Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What Class?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Eldan, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Eldan

Eldan IncGamers Member

What Class?

some friends talked me into starting D2 so now i just need to decide on a class. I generally like the "stealth" classes, but i'd never be a trapsin... just dont like the idea. Are other assassins good too? otherwise could someone suggest a class? My standards are this: damage dealer, not a tank (unless these tanks are really good dd's too... i like evasion/stealth more), not heavily dependant on mp (i dont want to have to carry around potions or rest or w/e), easy to play(this is my first char afterall). I dont know if this is enough info or not.. feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks in advanced

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Pretty much any type of sorceress would fit your criteria
    -damage dealer<---yes
    -not a tank<---yes
    -not dependant on mana<---well, their spells depend on mana to cast, but the cost is easily, easily totally negated by the use of the cheap runeword, Insight
    -easy to play<---yes point click and everything dies :thumbsup:

3. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

zons are kinda similar, they can deal some good dmg
    they have a valkarie to tank for them
    dont use loads of mana
    most chars are easy to play, all are point, click, kill

4. Noctes

Noctes IncGamers Member

untwinked, sorc are hard to play !
    i began to play again a month ago, my meteorb is l84 but finding equipment is really hard (i meet 2 rich players who helped me though during my trip), and even now it's still hard. And it really is not point click & die (unless you have all those +skills i don't have).

although i found the unique pavise with 74% block recently, had no good shield before, blocking is really a lifesavior, i feel like my sorc can tank a little more instead of instantly dying to archer

5. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Well it'll be easy to get some good gears if you have friends who've played before. Especialyl if they're the ones who insisted you play D2, they probably wanna make this game a lot more fun for you.

Make a cool sorceress like Evrae Altana said. There are some nice character guides in the sorceress forum. I would suggest either a Meteorb or a Blizz Sorceress.

6. MedctnStn

MedctnStn IncGamers Member

by the way, welcome to the forums. lots of great help here if you ever need it, but watch out for the shin kickers

7. Eldan

Eldan IncGamers Member

Thank you all very much. I wouldnt have even looked into a sorceress before, now i think ill probably play one (with an sin char too, to see if i can play it well). Im loving this forum already.

8. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Good, you should stay and be friendly with people. Lots of great help here and people love to help whatever problems or questions you have.

Welcome BTW :thumbsup: :wave:

9. nicro tower

nicro tower Diablo: IncGamers Member

fishymancer is a great build untwinked... btw there summoner necros so u need a corpse first... the guide is in the necro forums somewhere. and welcome 2 the forums