Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What character is best for lopsided battles?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Mana, May 29, 2005.

1. Mana

Mana IncGamers Member

What character is best for lopsided battles?

Just out of curiousity which character would be best for lopsided battles? As in that one character vs many different characters of similar or higher level or lower level?

What I'm basically asking is what one character is capable of fighting several casters and a few good melees alone?

Or atleast has somewhat of a chance of winning?

What equipment/skill distribution would it use?

Mana

2. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Poison/Summon hybrid necro.

Wide ranging attack, hitting multiple opponents, ability to tank a lot of pvpers.

My opinion.

But then again, i LOVE summon/hybrid necros.

edit: Skills + Stats:

20 Poison Nova
    20 Poison Dagger
    20 Poison Explosion
    1 LR
    1 Pre-reqs
    20 Summon Skele
    1-20 into Summon mastery
    1 into BA

Gear:
    Hoto
    Homonc
    Mara's
    2 x Soj / BK
    Arach
    Trang gloves
    Enigma
    Shako (5/5 poison facet)
    Marrows
    CTA on switch

Arb

3. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

wind druid!

4. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Wind Druid
    BvC barb
    Bone Necro (with 1 point wonders in summons)
    Hammerdin (for VERY good players)

5. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

the only builds to really be able to take on multiple opponents easily (and not be sorbed and hard to bm) would be a ww barb and a hammerdin.

other builds have too many major weaknesses i.e. windys vs assassins, bone necros vs es sorc, etc.; or some builds can be sorbed.

6. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

news flash, even your precious WW barb and Hammerdin have major weaknesses Vs. the right chars..

Bone Necros > ww barb
    Sorcs > hammerdin

7. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

Nothing > Poison/Summon Hybrid.

pwnt!

Arb

8. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

News flash:
    Hammerdin>>>>>>>>sorcs
    Bone-necs ~= wwbarbs. Wwbarbs do NOT have ANY MAJOR weakness.

Then again, you're the guy who haven't lost to defensive sorcs/necs/druids/wwbarbs with your NON-MANAPOTTING nec so I guess you know better...

9. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

i agree that necros are the hardest duel for a barb, cept possibly another barb, but considering that i only lose to a handful of necros on the entire realm and that i suck bad vs necs compared to say mcm, chris, and blobys, that kinda says puts that nec>barb theory to rest.

seriously, i suck vs necs with a barb, but i still beat a large majority of them. hell i lose to koda who apparently gets beat bad by mcm.

for the hammerdin thing its more like:
    hamma /w sorb >sorc, any good sorc can own a hammer who doesnt sorb (and im not talking excessive sorb, just like 1 piece or tgods or something). but thats the reason why hammers can keep up with barbs as far as beating many at once, they can sorb vs all, and still deal at least 10k magic dmg, and on top of that they can desync and have good life.

o yeah, psn necs arent gonna kill much, maybe if you went all out (like blobs 08 valk psn nec lol) you could kill pubs and stuff.

10. soc

soc Banned

As an avid hammerdin pvper I do agree that sorc's aren't that difficult if you play them right (*cough* resist/absorb). However, it is a tedious battle, especially if they're hitting 7 frame teleport (pretty easy if they have wiz gloves). Desynch kills them, and if you put on a ebotd and they have no block Charge/Concentration can do 1-hit kills, which is amusing.

11. Mana

Mana IncGamers Member

So far I'm leading towards either a Bone Necro or a Windy Druid... but from something else I read a Fire druid is pretty strong...
    (I don't mean the char has to take them all on at the same time just be able to kill a few people before losing too much life...)

Mana

12. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

What you want is a WW barb, preferably of the BvA or BvC variety. In versatility I don't think anything beats them. Bone necros are their toughest opponents as was already stated and that seems to a roughly even matchup coming down to skill of the duelers. Other duelers to consider are Windies and Hammerdins but both have their weaknesses as well. Windies lose outright to trappers/WW sins that use Mind Blast correctly and Hammerdins supposedly are fodder for Windies that make use of minion stacking with wolves.

As was said though, if you never want to be totally hosed with no chance to win at all, then go with a barb. There never is a case where you simply cannot win provided you aren't lacking the skill. Only if you meet a necro of equal or greater skill should potentially lose.

The reason why I wouldn't recomend a necro is that while they're great in 1v1 duels, they don't fair as well against multiple opponents and can't be as versatile as a barb with it's gear resist/absorb wise. ES sorcs generally hose necros pretty well also.

13. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Are bone necros weak agaisnt orbers? Pretty hard to avoid their attack while trying to get close and spear/spirit them.

14. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

ES sorcs are beatable, you just need a nec with 3.5k + life and 6k dmg. its hard, but far from impossible.

the only other char i c owning multiple people at the same time, while taking many hits and without worrying about being sorbed is a hammerdin. however a barb is better overall.

also windys do beat hammers in the long run, but a skilled hammerdin will beat a druid of less skill (even a small margin) due to the desync factor.

15. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Real weak. Solutions obviously 2 ravens and a luna though. Then you're pretty strong ;).

16. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

And BM too.

17. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

you can beat an orber without being bm, it just requires that you are as good as, if not better than your opponent, possibly 1 piece sorb, high life no block build, defensive play and quick agressiveness when you see opportunity (as when they get hit by multiple ibs).

but dont get me wrong, duel is in any ES sorc's favor, its just not impossible. there are more 1 sided duels like windy vs sin.

18. Mana

Mana IncGamers Member

I know a barb is really good but then you'd have no chance whatsoever if they brought in a bvb barb :(

So far I'm leaning towards either a Bone Necro or Wind Druid. Can any experienced player of either give me the pros and cons of each?

Mana

19. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

i made a bvb oriented barb with full screen leap.
    basically i own most bvb barbs (nearly all on east realm) because i rely on OW, even with my low def.
    you lose a good amount of life compared to bvc, but you have no weaknesses now.

main reason i did that is cuase i dont consistanly have another char to duel with (always being remade by other person who uses acct), so if i had no block i'd have no chance to beat some people.

20. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Bone necros are about equal against Windies and are at a disadvantage against good ES sorcs. Windies have their minion stack which can be a pain and ES sorcs are faster, hit harder, and can take more punishment than you. Both are winnable matchs, but it can take alot of skill and both can be potentially very very difficult matchs.

Wind Druids are basically an auto-loss against a character using Mind Blast due to their low fhr. This is their one severe weakness, which isn't to say they can't be beaten by other chars.