Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What do I do with my perfect gems?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by chachilongbow, Jun 27, 2009.

1. chachilongbow

chachilongbow Diabloii.Net Member

What do I do with my perfect gems?

This may be an obvious question, but I'm returning to the game after many years off, and I can tell that perfect gems are worth more than they used to be. I'm fairly certain it has something to do with cube recipes, but I don't know specifically. I searched the forums as best I could, but couldn't find anyone else as clueless as myself. :confused:

I'm basically wondering if I should try to use the gems myself (assuming that's possible) or try to trade them for useful stuff (I have almost 60 perfect gems, 6 of which are skulls).

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: What do I do with my perfect gems?

If you are new, it's a better idea to trade them off. Thousands of people already have dozens of mules with found items and look for gems for rerolling GCs (preferably those dropped by hell Baal, Nihlathak or Diablo, see the statistics forum for an explanation), so you shouldn't bother with things which others already did ad nauseam, like MF.

3. KTang

KTang <font color="#93ad4f">Official Diablo 3 Item Value

Skulls bear the same value. When you get some wealth you should consider crafting. Avoid trading Pames/Prubies when someone asks for pgems, some people value these higher and some people will trade off for only these types of gems. The reason why is because they are used for crafting.

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/crafteditems.shtml

KT

4. Buligo

Buligo Diabloii.Net Member

With 480 Pgems I bought my Infinity mercenary poleaxe :)

5. chachilongbow

480? That seems a little ridiculous to me.

6. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

Well you could use it for cubing. Look at that cubing thread of the guy in the Comm Forum. He eventually made some profit out of it, but it's gambling pur sang: you can also cube a Baal GC 160 times and still have crap.

7. chachilongbow

Statistics! So basically it's better to dump them, especially if you have an account full of them. Will look into.

8. Buligo

Buligo Diabloii.Net Member

Why ridiculous? On Europe non-ladder one HR like JAH or BER goes for 35-40 perfect gems.
    I did read that awesome thread about re-rolling Baal grand charms. I am simply at the other end of the whole business: I am one of those many invisible gem-farmers. I farm gems for hours, when I have 40 I trade them for a rune and buy me what I need to make my toon even more powerful and to farm gems even faster :)
    It is an extremely boring business, but I use it as anti-stress therapy (my workplace is a proverbial dead-end job), so it's okay by me :)
    -480 for eth Infinity: terrific boost in damage dealt for my MeteOrb farming sorceress
    -200 for my 5-6-x CTA ( me and my merc never die [PVM])
    -about 80 for a lousy Spirit low-str off-hand shield (for the +2 skills to use with CTA for BO-ing)
    -120 for my Bul-Kathos 4% LL ring (logging in and finding your shiny SOJ vanished sucks): +40/60 (with BO) life and +1 to skils is great even for my 7500 def 75% block 1800 life max res all and 400MF sorceress,
    etc.
    I work hard, I enjoy the benefits of that hard work, and have fun in the process. My buddies go nutts while trying to play with me for obvious reasons (deadly boredom due to endless repetitions hehe)
    I am considered a good and fast rusher, so my services are always in demand among my buddies. Reward? A bunch Pgems here and there and you know where are they all ending up? In the hands of Baal GC-rollers :)
    Yeah, I still enjoy D2.

9. JamJammer

JamJammer Diabloii.Net Member

I just loved this story!

Anyway, chachilongbow, if you still don't have ultimate gear for your chars, I suggest using pgems to buy it. I started playing keeping all the gems I found, and when I started trading I had stored like 40 or 60 of them, so when I discovered people needed them, I started getting stuff I needed.

For example, I got many set items, like Tal Rasha, M'avina, Inmortal King or Trangoul that I needed to complete that sets with a handful of pgems. And since these aren't that expensive, just a few pgems will buy each piece (no need for 40, which usually make up to a high rune).

Now I got nice gear, I can farm other less accessible goods instead of pgems (keys, essences, regular Meph MFing) to get even nicer gear!

But DO NOT dump them! They have value! If you're tired of keeping them, try selling 40 for a high rune (Vex+), which is valuable and will save space. I wouldn't recommend cubing as this is an expensive bussiness which consumes tons of gems (I leave that for players who already are rich).

Oh, and by the way, I don't think that pskulls are valued higher than other gems, but perfect amethysts and rubies can be traded for 2 regular pgems each.

Hope this helped a little, regards!
    JamJammer

10. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

Just curious, why did you necro a year-old thread?

11. JamJammer

JamJammer Diabloii.Net Member

Sincerely? ...because I read the date and for some seconds believed we were on 2009.

Didn't realize until I read your message...

12. BlueSpectra

BlueSpectra Diabloii.Net Member

I'll do you one better and revive an 8 year old post. ;-)

I'm back to playing again. Are pgems worth anything on bnet in 2018?