Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What (current) version are you playing?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by maxicek, Mar 8, 2018.

?

What is you current patch?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2018.
  1. 1.13d

45.7%
  2. 1.14d

54.3%
  1. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I don’t really like the fact we are split across two versions, SPF unity would be preferable. I’m not including time travelling here.

I would like to know who is playing what patch as their “current version.”

And for 1.13d hold outs (of which I am one!) why have you not upgraded yet?

T72on1, Excalibur and DiabloTwoinDC like this.
  2. Pb_pal

Pb_pal Diabloii.Net Member

Holdout here.

I haven't upgraded because:
    a) I don't trade or MP, and with no content changes I have no real reason to.
    b) 1.14 made time-travel impossible at first. I have a vague feeling this has been worked around by now, but at the time it was just another reason not to do it.
    c) me lazy. no clicky the bnet button.

3. Caralis

Caralis Diabloii.Net Member

My client failed patching to 1.14d so im still on 1.14b. I will upgrade when i fix and format my pc.

4. Uthanak

Uthanak Diabloii.Net Member

Exactly what I thought, upgrading causes some problem. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

5. zoo

zoo Diabloii.Net Member

I'm running 1.14b. Mostly because it is the version the battle.net installer comes with. Never tried updating. What am I missing out on? Also, I don't interact with anyone ingame what so ever, so I guess this post was pretty useless.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  6. Gynli

Gynli Diabloii.Net Member

1.14d because it was the most up to date patch when i came back.

All the addons that worked for 1.13d seem to work without problems on 1.14d for me - gomule runcounter exp calc etc. So there was no reason to downgrade back to 1.13d.

I did however have to change the registry key to switch the save folder, cause i like to keep the save files and the game files together.

That being said, i like the idea of keeping the current version as one and i have no preference of one version over the other; so if i were asked to upgrade or downgrade, id be more than happy to do so. =)

7. Friiser

Friiser Diabloii.Net Member

I updated to 1.14D not realizing the implications. I believe that time traveling is now an option for me (a thank you to @fearedbliss and all other contributors that worked to provide the option), but the time invested to go back and build up wealth in previous patches isn't worth the gain at this point in my playing career. I'm just working my skellimancer to 99, doing the grails (regular and RW).

8. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC Diabloii.Net Member

I'm still on 1.13 mostly for trading. It would be great to get everyone on same patch though. Also, from what I have heard, that ::cough:: ::cough:: program is not compatible with 1.14. So, this would help put everyone's mind at ease for MP/trading.

Edit: @maxicek how about a second poll question, "are you willing to upgrade for MP/trading?"

Excalibur and drmalawi like this.
  9. Albatross

Albatross Diabloii.Net Member

1.14d. Just a habit to update stuff to the most recent version, wasn't planning on trading at the time so it wasn't an issue.

10. Xul's Gull

Xul's Gull Diabloii.Net Member

1.14d. Only use Atma for transferring items now and then, doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

11. Excalibur

Excalibur Diabloii.Net Member

Same as D2DC said above, I am on 1.13d mostly for trading and perhaps for safety reasons? You can always upgrade but once you do you can no longer downgrade. Other than that, I think we should all eventually use the same patch.

12. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

1.13d because 1.14+ changes were changes I don't want. I'm fine with glide wrapper and the old save paths. At the time, it would also have broken time travel, which I definitely did NOT want.

13. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

1.14d because I also play a group game on Bnet. Otherwise ... I'd probably have upgraded as well, but not sure.

14. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz Diabloii.Net Member

I still prefer 1.13 for DDraw and the old log/save paths. The save path can be reverted back by changing the registry, but it's added hassle to time travelers. DDraw was rarely used by most people, but still: If it ain't broke, why break it?

15. Jocular

Jocular Diabloii.Net Member

Can someone fill me in briefly on the differences? I've been gone for a while. Also, I haven't updated because it fails. Haven't tried to figure out a work around.

16. TheNix

TheNix Diabloii.Net Member

If not for @fearedbliss I'd probably still be playing 1.13d, but his version switcher has given me the freedom to play 1.14d and not have my saves dicked around with. Once I've completed my 1.14 sept, I'll probably go back and finish up 1.13 BoTD sept and perhaps my grail.

17. Maltatai

Maltatai Diabloii.Net Member

1.13, because I have had no reason to upgrade. 1.14 does not, as far as I know, add anything that I miss in the game. And there's the ever so small (D2 is a solid game since long) chance that an upgrade would mess with something in my installation.

18. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman Diabloii.Net Member

This was me. I am still keeping up some Bnet characters and didn't realize I'd lose my multi-instance until it was too late. Thanks from me too, @fearedbliss

19. Burgomaster3

Burgomaster3 Diabloii.Net Member

I was long in the 1.13d camp, but quite recently I updated to 1.14d. Reason was new computer. I have my cd's in some unknown location, and no computer with working disc drive, so it wasn't really an option to install from the original discs. I had bought a backup copies of D2 and LoD from Blizzards site earlier anyway, so it was just easier to install the latest version.

Probably the only reason holding me back was the unsupported time travel in 1.14, but since the BVS got updated to support the latest version, everything is pretty much the same as it was with 1.13d.

Also, good thing this was brought up, since I've forgotten to update my trade profile. Will do that asap.

20. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC Diabloii.Net Member

@Burgomaster3 - So, did you have to "upgrade" stashes? I'm sure the 1.13 characters you can just open in 1.14, but are you then able to transfer 1.13 stash items to them? Otherwise, that would take forever to move all stash items onto characters, then open in 1.14, then transfer back to stash.. :eek: