Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what do u value higher; life or dmg?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Sh4dovv, May 14, 2005.

?

What would make you turn to the Dark Side?

1. Your family/friends/loved ones murdered before your eyes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. You get a special thrill from kicking around different species

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You have a penchant for boss looking capes and black clothing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. You just dislike those hoity-toity, holier than thou Light-siders.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. You want a red lightsaber.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

what do u value higher; life or dmg?

ok, my windy is lvl90 and seems to do a lil less dmg than some others, cause i havnt got quite max synergies because i maxed sage first

but i have 6.3k life

so wat do u value higher, dmg or life? would u max sage over a synergy? or max all synergies and then go sage?

2. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

With Hurricane builds, I don't think the life is top priority because blocking could replace it since you're usually just standing there most of the time so you don't get the penalty. But it still really depends on what you use your druid for since it varies from purpose to purpose. The life bonus from Sage probably won't do you a whole lot of good in PvP because they could kill it and you'll lose a good chunk of your life.

I think the best way to go for PvM is to max block and max synergies for Hurricane. With PvP, I still think the previous method works best unless you're doing a group thing and the Sage could help your allies too.

3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

You have enough life probably.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

In PvM I like damage the best:) Besides the Oak Sage is really difficult to keep alive so half the time I don't even have it active.

5. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

life all the way because what's the point of having insane amounts of damage when you die in one hit?

6. nightaswz

nightaswz IncGamers Member

die in one hit? If this is for pvp, druids have stacking so they'll be able to survive quite a lot if they recast. Oak sage isnt as good as we think because it dies too often and recasting it usually becomes a waste of mana (ie: AoE spells such as Frozen orb). Even though i didnt vote, i believe the common consensus is to max synergies and then go to oak. If ur pvm, feel free to go whichever route.

7. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

life all the way. In pvm, especially if u play hc, u want surviveability instead of dmg. In pvp, life is still better than dmg cuz u have to be able to tank out dmg or esle u will die in no time. Ill give a simple example:

windy vs. windy (is ez to calculate cuz tornado is unblockable),

let say they all have perfect gears, both have 2k life with cta, both are lvl 85. (obviously not lvl90 cuz then u would max all the five skills)

skill pts: 84+12=96

windy number 1: 20tornado, 20hurricane, 20oak sage, 20cyclone, 14twister.
    lvl45 tornado: 5467-5742. average dmg=5604. lvl32oak sage: give +185percent life. his life: 2000*1.85+2000=5700.

windy number 2: 20tornado, 20hurricane, 20cyclone, 20twister, 14oak sage.
    lvl45 tornado(max sygnergies): 5971-6272. average dmg=6121. lvl26oak sage: give +155percent life. his: 2000*1.55+2000=5100.

factor in pvp penatly & dr:
    windy number 1: (5604*.17)/2=476 per hit.
    windy number 2: (6121*.17)/2=520 per hit.
    their dmg differences: 520-476=44
    their life differences: 5700-5100=600

as u can see, their dmg difference is not really a big deal, but their life have a huge difference between them. so u can figure out which is better. factor out that most casters have low life, so they can only try to dodge u to survive. once u catch them with low life, it's usually a quick finish.

8. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

i think syenergies are more important because as said before you're mostly standing so blocking would be better, and the syenergies boost your cyclone armor too

9. Mr.Popo

Mr.Popo Banned

well, cyclone cant save u all the time.

10. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

Playing a windy means playing like a caster to be godly. If you stand you will die pretty darn fast and even faster to a good WW barb, good sin or even a good bowazon with the new ladder runewords. DR is very important in melee duels or against windy's and even if using a spirit shield or SS you better get your butt moving and teleing or you will just die a whole lot to a good PVP'r.

Minion stacking, casting and recasting and fast teleport are the key to a godly windy PVP. IMO also life is more important then block and PDR is better against melee then no PDR regardless of life.

Tele fast, recast fast, tele in, spam nado's, tele out fast. Recast minions and CE and rinse and repeat.