Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What do u mean by Pit Runs please???????

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by charmer, Apr 4, 2004.

1. charmer

charmer IncGamers Member

What do u mean by Pit Runs please???????

Which Pit are u talking about in pit runs???

sorry if it sounds stupid but i am a long time Solo player,i have only just found ATma and this Forum.

Thanks

Adz

2. red_devil

red_devil IncGamers Member

no problem m8.. i was in your posn couple of weeks ago..

it refers to the pit in the act I tamoe highlands.. in hell mode it has an area level 85 which means bosses in that level can drop the rarest and most sought after items in the game.. so people run the pit level over and over again to get some of those uber items.. :buddies:

3. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

No problem man, the Pit we are talking about is "The Pit" in act 1 tamahoe highlands. In hell difficulty the pit is able to drop almost every unique and set item in the game ;) Actually I didnt know what the pit was for a while, I thought they meant meph or diablo, and the new thing to call it was "the pit" hope this clears it up!

4. Ensis

Ensis IncGamers Member

The Pit is the underground cave that you can access through the Tamoe Highlands in Act 1... the Tamoe Highlands is the last area before the Monastery. The Pit has 2 levels and is many times filled with uniques and minions... but regardless, in Hell difficulty, all enemies are level 85+ meaning they can drop any item in the game... something you can't even claim of Mephisto. That, compounded on the fact that the place has many enemies and is fairly quick to clear out (it's easier because it has Act 1 enemies) means it is a prime place to do MF runs (magic find runs).

EDIT: wow, those two both chimed in before me...

5. charmer

charmer IncGamers Member

thanks a lot guys, at first i was gonna check out the pit in the flayer jungle!!

6. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

One quick note though, is it is only usefull in hell..normal and nightmare pit runs are not going to be be of any benefit for the improved item finds.

7. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Only in hell because on normal and nm the area lvl isn't high enougth to drop anything of great interest.

8. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

What IS the alvl in NM anyway? What's possible to drop in Pits NM?

9. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

According to the sheet I've got, the Pit is alvl 39/40 (level 1/2) in NM. It makes a big jump in Hell.

EDIT: FTR, I have no idea what the drops would be, but 39-40 matches the levels of the side adventures in A5 and the first two levels of WSK in Normal. Normal WSK3 and Throne are listed as 42-43. Drops should be similar.

10. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

hehe. I didn't realze there was any strategy to Diablo untill I found these forums. Now I know how to plan a char instead of "ooohhh this skill sounds interesting" only to find out a couldnt get past act 1 hell. I also 'just' found out about MF'ing after the 1.10 patch came out.
    Before these forums I didn't think +% to MF actually matered at all. :lol:
    Welcome to the SPF

11. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

Uber items like the Ale Flask of Replenishment or the extremely rare Buggers-Over-Flowing Cask of Islay Single Malt.
    Wait a mn ahh you mean The PIT! Ahh I was thinking Pub again. :buddies:

12. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

Alright, I have to ask. Where can I find a list of ilvls of items, and alvls of areas thru the 3 difficulties?

I'm in the beginning stages of my grail (like, 15-20 items found so far), but I would like to stock up on the lower level ones if I could.

Nar

13. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Ok, the list of area levels you can find here

ilvl isn't important when grailing, it just indicates the mlvl of the guy who dropped the item. For example if you find Cap in norm act 1, its ilvl will something like 10 depending on who dropped it. If hell Baal drops Cap, then its ilvl will be 99. Im sure you got the idea :)

Also use the dropcalc included in latest version of ATMA, it can help you quite a bit. For example I did some runs on norm to get some TC3 stuff. I didn't know Bishiboshi (sp?) can't drop them all so I started running more rewarding targets

14. farting bob

farting bob Banned

remember when there used to be 20 of these threads a day when it was discovered? it was worse in the community forums, as its populated by a large number of n00bs who play bnet and often rush straight past it.