Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What character anti-elemental?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PhoenixCRO, May 26, 2005.

1. PhoenixCRO

PhoenixCRO IncGamers Member

What character anti-elemental?

What character (playing style) is especially good for absoring/negating elemental damage, more precisely lightning and then fire (poisong not needed, cold not)? And, at the same time he is still good PvM, can kill etc. Perhaps Paladin cause of auras? What type?

Basically, what character is the best at just standing there n receiving lightning n fire without getting hurt much :>

2. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

i guess any char with maxed resistances and absorb :)
    twinking, ole!

3. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Any char, as long as you can have 95% resist, wearing T-god, ravenfrost, and dwarf star/wisper + rising sun. your char can stand any elemental attack in PvM and laughing at the poor hopeless monster.

4. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Avengers wearing thundergods and ravenfrost.

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

ES sorcs. mine had -80 res all in hell, and was taking no damage from even act 4 gloams. so as long as the ES is up, that cannot be beaten for standing around taking elemental damage.

6. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

any avenger with t-gods. guardian angel and Andariel's Visage. and enough res items to reatch 95% res all. for gloam hunting wear lightsabre with the rest of the gear. That way all normal gloams should heal you more then the hurt:). if you get enough res gear you can switch to res lightning for conviction gloams and still have 95% res all. I takes a quite dedicated char for that though and alot of res gear

7. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

Wind druids with maxed cyclone armour and the said equipment would more or less be immune to any elemental damage I should think

8. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Lots of choices, but I'll only pick up on the ones not yet mentioned :)

- Assassin using Fade. Gets a large chunk of your resists sorted and 1% PDR per skill level. Oh, and curses wear off quickly too.

- Barbarian with Nat Res. Only a handful of points needed, +skills will do the rest, and once more you're covered. Combined with a shield you can get big resists.

To deal with Lightning, Thundergod's Vigor is a must-have item. Fire can be dealt with via Nokozan Relic, if you're willing to sacrifice your amulet slot for it.

9. DeathMaster

Hi Shade,

Long time not seen you here. :clap:

However, isn't "any char" covering all?

10. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Well, yes, but I just went into a little more detail. Any build can use GA and res all charms to get 90% res all, then just add in absorb items of the appropriate type.

Some characters just have it easier than others, that's all :) Specifically, Paladins (who gain +0.5% max resist per level of their elemental resist auras), Assassins (Fade) and Barbarians (Nat Res).

Druids can also fudge things a bit with Cyclone Armour, and Sorceresses can use EShield (both of which, IIRC, are applied before resists/absorb). Amazons have to make do with D/A/E, and Necros can hide behind their summonables.

11. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

There is always the resist advenger:

20 each resist skill
    20 salvation
    1 vengence
    20 conviction (max last)

That puts you at 90% resistances without equipment and salvation turned on, add on a venom ward and you have pretty much max resistances.

Any barb with natural resistance will get really high resistance values really easily, even in hell i can maintain 65%+ with little equipment. using 10 skills in natural resistance.

Fade on an assassin is an awsome skill, it adds PDR as well as resistance, curse reduction, and a cool character appearance. Don't forget fade can also be cast by chance on a certain shield IIRC.

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Wouldnt rising sun be more beneficial than nozokon's? It shouldnt be too hard to get 75 res without it, and have 80 or so absorb with 75 res should nutralise almost all fire attacks, except ancients CE, which needs about another 12000 absorb to survive. :uhhuh:
    And of course, GA with any build can make elementals laughable.

13. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

In my experience fire resists don't have to be very high at all if you are wearing the rising sun ammy. My blizz meph runner wears one and is constantly healed by all the fire down there, and her resists are under 50 for fire. In fact even with conviction on me from the council she absorbs even more. That ammy more than covers fire with low res.

Lightning on the other hand is a res u want to max and use an absorb item with.

Cheers K

14. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

don't forget that assassin's weapon block can also block elemental attacks so what every damage gets through her resistances can still be negated.

15. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

only problem with sins weapon block HBeachBabe is that its not working when you run :(

the rules here prevent me from showing you more info about weapon block though.....

but yes if your standing still or walk it should work against those elementar attacks weapon block can protect a sin against

16. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Here's my Immortal Avenger idea... for those with unlimited resources, lol.

Stats:
    Str- enough for gear, around 110
    Dex- enough for max block with sacred targe and HS, around 170
    Vit- everything else
    Ene- nada

Skills:
    1 Vengeance
    20 Resist Cold
    20 Resist Fire
    20 Resist Lightning
    15-20 Conviction
    1+ Holy Shield

Equipment:
    Lightsabre with ruby/realgar jewel
    Rockstopper (near perfect) with Um
    Chains of Honour archon plate
    Exile sacred targe
    Thundergod's Vigor
    Rising Sun
    Ravenfrost
    Dwarfstar
    Laying of Hands
    Rare boots with 20+ lit and cold res
    5+ shimmering/scintillating SCs
    poison res SCs
    Prayer Merc

Results:
    90 Fire/Cold res
    95 Lit res
    ? positive poison res (depending on number of poison res charms)
    18% damage reduction
    25% + 20 lit absorb
    15% +70ish fire absorb
    20% cold absorb
    75% block
    Huge defense rating
    15% life tap on striking
    Huge life regen

Pretty tough to kill I'd wager. A bit overkill though, eh?

17. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

Any of these three characters using g-angel, resist charms, and a lot of absorb items:
    Avenger wit max resist auras
    Sorc with ES
    Druid with Cyclone Armor

18. PhoenixCRO

PhoenixCRO IncGamers Member

Thx :) I think Avenger is what im looking for atm, lots of versatility.

I know barb has natural res, but let's face it, i would actually need to put lots of points into it, or have lots of +skills, while with Avenger i just pump skills that r at the same time to res but also increase damage.
    Sorcs i dun like, so yea, not what i need.

Assassin... hmm.... ok this is slightly offtopic, but aint assassins kinda too fragile? How do they do in Hell in 1.10? I know trapsin is good, but what about other builds? Would u recommend me any cool assassin build that works pvm? (yes im aware there is assassin board lol, but reading 10 guides is one thing, having someone who actually can give more feedback is another)

19. farting bob

farting bob Banned

There in between sorc/necro and druid/pally/babr in tankability. A good setup, with fade, weapon block and SM will be tough to kill They also have possiblyt the best crowd control skill in CoS, which turns a whole screen of monsters into weak slow moving blind monsters, which unless you attack or stand within a yard of them (iirc) they dont see you. So with good stratgehy, and some ok gear, they can be very good at tanking.

20. DeathMaster

master the use of CoS and MB, assassin is untouchable in most areas. MB deserve better attention. I know some people don't like this skill, but it is the best crowd controll in most cases, since it is not timed and can stop all charges (yes, even boss charges).

Just keep in mind that, MB isn't a skill you "fire and forget". Noramlly you would MB few times, that whole screen are stuned, then you charge. Even some monsters wake up, they would likely to attack those converted.