What do you do when your inventory gold is full?

forestman

Diabloii.Net Member
What do you do when your inventory gold is full?

I went to gambled for ammy/ring..

Sometimes got nice rare ones...

Once awhile gambed norkazin ammy, cathan set ring, raven frost ... hopfully elites ring/mara's will drop soon..:)

Wuhan_Clan

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not gambling. I'm helping out my poor friend Gheed because he doesn't get generate as much business as Charsi.

a black kid

Diabloii.Net Member
depends on ur character lvl gamble... my zon is lvl 87... and i gamble for jewelry and coronets (which often end up being diadems or tiaras) u can seriously get some really good items if ur character is high enough lvl... just keep at it.

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
Basically when I can't pick up any more gold I gamble all rings, amulets and circlets. Sometimes I get some good ones or decent ones, and sometimes I get nothing worthwile.

It's all about luck and your characters lvl (which affects what you can get if you're lucky).

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Wuhan_Clan said:
I'm not gambling. I'm helping out my poor friend Gheed because he doesn't get generate as much business as Charsi.
For gambling, I go to Alkor in act 3 because gambling is cheaper there (maybe because you solved two quests for him). In act 2 the vendors give you a discount after killing Radament, but I'm not sure if you will get a discount on gambling. Gambling does only depend on character level, so you could gamble anywhere with the same chances for success.

sangfagel

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
... Gambling does only depend on character level, so you could gamble anywhere with the same chances for success.
It does NOT work in NORMAL - there is a limit for ilvl (35 I belive) and even if you are lvl 99 you will still gamble low lvl items... I suppose, krischan that you know it, just didn´t consider possibility that a hight lvl char can gamble being in normal :D
Anyway - Alkor is cheap and good - recently he gave me Tal amu ;)

Taft12

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
For gambling, I go to Alkor in act 3 because gambling is cheaper there.
Holy crap is this true?! And if so why am I only learning about this now? Just when you think you finally know all the quirks of this game......

Pent

Diabloii.Net Member
wow, alkor is cheaper? bah!!
i usually gamble my invintory full, but I hardly get anything worth keeping

Zenkat

Diabloii.Net Member
Does anyone know the odds of getting set/rare jewelry from gambling? My level 90ish sorc has gambled away millions and millions of gold but never found any set or uniques.

D2X_Fan

Diabloii.Net Member
Gamble the gold.

Ring: Duel leech
Amulet: +2 Skill, MF, resist
Diadem: +2 Skill, leech, FR/W, FCR
A very small chance at unique/set

Edit: A Gheed's charm for reduces vendor prices (10-15%)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Taft12 said:
Holy crap is this true?! And if so why am I only learning about this now? Just when you think you finally know all the quirks of this game......
I learned it perhaos 2 weeks ago. Maybe it was different in 1.09 - I don't know. I always gambled in the city I just happened to be in before doing something dangerous, and some weeks ago I went to Alkor and found out that gambling amulets costs only 5x,000 gold instead of the usual 65,000 :D

MisterOwl

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
I learned it perhaos 2 weeks ago. Maybe it was different in 1.09 - I don't know. I always gambled in the city I just happened to be in before doing something dangerous, and some weeks ago I went to Alkor and found out that gambling amulets costs only 5x,000 gold instead of the usual 65,000 :D
Are you sure it's not because you have a Gheed charm equiped?

GIR

Banned
Personally, I pop on over to the Rogue Encampment at night to... uh... "hire..." one for the night...