Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What clvl did you beat the game??

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Burn To Burn, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Burn To Burn

Burn To Burn IncGamers Member

What clvl did you beat the game??

My barb is lvl 27, so i figure I'll beat the game around lvl 30. I was just wondering what everyone else's clvl was when they beat the game for the first time. Did you take your time, or just rush through the game so that you could say you beat it?

2. lesly

lesly IncGamers Member

Re: What clvl did you beat the game??

ok first of all,you just cant complete diablo :)
    you have normal,nm and hell difi :)

everyone on dia is doing nothing else than baalruns(including me)over and over,doing mf runs,key runs,uber runes...etc etc etc

you just cant complete it :)

and you thought you where ready at lvl 27^^?hihi the best still has to come man.

gl on your quests! :)

lesly

btw,most of us just rush and start playing at lvl75 :)

but you will do that also later on^^

3. Burn To Burn

I just dont understand why people want to rush through the game like that. Whats the point of playing. Thats like going out and buying the most expensive music equipment you can buy, but not take the time to learn how to play the instrument. lol, I don't know. Just my opinion

4. lesly

lesly IncGamers Member

cause its hard work to achive it otehrwise,we know how it works,so we want to playa s fast as possible on a good lvl also :)

5. shanelee

shanelee IncGamers Member

Or maybe they have beaten the game 100 times already themselves and are only interested in mf/pvp now.

6. Burn To Burn

Everyones missing the point....I wanted to know about the first time they beat the game....not the 100th

7. MrOzio

MrOzio Banned

First time I went thru act 1-5 normal I had a level 25 Barb. (this was WAY before the expack)

8. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Then you're a liar.

No act 5 before the Xpac, thanks for playing

9. Bliphgar

Bliphgar IncGamers Member

Or, y'know, it slipped his mind.

Expansion has been out for a while now.

10. Burn To Burn

Update!! I finally beat the game (non-expansion by the way). Clvl 29. I guess now I'll see what the cow level is all about

11. dabeas

dabeas IncGamers Member

so true, i used to be anti-rush, anti-baal runs, anti-uber leveling, but now i do it all. after 6yrs of playing this game on and off again ive beat the game w/ so many toons, the only fun i have is mfing (well, this isnt really fun, but a necessity), ubers, and pvp.

but, back to the original question. i have no freaking clue, is have been way too long, but the first time i beat hell mode i was ~83. now though, i can beat it at 61 :).

12. uptoolayte

uptoolayte IncGamers Member

I beat the game back in 1999, August I think. I used a frozen orb sorc, back when you could cast them in rapid succession. I must have been lvl 25-28 in normal difficulty.

13. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

say i killed Ball hell for quest at lvl 89, on my hammerdin , now he is lvl 98, technically you can say you completed the game after you hit lvl 99 , there is no higher than that.

14. MrOzio

MrOzio Banned

I'm so sorry for a minor typo that made me into a liar. Just didnt catch it.

Act 1 - FOUR, level 25 barb.

Better?

15. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Several times I had problems with better than the minimum system requirements and the game crashing on normal Diablo, so I had to wait until I set myself up with a great rig. By that time expansion had arrived, so the first player I completed hell Baal with is my only remaining CLvl99 on non-ladder, a Frenzy itemhunter who's completely broken, right now. I don't remember what level he was, though, but I remember my quickest build: Berserk/Stun with a lightning Rogue who took on hell ancients solo and trashed them on his way to facing Baal at the earliest you can while actually being in the Worldstone chamber - CLvl63. I leveled on him, though I could've avoided it, but three skills on a Rogue was abusive, back then.

16. Jaquiezz

Jaquiezz IncGamers Member

I beat the game in the mid to high 60's with a twinked hammerdin. I have never completed the game with an untwinked character. I imagine its sort of a buzz kill. You're like, I spent all this time, died so much to beat the game untwinked... now what? Twink?

The most fun of this game for me is restarting over and over and seeing how fast I get rich or how long before I get some godly finds (Pink -15req/15res all jewels on east NL? All me, I found the first).

17. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

I Think my first character was the demo character save i transferred to d2 folder when it came out. Beated diablo at 31-35 (Sooo long ago..)

18. TheJel

TheJel Banned

First time I beat the game was in v.1.00 with an amazon.

I rushed her through because the game told me to hurry up all the time (quickly stop diablo before he gets to baal, quickly stop diablo and baal before they get to mephisto).

Oh well, I was in act 3 hell and was only level 29 and had some serious trouble against flayers.

At that time I used the cold arrow skills and the lightning tree skills, most of all I wanted to get lightning fury.

Anyway I leveled her a bit (first time I did not rush), got the level 30 freezing arrow skill and from then on I completed the game.

She mainly ended up as a guided arrow/cold arrow amazon, the lightning skills were not worth anything, lightning fury did some damage, but the mana cost was too high and it was much weaker than in the later versions. (Back then it spawned lightnings and not lightning bolts).

I did also, after I completed the game, decide to invest the last skills in charged strike, which really sucks in v.1.00

So basicly it was via freezing arrow and guided arrow that I completed the game (no merc in act 4), good thing the monsters were so much weaker, and I got a nice imbue.

She ended up being about level 32-33 I believe when she had finished the game, normal, nightmare, and hell in v. 1.00.

The funny thing is, that if you rush too quickly through the game, you risk getting very minor experience and therefore will be at a very low level late in the game, however as v.1.00 is much easier, so it is not that bad, also her bow was pretty nice, at least 150% ED, IIRC, in an exceptionel bow, which did make a big difference.

It was on softcore and she had numerous fail moments against Duriel and Diablo, whereas Mephisto was easy through the moat trick and Andariel was someone you could run and shoot against much easier than Diablo and especially Duriel.

Also, orb sorcs in v.1.00 is really not very good, unless you're good at aiming the orb, because if the big orb (the one that shoots the spikes) hits any monster, it will from there on deal no damage no matter how many monsters gets hit, so for AoE damage it is really bad.