Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What could you do with Heaven's Breathren set?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by CreatureOne, Jan 29, 2004.

1. CreatureOne

CreatureOne IncGamers Member

What could you do with Heaven's Breathren set?

I have the full heaven's breathren set, but it really doesn't look like it would be practical for any character class...am i wrong?

2. BoneSaw

BoneSaw IncGamers Member

Unfortunately all the sets are pretty pathetic when it comes to set bonuses. Why would you want to use a set when you can put together uniques that are twice as good? Tal and IK set are the only good sets in my opinion( and maybe trang).

3. CreatureOne

CreatureOne IncGamers Member

i think orphan's call is fantastic for a starting barb without uber uniques

and hwanin is decent for a druid looking for speed.

i think trang is perfect for a summoner and possibley a poisonnova'er, but really does suck for bonenecros

isn't m'avina(sp?) decent for amazons? i see them wearing it every once in awhile.

oh yeah..sigon is decent too, but for some reason i'm starting to feel guilty when i use it now, seems cheap.

4. .sin

.sin IncGamers Member

I've fooled around with that set a few times just because the sweet/ugly look of it.
    Tried it on a Paladin and a few Barbs as well. Iwas hoping for the Frostnovas
    to spam hystericaly on an Frenzy-Barb, and they sure did. But still Major suckage in damage output.
    So no, I have never found any use for.
    You can always make sweet Iron Golems of it. :wink2:

rgds
    .sin

5. puckalicious

puckalicious IncGamers Member

I think Disciple set is a good one for melee chars if you can't afford good unique armor/boots/gloves/belt. It gives good defense and resists for poor characters.
    The one thing that really brings it down is the high level req to complete it.

Sigons is probably the best designed set overall, from a char level standpoint you get alot out of it.

6. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

I think Aldurs got a healthy boost in patch now, but I'm still not sure what kind of Druid would use it.

I wondered about who would use Brethren also.

Orphans call is a nice set for a middle Pally too, and the helm (Guillaumes Face) is good enough to be a unique IMO. Whitstans Guard has the highest blocking in the game (think thats still true) but don't know how its blocking compares to 1.10 items.

7. retrovamp

retrovamp IncGamers Member

I always found death set to be a useful set especially when on a budget. Even if you don't complete set and use just belt and gloves, the 30ias, no freeze, and life leech is very nice. And plus you can use it at low lvl. the only downside i see is that the sash belt has only 8 slots for potions and stuff.

8. Nemertes

Nemertes IncGamers Member

I haven't tried it but Nat's set seems like it may be good for a melee assassin.

9. mindcandy

mindcandy IncGamers Member

yeah too bad the kind of assassin that would best benefit from nats set is useless in 1.10

10. BartXeno

BartXeno IncGamers Member

There's some nice mods in set as a whole, but it's still not good enough to justify the insane level requirement. At level 81, the shield is the highest level required set item in the game!

11. venumb

venumb IncGamers Member

Once again Irathas set is forgotten. It better then sigons, and you can even throw on sigs shield and boots for thier skill+leech bonus.

12. kreestopearq

kreestopearq IncGamers Member

What's wrong with using Sigon's?

13. Pisken

Pisken IncGamers Member

i always has used Sigons when making a new barb/pally ... just pump that str up and you will be ready to go all the way up to mid NM from lvl 10something....and only change weapon rings/ammy sometimes :)

14. WindGuard

WindGuard IncGamers Member

why is it useless exactly... could you explain further... i dont understand .... thanx

15. zel_grayw

zel_grayw Banned

I find iratha set very good. In fact, I give it to my each new char as soon as he/she reaches level 15. With sigon socketed with a p. diam u have almost 85resall... Thats something for a start, isn't it? Besides, iratha doesn't take up the most important inventory slots, the weapon and armor that is :}

16. Taft12

Taft12 IncGamers Member

Heh I agree with Sigon 'feeling' cheap. I love getting new godly items in trade for high level chars, but giving full Sigon to a level 15 char just feels like a lame uber-twink.

I am going to disagree with the majority about Iratha, only because high resistance isn't that necessary in Normal and by the time you get to NM there are better options available (I take it all back if we're talking about low level duelling though!)

EDIT: The 0% MF from Iratha is a real turn-off too.

17. venumb

venumb IncGamers Member

I have to clarify my opinion on Irathas. I sometimes forget that most people in this forum don't play harcore :(

Irathas is THE best set for starting charecters in hc. Combined with sig's shield, boots, angelics rings, amulet, and the best armor (twitch, blink, angelic, darkglow, ect) to fit your build. You are near invincible in normal mode with this set-up.

In 1.10, you should be going to NM at lvl 45-55. At that lvl most exceptional gear becomes available, so of course you should be switching your gear out. And i'd also like to point out that Irathas set is the only normal set that has a use in hell. Which would you be wearing in hell if you were forced to make a choice? Irathas finery, or sigon steel?

As for mfing, that shouldn't be done on your new characters. If you had to, I guess you could throw on angelics armor and have more mf then any other normal set would give.

18. zel_grayw

zel_grayw Banned

Hehe... Now that I think of it, I really do play only hardcore all the time :)
    Iratha and sigon shield up to early nightmare, sometimes longer. Then there are better things, both for resistances and for +skills.

As for the level.. I usually go to level 40 on normal Baal, then go through nightmare in a team game or take a rush and at that point Baal gives major exp.

19. BartXeno

BartXeno IncGamers Member

Well, since we're off the original poster's topic of a specific set, I'll offer up the set gear I often kick-start my characters with:

Sigon's - helm, boots, and shield
    Death's - gloves, sash, and sword
    Angelic - armor, amulet, and ring (X2)

This setup gives:

+2 all skills
    22 life leach
    30% increased attack speed
    can't be frozen
    a good bit of damage +cold damage (I forget the figures)
    max blocking
    over 100 to life (forget figure)
    +10 dexterity
    replenish life +12 (with next mod makes you basically poison immune)
    75% poison length reduction
    150% better magic find
    max all resists except lightning (40 - add charms for more if wanted)
    20% faster run/walk
    great defense
    and more I can't recall

I equip each piece as character is able using charms to get away with it ASAP. I also have a Hel rune in Death's Touch sword to help me equip it sooner. Until I can use the sword I use Khalim's Will with some elemental damage charms to increase my minimum damage. I switch from a plain Sigon's shield to one with a perfect diamond in it when I get to lvl 18.

This makes for a great start for any character class and allows a character to stay safe and kill quickly while being able to easily conserve skill points for later use. With some hit recovery charms, I end up using this gear to do normal Baal runs till I can use better stuff.

20. zel_grayw

zel_grayw Banned

I really have to try all those items together :) The only thing that bothers me are the str/dex requirements for some items. Although they can be used, say, at level 2, the 50 or so str makes it impossible :) Nevermind that really, I'm not complaining.