Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what determins the lvl req when upgrading items?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by volrath aka A_A_F, Mar 20, 2005.

1. volrath aka A_A_F

volrath aka A_A_F IncGamers Member

what determins the lvl req when upgrading items?

trying to get boots for my lvl 25 kicker and i just traded for lvl 18 boots and upgraded them 1nce to find them at lvl 30 >< grrrr lol

was wondering is there any way to tell what the lvl req will be after u upgrade them? thx

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

3. volrath aka A_A_F

thx however that confused me lol need it for lvl req witch i dont see what i have to do to find that out

boots are
    ilvl 99
    strom greeves
    battle boots
    lvl 30
    10% r/w
    10%fhr
    25%light res
    38%fire res
    29%poison res
    54% gold find

was there a way to find out that the lvl req was going to be 30 before i waisted my time getting these? (that calculater just confused me 2 much to figure it out lol)

they were lvl 18 before i upgraded them

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

In general, normal items have no level requirements, exeptionals have lvl 25 and elites start at 42 or so, and varies up to 66 or so.

Rares and magical items have this "base" requirement, and if they have any affixes with a higher requirement, the req is set to that.

Crafts are the same way, but crafts with 4 random affixes (ilvl 71 items and higher) get a +22 to that, sometimes making life leech rings clvl 96 to use.

Sets and uniques have their own level requirements, which do not change.

Now the upgrading comes in. Upgrading from normal to exeptional will give a +5 on the required (base) level (which 25 if the old level was 24 or less).

If the item is upgraded from exeptional to elite, the same rule applies, but now the base requirement is not always 25, it is something between 42 and 66 based on the item type. The upgrade will also give +7 on the required level instead of +5.

Items upgraded twice get +5 +7 on their requirement.

But of course, you _could_ use the calculator :D:D:D:D

5. volrath aka A_A_F

ahh the +5 and +7 was what i needed to know thx both of u =) still have no clue how that thing works but its ok looks like i wont be upgrading any greaves to war boots for my sin gamble/imbueing it is going to have to do it lol