Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What damage should I be doing when enter hell? (and need some advice)

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by NSXdreamer, Mar 1, 2004.

1. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

What damage should I be doing when enter hell? (and need some advice)

My strafe/freezing arrow zon just entered hell at level 71, doing about 300 to 1100 strafe (maxed) damage with upgraded lycander. Problem is I can't scratch crap with it especially in player 8 games. I just don't know what I need to do as its my first zon.

Stats as follow (with equiptment)
    Str 136
    dex 269
    vit 100
    energy 35

equiptment as follow:
    valkyrie wing
    lycander's aim (upgraded)
    Cat's eye
    CoH Archon plate
    razortail
    rare glove with ias/resist/mana leech
    nat's boot
    rare ring with leech/resist
    ravenfrost
    weapon switch has buriza for freezing arrow

resist:

charm are some cold damage, fast run, and arrow skill

Any advice on how to proceed?

2. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

try a windforce or witchwild string upgraded, and a might merc.

3. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

nsx first most enter hell at minimum 75 so your a bit low still for hell.

if you can afford it trade for kiras guardian with it sockeded with a um rune

and CoH +the res scroll awards all my res are at 75% in hell.

also you could swith the helm to something better valk wing is more a LF zon helm then anything else.

you could also switch boots to gore raider to hell speed up the killing and the gloves to LoH as you face many demons.

and there is no need for playing hell on /players 8 if your solo. atleast not when your that low level.

i can do it at level 87 but it slows down a lot.

4. NSXdreamer

I'm trying to level up in nightmare right now, hopefuly can get to 80 soon. I have kira's guardian and vampire gaze in my stash right now, but I do like the mods on valk wing, fast run, skill, fast hit recovery. Same goes for the boots, I want have more fast run/walk as this build does ends up run away a lot especially against tough extra fast things. :(

5. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

You are low level for Hell and frankly everyone has problems killing fast in 8 player Hell games anyway, since monsters have 450% of their normal hitpoints and regenerate like mad. Low level means that you'll have problems hitting for two reasons, firstly because level is factored into the chance to hit directly and secondly because your dexterity is lower than it will be later. Also your strafe is a 10 / 3 if I've added up your IAS correctly and that is not particualrly impressive as I'm sure you'll agree ;)

From your latest post I think you already know the answer to most of these problems and that is to level up some more. That will let you and your merc hit more often and do more damage = faster killing. Also playing single player is a better test of your true killing speed (otherwise you might rely on others too much) so try that and when you can do that at a satisfactory rate join multi-player games.

Good luck, and enjoy playing with that nice equipment :thumbsup:

6. NSXdreamer

Hehe I know my attack speed is not good, but that's the best I can do with what I have. Bow is not shaeled, I had to put a nef in there to keep things away. So that's 20% on bow, 20% on glove, 20% on amulet, now that you've mentioned it, I do need more, but don't know where. Maybe I did get spoiled by my last fury wolf's killing speed, can do player 8 up till act 3 hell. :scratch: