Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What do i do about a close friend who has a ***** girlfriend? der=

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lazer LXXVII, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Lazer LXXVII

Lazer LXXVII IncGamers Member

What do i do about a close friend who has a ***** girlfriend?

This has been bugging me for a long time now, my really good friend who is 16 now (he lives really close to me, thats how i know him) has had his current girlfriend for well over a year. Problem is that i, along with everyone else hate his girlfriend. I mean my friend is a bit shy, but he can definately land a better girl than her, both physically and personality-wise. :undecided:

I mean she ruins not only his social life, but his friendships and potential as a young high school student. To start things off, she is extremely religious and on top of that, one of the meanest people i know (awesome combination). Well whenever i hang out with both of them at the same time (which i honestly try to avoid now), she is always talking trash about somebody or making fun of somebody. Now its to the point where besides me and her, he doesnt have that many friends because she needs more attention than a newborn child. Its getting to the point where i used to see him every few days, now im lucky if i see him once every two weeks. I call him up sometimes, he either cant pick up because he is busy, his girl picks up and acts like a moron, or he just texts me later saying he was hanging out with her. So whenever i want to see him now, i have to settle to be around her. Usually that ends badly, for example i went to my old high school for a big rivalry game where they face our rivals that we have never played before, we kind of hung out and for whatever reason she just acts all upset, and they end up leaving early.

Now this really irritates me, im a good guy and i really dont **** with people who i care about, and he is a good friend of mine so i dont want to talk trash about his girl, but he really needs to find someone else. I mean its great that he found someone that can be with him for well over a year, but her personality is terrible, the worst moodswings i have ever seen in a girl, shes extremely unattractive, and on top of that its not like he is getting anything out of the relationship (because of her extreme religiousness). Im tired of her, and she is definately the reason my friendship with him is falling apart, on top of his other friendships he once had. She always starts drama, when she wants attention she acts as if something HORRIBLE has happened, and that makes my friend (who has a good heart) tend to her to try to cheer her up.

I dont know what to do in this situation, i have given him really obvious gestures that i cant stand her so im sure he has the idea of what i think. He doesnt have that many friends left, i was one of the only ones who bothered hanging around considering that i never get to see him. This is a bit of a rant, but what the hell do i do about this nasty *****?

2. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

Have you really sat down and talked to your friend about her?

Maybe you could ask him what, specifically, he sees in her.

3. Lazer LXXVII

Nah i havent, i dont have the heart to call my friend's girlfriend a ***** to his face. If i didnt respect the person i dont care, but i dont want to insult someone he cares about.

4. SaroDarksbane

You don't have to insult her in front of him. Just ask him what he thinks about her. Do it tactfully. =)

5. Lazer LXXVII

I'll try if i ever get the chance, and by that i mean i never really see him or get to talk to him. He doesnt pick up 3/5 times, 1/5 of those times its his girl. He doesnt get on AIM anymore, i dont like stopping by his house because his parents kind of piss me off, even though they are friendly.

6. Stoutwood

Stoutwood IncGamers Member

I regret to inform you that there isn't anything you can do about it.

7. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Stout's very correct here. I was in a position similar to the one you've described myself... though I was the friend who had a ***** girlfriend. My friends all had the balls to tell me I needed to smarten up, and I didn't listen to any of them.

Eventually, she and I got married. Stupid, STUPID mistake... but I was shy, meek, and easily convinced to do things by her, because I was emotionally weak. That marriage has since ended, because she physically beat the living hell out of me (I won't go into the emotional things, suffice it to say there were plenty of signs), and then charged me with assault, claiming I started it. Never mind the fact that the only marks she had were red marks around her wrists where I tried to stop her from scratching/hitting/whatever me... and I was covered in open wounds from her teeth and nails. I was the one that got charged. Unfortunately, I have a penis, and thus I am responsible for all violence that goes on in the home.

... I'm sorry, I got off on a tangent there. I try to put things behind me, I guess I'm still a little bitter. At any rate - take the above advice. Pull him aside, ask him what he sees in her, and make DAMNED sure he gives you a straight answer, not "She just makes me feel good", or something to that effect. Get a why, not just a what. Tell him flat out what you think of her, tell him why, and point out how many friends he's lost over her - and that if he doesn't smarten up, he's going to lose you as well. Yeah, it'll probably hurt his feelings and/or start a fight, but he NEEDS to hear it before he gets any more involved. It may already be too late. But as his friend, you need to tell him the score.

8. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

You could try telling him, beyond that nothing really.

9. Lazer LXXVII

Its kind of hard because this ***** will cost me a friend in the long run, and i can see it already.

10. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

go rent Saving Silverman. Take notes.

11. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

You can tell him, but that's it. He will probably get really angry and never want to talk to you, until she dumps him and then he'll call you up and tell you that you were right.

I think it is some kind of cosmic rule that everyone must experience the *****y GF of a friend. Really there is nothing you can do.

EDIT: Stomp wins the thread.

12. Stompwampa

Well thank you. But serioulsy, rent Saving Silverman. It'll tell you everything you need to know.
    Just make sure you have the following available:
    A Chicken Suit
    A Tranquilizer Gun
    A hot replacement g/f who is going to become a nun if you don't act fast.

13. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

eh, keep your thoughts to yourself

14. Lazer LXXVII

I want to tell him, but im already in college and transferring away soon, possibly. He has 2 years to get to college, and if he gets pissed until they break up, i might not ever talk to him again.

But i remember Saving Silverman. "OOH SANDY! Remember me, 9th grade, science lab, i was lighting farts with the bunsen burner and i sinched my ballsack. Or remember when i spraypainted a tuxedo on my naked body to the school dance, and i spilled the punch, and everyone could see my dong?"

"Nooo, not really"

15. Stompwampa

bros before ho's. If you lose a bro becuase of a girl, he shouldn't have been your friend in the first place.

16. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Then tell him now. Seriously. From the perspective of someone who's been in your friend's position... If you're his friend, say something.

17. Stoutwood

Stoutwood IncGamers Member

People tend to side with the person they're getting action from.

18. SaroDarksbane

Apparently he's not getting any action, though.

19. Stompwampa

Well, whens she starts using sex to manipulate him, he'll come around...

20. Lazer LXXVII

VERY true, and thats a very valid point.

And also, what you said about taking the side that gives you the action would be true, if she wasnt so stuck up on her religion.