What class are u NOT playing?

Ashley Riot

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: What class are u NOT playing?

ALL OF THEM!!!!!11 I wont even play d3! its too cartoony and wow-ified and consolefriendlybecauseblizzirvinesucksmajorballsandnorth1!11!!!blizznorthistheonetrueblizzomgtheresunicornseverywherethecolorsthecoloooooorrrrss..

Um. Sorry about that. Must've been possesed by the spirit of a certain forum member. Sorry.

Barb. Not gonna play him first, coz thats reserved for the Wiz. But, just like everybody here, i will def try out each char.

fnwc

Diabloii.Net Member

I am almost guaranteed to play a Wizard first.

My later classes I'm guessing will be predicated on what equipment I find in with my first character that I can hand down.

valeo

Diabloii.Net Member

WD and Demon Hunter are not appealing at all to me. Not really a good sign when 40% of the characters don't seem that interesting . I kind of wish the Demon Hunter had a shape-shifter aspect - really thought they were going to mix the Druid/Amazon.

Will probably play Monk first then Wizard.

Luutarhuri

Diabloii.Net Member

Wizard will be the least played class for me. Barb first and then probably witch doctor/demon hunter. I prefer brute strength over "weakling" casters.

popenfresh

Diabloii.Net Member

The monk is so mega-epic-awesome that I simply don't care about ANY of the other classes!

BloodyPred

Diabloii.Net Member

WD and Demon Hunter are not appealing at all to me. Not really a good sign when 40% of the characters don't seem that interesting . I kind of wish the Demon Hunter had a shape-shifter aspect - really thought they were going to mix the Druid/Amazon.

Will probably play Monk first then Wizard.

EXACTLY the same.. WD and Demon Hunter = meh:yuck:
I too was hoping for some form of shape-shifter.

Though I don't agree with 40% of the characters not being interesting. I think the WD is amazing in concept and design, being very different but filling the summoner archetype quite nicely. The Demon Hunter's concept is awesome, I'm just not a fan of ranged characters.

I'll probably play the Monk first, he looks really interesting and has a cool skill system that isn't too cliche. The idea of a really well done D2 assassin really excites me.
The fact that I can play a male Wizard has pushed this class way up my list to 2nd.

Sulle

Diabloii.Net Member

I won´t be playing the monk, but the rest of the classes look very cool.

ThomasJ

Diabloii.Net Member

Probably try each class but the Witch Doctor goes first!

bolle

Diabloii.Net Member

If D3 is out before I get tired of waiting I will of course play them all. Monk will the last one I try out though.

Apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member

I am almost guaranteed to play a Wizard first.

My later classes I'm guessing will be predicated on what equipment I find in with my first character that I can hand down.
i like this answer a lot actually lol

kemo

Diabloii.Net Member

Gonna play them all. Starting with the monk. Then when I'm getting my *** kicked in the Arena I will whine and the create whatever character just kicked my ***, whining about imbalance issues etc. When that characted gets his *** kicked, repeat.

tvc

Diabloii.Net Member

Gonna play them all. Starting with the monk. Then when I'm getting my *** kicked in the Arena I will whine and the create whatever character just kicked my ***, whining about imbalance issues etc. When that characted gets his *** kicked, repeat.
And when you created them all and get sick of still getting you *** kicked you go for kemotherapy? :D

Famlith

Diabloii.Net Member

My order is easily (at the moment)
1. Wiz
2. WD
3. Monk
4. DH
5. Barb

I almost always play a caster and the idea of killing demons by punching them in the face is much more interesting than "hulk smash". As for the DH... I know next to nothing about it so is hard to make a judgement.

snurrfint

Diabloii.Net Member

They don't have the same "pop" a lot of other's do. Spectral Blade, Magic Missile, all the lightning skills (anyone else think lightning looked and sounded far deadlier in D1/D2??) ,
I agree about the lightning, charged bolt and elecrocute looks kind of weak.

But then I saw this rune effect:

at 00:58 in this video -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APCFWvFk3LI

and that looks alot more powerful to me. Wonder if its a runed charged bolt or a runed electrocute though?!?..

OT: I gotta go with fnwc's answer here, first Wizard, and then the character I found best items for.

konfeta

Diabloii.Net Member

Personally, I think that lightning effects look weak because they went with the boring *** blue lightning crap. I would really prefer them to aesthetically match what we actually see in nature.

Preferably with actual thunderclap sound effects instead of ANGRY MICROWAVE BUZZING.

Aesthetically, having actual white lightning was one of my favorite aspects of Diablo 1 and 2, along with armored look for every character.

yovargas

Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, blue looks way lamer than white, IMO. But also the sound is just a little buzzy crackle instead of the huge rush D1/D2 had. I pretty much think all the D2 equivalent of the Wiz's skills looked better in D2. :(

JaMonk

Diabloii.Net Member

Visually, the Monk is BY FAR my least favorite but since the I LOVED the Sin's combo skills, I'm holding out hope that he's more fun to play than to watch. Bell = WTF??
Yeah, I like the Monk and all, but what is up with that bell? It's getting a rune ASAP!:thumbup:

Silly Assassins.... the bell WAS a rune in Wave of Light. It makes it do physical melee damage at range. Fits in perfectly with Monk character. I guarantee you it was either Obsidian or Alabaster.

Anyway... playing the elimination game... I'm NOT starting out with the barbie. Never liked barbies in d2, and now he's like an old man.

After that, it's a really hard decision. Always wanted the Monk... but the Witch Doctor was my first love before they announced monk... and the Wiz has so many nuclear abilities...

Wizard and Monk will obviously be the PvP kings, but the Doc seems most fun to play through the game.

But yea Barbie last. Maybe never.

Edit: Forgot to acknowledge ze demon hunter. Sick class design, epic end game armor concept art, I will give it a reasonable chance only because my bowzon was SO beast

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

Strange because we are given no indication it is, though there seems to be quite a bit of "we know it's possibly unconfirmed stuff conveniently left out that doesn't point to rune, so therefore must be runes".