What do we need? A NEW ONLINE TEST!!!

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Your flag is pretty ugly, but I have to admit that it's not as terrible as mine. If I was you, I would be worried a bit about the symbol at the left top, however.
I felt almost certain you would have berated me about the "Fatherland" part... :eek: Don't really know where that came from, & it's rather incendiary.

LozHinge the Unhinged

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I'm not sure the flags are much more than decorative, but they definitely have some form of meaning.

Still, it's hilarious that Loz is somehow evaluated as even more fascist than I am... I think it's because his other qualities were more "neutral".
So much for "Loz the Pragmatist". I was thinking of a new pair of boots in any event.

Edit:
An obscure memory just now surfaced in my mind. A friend of mine was taking a test prior to enlisting in the Navy, many years ago. He didn't sign in the end but he told of one of the questions.

Goats are very sure-footed. They are unlikely to drop into:
1. A precedent
2. A precipice
3. A precipitate
4. A preposition

Answer Number 3 had me in hysterics for a long time.

Last edited:

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I just read about that issue and it seems they received information about Facebook users who attended a survey, allegedly for scientific purposes. Is that a halfway proper summary?

I'm not on Facebook, however, so if it's about the above survey, it comforts me a small bit that they cannot tie it to additional data from a Facebook account. I just added a recordset of yet another German who's probably rather close to the stereotype.

I got your point though. Online surves are obviously made in order to gather data and make use of it. If there's something for free, then you aren't the customer, but the product.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
I just read about that issue and it seems they received information about Facebook users who attended a survey, allegedly for scientific purposes. Is that a halfway proper summary?
More simply put, everyone is suddenly losing their shyte over something Obama was being praised for a couple of years ago. The topic is actually one for my more recent thread about "no platforming" so I'll cross-post it.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28414/cambridge-analytica-and-campaign-destroy-ben-shapiro

Leopold Stotch

Diabloii.Net Member
You'll be one of the first up against the wall.
If this wall business happens in our country, me and the rest of my family will probably be BUILDING the wall, given our heritage. No, we're not illegals or DREAMERs, but we are brown and proud and if we keep going down this alternative timeline, it wouldn't surprise me if all the Brownies were rounded up and forced to build some wall...

/terrible joke
/sue me
/not giving any Guy Fawkes

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
No, we're not illegals or DREAMERs, but we are brown and proud and if we keep going down this alternative timeline, it wouldn't surprise me if all the Brownies were rounded up and forced to build some wall...

/terrible joke
Getting serious for just a second - hopefully y'all remember how much I truly despise Trump as a person, but seeing how the Progressive Left is treating a man who is a true "RINO" (Republican In Name Only) disgusts me. FOX N00z is nearly unwatchable given how much Trump fluffing they do, but it's over-matched by the incessant hate gossip all the Mainstream/Left channels spew. I swear that FOX actually has *more* reportage on actual news nowadays, and that's scary.

Trump had a steady girlfriend who was as "black" as Obama, FFS.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Yes, I noticed the smell of gossip as well. I despise that. On these matter I even (kind of) defended... hmm, the topic lures me into Godwin terrain regularly.

The more certain media benefit from big headlines and drastic phrasings, the dirtier will their gossip be.

Our media are participating in it the one or another way, but it's the conservative ones as well. Also, adjucating people from elsewhere is a different issue than one from here.

Leopold Stotch

Diabloii.Net Member
I haven't watched TV in about... two years now? When we moved to a new location (same area), we gave up cable and stuck with Netflix, Amazon, and Twitch. While I miss my trash tv (Bravo and Cartoon Network), I enjoy catching up on old shows on NF (re-watching That 70s Show since I missed S3 - end because of high school activities) and binge-watching the new stuff (Stranger Things, Sense8). I feel that not having cable has made my TV-watching time more avaible to NF, is what I'm trying to say. Although I do miss CNN. . . but we moved right before Trump got into office so how it's changed is not a question I can answer, really. When there is access to CNN (usually when we are out of town), I can't tell much of a difference and we only watch it on days or hours where we aren't busy with something.

Not to take away from Merv's original test post, but I didn't want to make a new thread. Also, I'm lazy. This little quiz was linked for one of my classes. I found it enjoyable and am curious to know what y'all's results are. Here are my results: https://nyti.ms/2Gt6xBC

Didn't expect to see Fremont, CA as most similar. I've never been there. Maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise.

P.S. Hope the link works. /fingers crossed

Last edited:

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Not to take away from Merv's original test post, but I didn't want to make a new thread. Also, I'm lazy. This little quiz was linked for one of my classes. I found it enjoyable and am curious to know what y'all's results are. Here are my results: https://nyti.ms/2Gt6xBC
That's totes fine.

I don't know if I'd taken this specific test before, but I remember similar results. Mostly my 'map' goes dark blue, as in the test heuristics have no feckin' idea where I'm from. Not surprising, since I lived in multiple regions as a youth & Europe as a young adult.
What was surprising is that I actually did live for about 6 months in Colorado, which shows highest affinity.
lingo.png