Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What class should I start now?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by skoolbus, Apr 4, 2005.

1. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

What class should I start now?

I have only gotten my Cleglawdin to act 3 and already I'm looking to start another challenge. This time I want to make a character who can only use runewords and I want some input from you guys before I start. Keep in mind that I have to be able to make it up to, and kill, the countess several times.

First, should I be allowed to use ammys, rings, gloves, belt, boots? I cant put any runewords in these but beating the game with no belt will be a pain.

Second, which class should I do? It doesnt seem like it would be terribly hard with a sorc or necro so I don't want to do those. Other than that, I dont really care which class.

Third, should I do HC? I dont really play HC besides tournaments, and this seems like I can probably die alot because I dont think I will have good resists, but I think I could take my time and be extra careful.

Fourth, should I force my merc to just use runewords too?

Let me hear your opinions!

2. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

For starters I say use all the slots but only crafted items in the ones that can not have runewords. That way you are still using runes to make the items.

A frenzy barb would be fun, and you get twice as many runeworded weapons rather than the limited shield options. If you don't play HC much then I'd say get used to the style on some traditional builds first.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

This sounds crazy...

1. Tenakas idea of using crafted items sounds cool and still in theme..You'll probably need the items too. In other words...yes

2. I think a melee class would benefit the most from runewords...there are quite a lot of decent melee runewords (Honor, Black), and Ancient's Pledge is an excellent shield. Which class....paladin or barbarian. Assasins should use claws and amazons bows:) Runeword weapons aren't really suited for Druids, unless you have acces to the really choice ones...BOTD for example:)

3. Probably not, but I'm not exactly pro-hardcore so...

4. Why not...it's a theme build after all so go for it...again Honor is a sweet weapon, especially if it's ethereal. Lionheart, and Lore + ethereal Honor wouldn't be a bad combo at all.

4. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Sounds like a fun idea!

If you're really into challenges (and have lots of free time) then go ahead and do it in HC.

The only (potential) difficulty I see with using all crafted items is that you'll have to get to at least the later acts of normal with no equipment except for Helm/Armor/Weapon because you wont have any perfect gems. This is by no means impossible, but could be pretty dang difficult.

I'd say go with a melee build, though in HC this could be very difficult. How crazy are you? :lol:

5. skoolbus

I've started a SC pally and I'm glad I have because I'm almost certain I will die. I've got to lvl 6 and in the cold plains. I've punched chars pretty far before, but this is hard without armor and sacrifice doing a whoping 1 damage to me all the time :p

I havent made up my mind about the crafting stuff yet, but I have quite a ways to go before I need to

6. corax

corax IncGamers Member

do the crafting stuff. crafting is t3h schnizzle and without doing hundreds of crafts it's not like you'll run across anything uber.

7. skoolbus

good thing he is SC, I was surrounded by about 50 carvers and ran out of pots. Level 17 now and I have some items I can use, but none for the merc. I dont think I will kill andy today because I'm really bored from running countess, and I havent got a stupid nef yet!

Stealth
    Ring Mail
    'TalEth'
    Defense: 47
    Durability: 24 of 26
    Required Strength: 36
    Required Level: 17
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 12
    Fingerprint: 0xc69a826e
    +6 to Dexterity
    +15 to Maximum Stamina