Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What Do I Want to Socket a Fleshripper With?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by vurty, Mar 23, 2004.

1. vurty

vurty IncGamers Member

What Do I Want to Socket a Fleshripper With?

With a Freezealot emphasizing on crushing blow, what should I socket the Fleshripper with? I'm basically between an Eth and Shael. While I'd love to put a Ber or something in there, I'm playing ladder and am not the richest player.

Any suggestions?

2. Any1

Any1 Banned

Well, it depends on your other gear. Here is the speed table for a Barbed Club, using Zeal and an aura other than Fanat:

IAS------Frames per attack
    0 %------------7
    20 %-----------6
    63 %-----------5
    200 %----------4

The 4-frame speed is obviously out of the question. Do you have enough IAS to reach the 5-frame attack breakpoint (i.e. 65% IAS)? Speed is probably more important than anything else, especially if you want to accentuate CB in your build. There are other ways besides "Eth" to increase your "chance to hit" (i.e. Angelic amulet and ring(s), Steel GCs, Enchant charges/casts, etc.).

My vote would probably be for a Shael.

3. vurty

vurty IncGamers Member

Err, I think you're thinking of the Fleshrender as opposed to the Fleshripper. The latter is a fanged knife. Where could I find one of these tables for that?

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

The thing to keep in mind is that pallies can only zeal at a MAXIMUM of 5 fps with a dagger regardless of how much IAS you put on.

5. vurty

vurty IncGamers Member

How much IAS would I need to get to 5 fps though?

6. Any1

Any1 Banned

Oops, my bad.

There is a German site that has a pretty reliable calculator. I'll PM you the site, since I'm not supposed to post it.

Meanwhile here is the speed table for a Fanged Knife using Zeal and another aura other than Fanat:

IAS---------Frames per attack
    0 %----------------6
    26 %---------------5
    102 %--------------4

I've also heard that thrusting weapons (i.e. daggers) have a slower lower speed threshold. So, you can probably ignore the last line of the table. However, you can test it out to see if a 4-frame speed is possible (i.e. put the knife on a Fanat/Zeal Paladin and see if there is a difference in attack speed).

7. vurty

vurty IncGamers Member

Hmmm...

I'm going to be using Dracul's, HoZ, Guardian Angel, Guillaume's Face, Gore Riders, Raven, Carrion Wind, Highlord's Wrath, and that Fleshripper.

The only thing I'm going to be getting IAS from is the Highlord's, at 20%. I'd still be missing 6% to reach 5 fps. So, in your opinions, should I Shael the Fleshripper or Eth it to get -75% Target Defense? Probably Shael, right? Or I could find some jewel with 6% IAS and some other stats?

8. Any1

Any1 Banned

You only need another 10% IAS. So a Jewel of Fervor (15% IAS) is definitely a possibility. A nice ED% prefix (30+ %) on that jewel would be perfect. Of course the jewel can go in a less rare item like your helm, if it's not perfect. You would still hit the 5-frame BP and have time to look for a more suitable socket for the Fleshripper.

Ideally I would put a Ber or Lo in the weapon itself, but I know those are hard to come by. You may not even need more DS looking at your setup. Try doing some MF runs get some "tradeable" items and see if you can trade for one of those runes.

Good Luck.