Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what combo could do this?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Feb 21, 2004.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

what combo could do this?

Today I dicided to play a little D2. since I made guardian necromancer, I dicided to quit regular play, only few runs at most. Anyway, my necromancer was lvl83, but very close to 84, so I did a few pit run, hope to turn 84 and get something nice. At pit lvl2, I cleaned half the lvl, only 2 packs to kill. One pack is shaman, one is melee rouge. The shaman was ok, but the rouge boss had some deadly combo to players only.

my fishymance has max fire, lit and cold resist, before I could see the boss stat, I noticed my necro red ball dropped from full to half for "no reason", I hit full rej, it turned out to be a life saving, right next I hit posion (and full health), the red ball dropped again to almost zero, while my skelly were fighting on other screen away, I hit full rej and run back to pit lvl1. At that point, I wanted to know what hit me, so I gambled a possible reckless HC death, went down to lvl2 again, this time, before I get close enough, my skelly and one CE already cleaned the rouge boss pack.

Now my question, what combo could the boss have to deal such damage (I never saw anything hit me)?

What I know: the boss is cursed (amp dmg), fanaticism aura. Could high lvl holy fire + something else do it? I highly doubt it, but I'm not sure. If it was fire dmg, it must be at least 3k. I only lost one skelly, and my might merc, clay golem were almost untouched.

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

it could have been a combo of FE/cursed and fanatism.

also you could have hit the bug where the monsters use the explosion damage from thir explosion as melee or in this case ranged attack

3. DeathMaster

I'm pretty sure it wasn't ranged attack, the whole pack was melee rouge, so their boss couldn't be different, or could she (looks like female)? But I never saw the boss. If she is FE, doesn't she only blow up when she die?

4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I guess someone just was standing near you and hit you. When I play my necro, there is so much action on the screen that sometimes I just don't realise a monster is standing next to me

5. Kamelbarn

Kamelbarn IncGamers Member

I think this was The Pit's way of saying "Get out of here, I'm out of items!".

6. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

you use CE right that could have covered the FE explosion anyway its just thoughts for my side. also if they where fant they should move faster then normaly.

and it can be difficult to see monsters as a summoner...

7. DeathMaster

So true, those few runs, resulted NOTHING.

@Lrpman, on my screen there was no one alive but my necro, I could see my army out of screen (on mini map), and hear the fighting sound, I could see the curse (amp dmg) sign on my head, but couldn't see what was the pack at first. 2nd time, I got a little closer, and saw it was melee pack (and the aura), Amp dmg + 1 or 2 CE, it was over. That's why I didn't have chance to see the boss mod. what's odd, the 2nd time (before use CE), I didn't recieve any dmg at all.

Anyway, I hope I never see the attack every again.