Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What do I do with a Kira's guardian?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Andrew, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

What do I do with a Kira's guardian?

Kira's Guardian
    Tiara
    Defense: 95
    Durability: 12 of 25
    Required Level: 77
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0xd30242fa
    +51 Defense
    All Resistances +64
    20% Faster Hit Recovery
    Cannot Be Frozen

Hmmm... What do i do with it? :scratch:

My only characters under construction now dont seem to be able to fit it in:
    Strafer/LF zon
    -Built for possible MF runs so will probably wear stealskull
    -All zons would wear a ravenfrost for the dex, ar and CBF, so the CBF on the tiara is wasted
    -LF = Needs plus skills

Concentrate Barb
    -Needs lots of defence, not enough on the helm
    -needs melee stuff like mana leach, ED, life, strength, which are all not on the helm, except resistance (a lot though)

Fishymancer
    -Does not need CBF
    -Does not need resistance :scratch:

Hmmm... really, what am i gonna do with it... (no... not giving no no!! hahahahhahahahahahhahaha). Best choice seems to be my concentrate barb... coupled with a upgraded GA for super resist, super life, super defence... hmmm....

Can't seem to fit it on any of my pat's/mats either... This seems to be an item you need to build a character AROUND it... lol. Any suggestions of a build? :spy:

2. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

I think... it really, really sucks. :p

Any other headgear would do better. :D

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

the fishy. sure he doesnt need the CBf, and he doesnt need the very high res, but unless you have a uber helm now (delirium, shko if MF'ing etc) its a very good helm.

4. Moog_playa

Moog_playa IncGamers Member

I think your only choice is simple...marry it...cuddle it, love it, etc. Kira's Guardianâ„¢ will provide years of loving serenity and serene love. Just place your Kira's Guardianâ„¢ in a warm, sunny place, where you can admire its serenity, and you'll enjoy a happier life, Guaranteed!

(happiness not a guarantee...loving serenity and serene love are just examples of possible nonexistant feelings when using your Kira's Guardianâ„¢...taxes and applicable liscences are not included in the MSRP...Kira's, Inc. makes no claims about the efficacy of Kira's Guardianâ„¢ in providing real loving serenity)

5. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

My sniperzon loves it. I found one with perfect res and socketed it with Um. She gets all her resistances from Kira and charms (well gloves and ammy give lit res). With it I am able to wear ed armor to boost max strafe damage about 800 points which is quite useful imo

6. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Assassin's always need resistances, but losing +skills is generally not worth it because we have so many 1-point wonders, BoS, Fade, CoS, MB and so on. If I had 2 SoJ's maybe it'd be worth the switch, but AR is helpful for MA sins. If I ever use mine it will be on an assassin.

7. Any1

Any1 Banned

I mostly play paladins, and have at least two of these on mules. The high resists, and CBF sound sexy at first, but I can't think of a single Paladin build I would make around this item.

No LL
    No ML
    No +str
    No +Dex
    No +skills
    No FCR
    No Defense Rating (less than a 100)
    No PDR%
    No ED%
    No useful charges (i.e. teleport)

Paladins aren't usually desparate for resists anyways. CBF from a Raven Frost or a Rhyme Shield fit in much better with most builds.

8. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

:lol: That's Funny!

9. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

I've always thought it kinda sucked as a helm. Sure, the mods look great, but when you try to put it on a build, you realize that there are a couple of better helms you could use. CBF comes from Raven Frost or Trang's belt, both of which have excellent mods for their location. Resists can come from a lot better places, mainly shields, charms, armor, and jewels. The mods on it are better obtained from other equipment, thats what makes this helm suck IMO.

I should say that it sucks only if you have a large variety of good gear to use. If your equipment selection is limited, then it obviously can be very good - depending on your selection range.

10. agrégatif

agrégatif IncGamers Member

I personnally use it with my zealot. It allows me to have good resists while wearing skullder, wt and a nagelring. Of course if you already have uber gear you don't need kira's guardian but right now, I'm quite happy with it.
    I also have used it on a merc essentially for the CBF cos he didn't need that much resists.

11. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

I find this the best use for it, puts all your mercs resists to max, gives him CBF and allows a lot of flexibility armour wise.

12. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well my sniperzon would not trade her away thats for sure

with it sockeded with a um i get 80% res from it alone

and togheter with CoH and the anya res awards i have full res in hell without any other res gear.

its also nice on a merc as mercs really benifit from the CBF and the res.

just my thoughts

i know one of my mercs will use my spare one

13. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Usefull for a merc with GA...it'll give him/her 90% all resists, CBF and 20% FHR, good mods for a merc.

The possible 70% resist all is huge, for characters using 2-handed weapons and thus have no resists from shield it a very nice item. Also it frees up the ring slot...not all character need the dex, AR and mana. It's a pretty nice assassin headgear, for example. Perfect Kira's with +/- Fade 15 gives 130% resist all, when entering hell that's (including Anya's) 50% resist all...and only headgear slot is fixed by it. There's more combinations where it's a very good option.

14. SideShowBob

SideShowBob IncGamers Member

I concur - about the only use I would have for it would be on an
    Act III merc (which I haven't used in about 1.5 years :lol: ).

15. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

If you play an assassin right, you don't really need good resists. A paladin shouldn't need resists on a helm, they can get huge amounts from shields. When was the last time your mercenary died from elemental attacks (never have, for me)? With 75% resist in cold, he rarely gets frozen (he also has half freeze duration on his armor).

16. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Well I know my merc doesn't normally die to elemental because he has good resists but try running him around in hell with low resists it's a different story. Also if you're doing baal runs the Hydra's maul mine if he doesn't have great resists and do I have to tell you what Achmel's poisons like? I think the biggest plus for mercs is the CBF since it almost means certain death (or at the least significant potion feeding) if you come across a cold enchant boss that hits hard (such as extra fast, extra strong, might, fanatacism, amp dam cursed) and youre merc doesn't have CBF. I found half freeze not very helpful since the merc would keep getting hit and refrozen before he could unfreeze.

17. Chaldan

Chaldan IncGamers Member

I can think of two of my current builds on which I might consider using Kira's Guardian, namely my Thorns Paladin and my Melee Necromancer. Both will have problems with elemental attacks, so those massive resists will come in handy. The FHR and CBF are essential to any close combat build (do convert/thorns qualify as melee?). The only problem will be getting those characters to lvl 77...

18. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

All of you people complaining about the crappy mods on KG can feel free to mail them all to me. :D