what char to start with

Hammerdins, in my opinion, are a bunch of wimps. My reason: they pretty much stay in one place and summon hammers :eek: exciting isnt it!!!!!
Im more of charge/smite paly. I only run with low lvl sorcs and zons :D

neways, sorcs are fun to build but sorcs are pretty item dependent ( fcr :eek: !!!! ) I'd guess they could live without it but you'll get overwhelmed my enemies before you could cast again.

D2 really needs a +fcr skill!!!!!!!!

I still gotta stick with barbs to start out and get some stuff with.

Fearlessone

Diabloii.Net Member
Erase all doubt: it CAN be done!

Locke07 said:
You might be able to make him work on expansion, but very doubtful on classic due to the low number of plus skills. Most people pick one skill then stick with it and its synergies. Try Poison, summoning, or bone if you want to go a necro.
A good poison / summoner necro on classic is quite a contribution to the party. First, he is providing a meatshield with the summons, be they skellies or higher life revives (some revives can actually kill in late hell if u get urdars, grotesques, or lots of doom knights AND u use amp curse). Second, he is providing good curses - amp for barbs, decrep for his, his minions, and other party members safety, and finally lower resist for the pnova and for all sorcies and any foh'ers.

My pnova reviver does about 2800 pois damage. I intend to make a guide about him in the next week. My LoD pnova necro does close to 7K damage with extra gear giving lower resists, and is quite good except in instakill overpowered groups. So, a pnova necro is SLOWWW in classic to kill either a single monster, a few monsters, or a large mob, but only if he uses just poison. Get a few lower life monsters dying and then use CE and KABOOM KABOOM KABOOM KABOOM KABOOM, (more KABOOMS, u get the picture). End of the mob. So such a char is quite powerful overall in classic. I find that he is stronger than most lvl 60-70's such as sorcies, other necros, and ww barbs in cs runs (who are very shy to hit much of anything there).

Fearlessone said:
A good poison / summoner necro on classic is quite a contribution to the party. First, he is providing a meatshield with the summons, be they skellies or higher life revives (some revives can actually kill in late hell if u get urdars, grotesques, or lots of doom knights AND u use amp curse). Second, he is providing good curses - amp for barbs, decrep for his, his minions, and other party members safety, and finally lower resist for the pnova and for all sorcies and any foh'ers.

My pnova reviver does about 2800 pois damage. I intend to make a guide about him in the next week. My LoD pnova necro does close to 7K damage with extra gear giving lower resists, and is quite good except in instakill overpowered groups. So, a pnova necro is SLOWWW in classic to kill either a single monster, a few monsters, or a large mob, but only if he uses just poison. Get a few lower life monsters dying and then use CE and KABOOM KABOOM KABOOM KABOOM KABOOM, (more KABOOMS, u get the picture). End of the mob. So such a char is quite powerful overall in classic. I find that he is stronger than most lvl 60-70's such as sorcies, other necros, and ww barbs in cs runs (who are very shy to hit much of anything there).
I dont feel poisin is effective. You have to wait...and wait..and guess what! wait some more!!!

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member
Fearlessone said:

While I agree that a psn/summoner would be good for a party this is about the setup for next ladder and most offten then not you will be spending most of your time by yourself. I think a summoner would be the best bet in the long run, but psn isn't bad either. About the number of plus skills I was commenting about how he is spliting up his skill tree and while that is possiable on expansion I don't find it possible on classic due to the low number of plus skills compared to the difficulties of the creatures.
you would have to go with unmaxed skills which would hurt your overall effectivness.