What do 3/20/20's give u?

morotsjos

Banned
Sh4dovv said:
wow rly?

on west 290 = 3/20/20 = hi rune

makes it easy when everything is equal value :)
In Europe 32020s have skyrocketed in value. Half a year ago they were like 2-3 for a hr, now they're worth 4+ hrs. Our 32020s never poof btw ^^

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
morotsjos said:
Thats because they're morons. As luis said poison is utterly worthless.
Good duelers will simply negate it, bad duelers will cry and nk. It's a lose/lose situation.
If you cant afford 3/xx/15+ scs I recommend plain 20 life scs or even better; ar/life scs. Since grief is availabe you will still do good damage.
Yeah thats what I am going to do. A barbs greatest strength is to "Tank" and 20 scs or small lifers with resist/ar will do for now

I was in a Barb duel game in ladder and one guy was like asking "why does grief do more damage than BOTD" It shouldn't? I was actually suprised they were doing some testing but it was just funny me trying to explain the +damage mod to them. I think I gave them too much information and probably confused them even more. :)

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
actaully if you made a barb with 39x 100psn/20 life scs, you could prolly rape most builds easier than with a 32020 build.
only prob is the AR and you'll 99% of the tiem be bm'ed.
i dunno how much something like death's gloves would negate it though, i always heard psn scs dmg are calcualted differently or some crap. if they arent, then its prolly a bad idea. but then again who carries deaths gloves around?

i prefer phsyical dmg with OW.

also a HR isnt worth much NL. most things arent worth much. expensive things are stuff like: 35+ lifers for main builds except light (39's duped), 08 valks, trap claws 2x 15ias/15resist all, godly circlets or 2OS circlets, druid helms, etc.

morotsjos

Banned
HandofElysium said:
I think I gave them too much information and probably confused them even more. :)
Lol.

luis19 said:
actaully if you made a barb with 39x 100psn/20 life scs, you could prolly rape most builds easier than with a 32020 build.
only prob is the AR and you'll 99% of the tiem be bm'ed.
i dunno how much something like death's gloves would negate it though, i always heard psn scs dmg are calcualted differently or some crap. if they arent, then its prolly a bad idea. but then again who carries deaths gloves around?

i prefer phsyical dmg with OW.
Assume your opponent has 75% psn res. Then those 39x 100 psn dmg scs translates into 162.5 dmg over 5 seconds (thats the duration of 100 psn dmg scs right?), which with the penalty in hell becomes 325 dmg over 10 seconds.
If your opponent gets annoyed (and is somewhat competent) he will probably prebuf antidotes, hence make the damage even more pathetic.

Physical damage is always preferable, unlike poison it gets boosted by ed from gear/skills, as well as deadly strike and critical strike from mastery. Hence even 3 max scs means more damage in the end than a crappy psn-sc.

Also, with grief you get venom, which is better than any psn-charms ever can be. It also makes them completely unusable (since the duration->dmg is decreased drastically), so they aren't worth even thinking of (not that they were in the first place =)

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
morotsjos said:
Lol.

Assume your opponent has 75% psn res. Then those 39x 100 psn dmg scs translates into 162.5 dmg over 5 seconds (thats the duration of 100 psn dmg scs right?), which with the penalty in hell becomes 325 dmg over 10 seconds.
If your opponent gets annoyed (and is somewhat competent) he will probably prebuf antidotes, hence make the damage even more pathetic.

Physical damage is always preferable, unlike poison it gets boosted by ed from gear/skills, as well as deadly strike and critical strike from mastery. Hence even 3 max scs means more damage in the end than a crappy psn-sc.

Also, with grief you get venom, which is better than any psn-charms ever can be. It also makes them completely unusable (since the duration->dmg is decreased drastically), so they aren't worth even thinking of (not that they were in the first place =)
well i dunno thats what i thought, but then why do many leagues ban mass psn thats not from a skill.

Neurofuzzy

Diabloii.Net Member
morotsjos said:
Lol.

How does antidote prebuf work? I allways tought antidotes had effect only after being poisoned. Does it have a preventive effect too? How long does it remain?

distancepieman

Diabloii.Net Member
Neurofuzzy said:
How does antidote prebuf work? I allways tought antidotes had effect only after being poisoned. Does it have a preventive effect too? How long does it remain?
It gives you added poison resists (75 if i'm remembering correctly) but I can't tell you the length it lasts. It's the same as the thawing potion for cold damage. This was a new feature in v 1.10 I believe.

~Bails

morotsjos

Banned
luis19 said:
well i dunno thats what i thought, but then why do many leagues ban mass psn thats not from a skill.
I dont know, honestly. Because most are morons? =)
Either that or too lazy to care about psn-res. Since antidotes aren't allowed psn can be annoying for many chars with crappy res.

Antidotes/thawing pots gives 50 psn/cold res as well as 10 max psn/cold res for 30 seconds. Thing is, the duration stack. If you drink 10 antidotes you get 50 psn res and 10 max psn res for 300 seconds. On most chars this means 85% psn res, which almost negates any poisondamage (from charms at least).
Also, prebuffing antidotes/thawing pots is COMPLETELY undetectable, there is no way for anyone to tell if you've done it.