What character is best for lopsided battles?

XLNC

Diabloii.Net Member
if there is no max resist/absorb allowed a 200fcr fb'er should do very well in this type of duel
 

Darknicrofia

Diabloii.Net Member
Dirty Scorpion said:
i would add bow ama and smiter

bow amazons have no chance vs windies or barbs or hammerdins or ghost sins or even pure chargers....they just have too much weakness, however, those that switch to shield when they're running stand more of a chance in battles, but over all, a zon has too little life and when caught by an atk with a bow on, virtually no chance of survival, and as for a smiter, a pure smiter in comparsion, is far from being as good as a smite/foh hybrid, but a v/t is VERY VERY hard to get good at, aside from costly gear, controlling and navigating the character is about 3/4 of the battle. i.e. when to charge, when to have holy freeze aura on, when to walk.....you have to be in constant control of 5 or more hotkeys. However, some ppl, like mak0 on east nl is very good at this and can own most of everyone with his vt, but its hard to get to that lvl of mastery over your character, so in reply, i would say a bvc barb is still better than most other classes in lopsided battles, and bow amazons and pure smiters are more used in specific battles like bow vs bow or smite vs zeal. they are good classes but far from being worthwhile in dueling against a whole room of aa using pubbies. ran on sentenaces everywhere......
 

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
v/ts are also horrible when dueling multiple ppl at a time.

amas beat most hammerdins, whether they desync or not. only time its guarenteed win for hammer is if they bm with hf merc or doom or something.

mak0 talks too much. hes good but not good enough.
 

Darknicrofia

Diabloii.Net Member
luis19 said:
v/ts are also horrible when dueling multiple ppl at a time.

amas beat most hammerdins, whether they desync or not. only time its guarenteed win for hammer is if they bm with hf merc or doom or something.

mak0 talks too much. hes good but not good enough.

eh, good enough to beat me most of the time, claims to be #1 vt on east....and got banned from BA's channel several times for talking trash....kind of funny though, anyways, whats ur account luis? i need some 2nd opinion about my dueling stras and gear & setups on my bvc barb. and for some reason, I cant find anyone that knows u by the name of luis on east

and as for vs vt, blobs guide is helpful but even when i use doom in place of beast, the better ones (mak0) still charge around too damn much, and i end up telein on top of them instead of by the side, as for rings, how much light resist do i need on them to negate a v/t's foh, mak0 claims to do 4k foh and 3.5k or more smite, tgods work kind of good in nm but in hell foh will start doing some damage to me, any advice?
 

soc

Banned
The bowazon matchup with hammerdins is much easier if you get 50% dr along with 75% block.

Most are stand still and shoot arrows, so I tele beyond where there standing, stopping VERY briefly close by them (to scare them and make them start running), once their running it's easy since desynch tele hammer kills them. If they still stand shoot then I turn to charge and charge towards them, desynch tele hammer, and pray my 75% block/4 frame fhr/2 frame fbr/50% dr/4k life will outlast their 50% dodge/1k life.
 

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
eh.. you dont need a merc to kill bowzons with a hammerdin. slap on doom. charge smite em.

v.ts shouldnt have TOO high defense so triangle whirls should kill em pretty quick. if they charge around too much then run back behind a corner where he cant target you with foh. you can also desync whirl (long whirls ) to get back at him. sorta hard to do but you get the hang of it after a while. also.. on west there are duped rings with 65ish light resist. im sure theres rings like that on east. if not.. switch a couple 3/20/20s for 20/5s.
 

Phyrexial

Diabloii.Net Member
Darknicrofia said:
and as for vs vt, blobs guide is helpful but even when i use doom in place of beast, the better ones (mak0) still charge around too damn much, and i end up telein on top of them instead of by the side, as for rings, how much light resist do i need on them to negate a v/t's foh, mak0 claims to do 4k foh and 3.5k or more smite, tgods work kind of good in nm but in hell foh will start doing some damage to me, any advice?
Let's see, first you need to bring down the foh damage to force him into being a weaker smiter. Conviction tops out at -150% res, and the rest depends on his gear. Dueling in hell has another -100% res to deal with, so in total you would need a minimum of 325 res to have 75 res in hell after conviction. A bit more would be wise since he will most likely have facets and a Griffon's Eye. So assuming a perfect Grif with a perfect facet, that is another -25% which brings our total needed res to 350%. If he has a 4k FoH and you have 75% res, that is:

4,000/6 = 667 * 0.25 = 167 damage. This should be a drop in the bucket considering a BvC barb probably has upwards of 6k life, so at least 35 FoH's to kill with that alone.

Assuming best gear -
CoA: 30%
Natural res: Around 50%
Boots: Around 40-50%
Rings: Around 80% combined I believe, I'm not too up to date on the commonly used dupes these days. We can guess conservatively at 60% I guess.
Ammy: Highlord's has 35%
Anni: 20%

So that is 245% roughly so far. 105% left to go. You could get that last bit from charms or possibly using an Ort'ed Kira's. Even if you don't make 75% exactly, the damage will be manageable. I'm sure someone here that actually uses a BvC barb can give a better way to reach that amount of res. Once you get ontop of the v/t though he shouldn't be able to get off an FoH due to WW attacking so quickly. With 8% dr from Enigma and a dual Ber'ed CoA you should have plenty of DR and with a Doom weapon Smite should be coming out pretty slowly.
 

Subliminal_Influence_911

Diabloii.Net Member
I play a windy on US East NL, named Narcissus if you have seen him around. He has 5300 life(vita/dmge build) and does 6150-6457 dmge while hitting the 99% fcr bp.

Pro's of wind druids:
Cyclone armor(this renders foh and orb useless if you recast)
High life
Max DR

Cons:
Low fhr
You MUST be close to deal dmge

However, fbers, light sorcs, ww barbs, and ww sins are extremely hard if they are well equipped and know what they are doing. The biggest con is that you have absolutely no ranged attack, so you are forced to get close to builds that were made to own u. Total sorb of multiple elements is impossible, so I would say that a wind druid is more for gm duels. I think you should consider a blizz sorc. High dmge + ridiculously hard to sorb. If you don't have the currency for max/ar/lifer scs on a baba, I don't think it's worth it.
 

soc

Banned
Subliminal_Influence_911 said:
If you don't have the currency for max/ar/lifer scs on a baba, I don't think it's worth it.
My friend owns pubbies and he uses 10x Mastery GC.
 

Dirty Scorpion

Diabloii.Net Member
Subliminal_Influence_911 said:
I play a windy on US East NL, named Narcissus if you have seen him around. He has 5300 life(vita/dmge build) and does 6150-6457 dmge while hitting the 99% fcr bp.

Pro's of wind druids:
Cyclone armor(this renders foh and orb useless if you recast)
High life
Max DR

Cons:
Low fhr
You MUST be close to deal dmge

However, fbers, light sorcs, ww barbs, and ww sins are extremely hard if they are well equipped and know what they are doing. The biggest con is that you have absolutely no ranged attack, so you are forced to get close to builds that were made to own u. Total sorb of multiple elements is impossible, so I would say that a wind druid is more for gm duels. I think you should consider a blizz sorc. High dmge + ridiculously hard to sorb. If you don't have the currency for max/ar/lifer scs on a baba, I don't think it's worth it.
what gear u use?
and ww baba aint that hard for a wind dru,u must have to avoid hes ww and predict the time when he will tele on u.so before he teles near u make some tornados and tele away ;) .the others u named are hard for ele dru :D
 

morotsjos

Banned
Dirty Scorpion said:
what gear u use?
and ww baba aint that hard for a wind dru,u must have to avoid hes ww and predict the time when he will tele on u.so before he teles near u make some tornados and tele away ;) .the others u named are hard for ele dru :D
Wwbarb is IMPOSSIBLE for wind druid. Period.
Duel a good one and you'll see the light...
 
morotsjos said:
News flash:
Hammerdin>>>>>>>>sorcs
Bone-necs ~= wwbarbs. Wwbarbs do NOT have ANY MAJOR weakness.

Then again, you're the guy who haven't lost to defensive sorcs/necs/druids/wwbarbs with your NON-MANAPOTTING nec so I guess you know better...

What I have spotted about you, morotsjos, is that you are barb fan, you always (no matter what the question is) say that barb has no weaknesses or that WW is the best skill in the game, I mean no offense, but I just noticed that a lot of times.
 

Phyrexial

Diabloii.Net Member
Paulsummoner said:
What I have spotted about you, morotsjos, is that you are barb fan, you always (no matter what the question is) say that barb has no weaknesses or that WW is the best skill in the game, I mean no offense, but I just noticed that a lot of times.
That's because a well played barb doesn't have any builds that completely nullify it like a Windy vs a Trapper. It can be beaten, it just cannot be completely hosed by a build alone. Also, WW is the strongest melee skill in the game hands down if used correctly. Granted Moro is abit more zealous about it, but he is not lying to you.
 
Top