Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What character type should I start?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Crimson_Gamer, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Crimson_Gamer

Crimson_Gamer IncGamers Member

What character type should I start?

I want one that is not too expensive, fun, doesn't completely suck, and very uncommonly used, any ideas?

2. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Just stay outta hell

I think you would really have to go out of your way to suck if you just stay out of hell. Most builds are viable for normal and nightmare.

I personally like the pure hydra build a lot, so fun to watch them working hard spitting away.

3. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Make a LS (Lightning Strike)/Jab Spearzon (no Jav), 1.10 came out with some decent unique spears, and this kind of Zon does well in Hell Pit runs (not much LI). I had one (just quit D2 past week), use LS, let it bounce around and kill monsters, Jab while Lightning still bouncing around, then LS again when Lightning had stopped, takes down monsters quick.

Another option is a Staff Sorceress. Stormtree had dropped a +4 Skills Ondal's wisdom Staff few weeks ago, had me thinking Staff Sorc before I quit. Use a high def armor like Que-Hegans Wisdom and a Defiance merc and try to trade for an Ondals or the +5 Skills staff (forget the name). Ondals adds defense which would be magnified by Defiance merc. Pick and choose an unusual build (perhaps Hydra suggested earlier) but always use the Staff. I think this would be very viable and be a nice change from the usual Orb/Shield Sorc. Trust me, Staff Sorc will be fine in Hell diff if you beef up def and are carefull.

4. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Oh, also a double throw/ double swing Barb might be a change of pace (they are synergistic with each other also), throw or swing as the need arises. I would go Axe Mastery (also uncommon) so maybe you can swing with your high lvl throw weapons (Lacerator, Gimmershred come to mind) that are axes or switch of course. You could probably have enough points to be a Singing Barb in addition to a thrower/swinger.