worker of mine is complaining because they're installing a biometric fingerprint reader and she is going to have to touch something that others have also touched.

14. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

I would advise against sending food back in a restaurant setting.

15. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Why's that smelly?

16. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

It will upset the cook/chef/culinary artist, who will "correctly" prepare the dish with some "secret ingredient" that you wouldn't want to know about... Ever seen the movie "Road Trip"? Think of Kyle's French Toast.

17. th5418

th5418 Banned

is she one of those people who carry like 50 bottles of anti bacterial stuff in their purse.

18. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

did the chef jerk off in the toast? Is that where "not another teen movie" got the part in the singing part from?

19. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

i would just pick it out, then eat some more. but if its beef or pork or something, and i get a hard piece or a little round cirlce that i think is a vein or something, then i have to stop. its nasty.

20. mysnistaken

mysnistaken Banned

i've just pulled it out...too lazy and hungry to send it back, if i was at a restaurant, and samething, if i found it at home.