Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What can we "Gleam" from the pics.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by theeliminator, Aug 19, 2010.

1. theeliminator

theeliminator Well-Known Member

What can we "Gleam" from the pics.

In the blue post, Bash said I can't wait to see what everyone "gleans" from the new pics. How many things can you guys find?

edit: woops yeah I misspelled glean. Can you fix that Elly? sorry it was late.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  2. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Re: What can we "Gleam" from the pics.

This one certainly is shiny. It's pretty bright here too. The SSS also has a certain glare to it. Most of all, I like you the Siegebreaker's claw gleams in this pic.

What I can *glean* from the pics is that the blacksmith seems to be a new sort of Imbue quest. They also clearly show a lit torch set-up in one pic, so perhaps it's to show they're busy with whatever project they were given.

3. Glurglock

Glurglock Diabloii.Net Member

I sat about half an hour analyzing several shots and parts of the clips.
    Most of the things i found are rather dull or just plain obvious but ill list them anyway so we can argue about it:

-Champs look like a pump'd up version of the normal base monsters.
    They glow with an eerie light and drop larger health globes after death.

-Barb's tribal tatoos are back!

-Skills and elemental effects are flashy as ever.
    Some new elemental traits are shown on weapons such as arcane dmg (purple glow, create exploding ring of energy after hit and leave a trail of glowing purplish corpses in its wake) and poison\disease dmg (recognized by its smokey green taint).

-Monks ,apparantly, can wear shields.
    The monk in the artisans intro clip is also shown wielding shiny fist weapons: Katar & Wrist spade.

-Graphics are sharper (or maybe my keen eye betrays me?) and the environment is stunning: huge cracks appear out of the misty ground, tombstones and coffins pop up of their muddy graves and dense vegetation cover every cornerstone.

-Some barb skill tabs have been visually refashioned, now presenting a green face being punched+ a boot stomping the ground (ground stomp?)+ several monstrous humanoids beheaded in a single swipe (cleave?).

-Barb's new resource system is now OJ ^_^.

-Leoric will be visited by the PC, as if by doing it as a side quest or a main quest (probably main).

-New and former miscellaneous items are present in the inv screen: Id scrolls exist, yellow (recipe?) scrolls, gemmed blue scrolls (TP? lore?), an unknown rune and weird square tablet thingie above the rune.

-Gray chest symbol can be seen under the inv screen, to the right of the barb's Orange resource orb. Could it be the salvage chest tab location?

-Item mods worth mentioning about: +[%-%] attacks per second (the new IAS modifier?) and +[%-%] critical hit rating on a nifty axe. Some other mods are allready known or were discussed about in the previous threads like spell dmg bonus and increased gold value or even the returning MF mod.

-Some mysterious NPCs are out there: a man and a woman standing on the doorstep of the inn-looking structure, next to your armored stash (it looks armored to me :p). A potbellied man standing on the down-left corner of the screen, looks like gheed's double and an armored militia person standing next to the blacksmith cart.

-Gems give different socketing bonuses, for example Emeralds lost their poisonous affinities and gained spell casting speed and ATD properties.

-The monk in the vid wear a legendary item: "Stronghide tunic", which has dark orange name color and gives a modest +20 def bonus.

Any other editions to my installment will be welcomed.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  4. theeliminator

I agree the game looks better. From some of the stills it almost looks like a water color painting. the models look longer I don't know if that's just the cam angle or if they have made new models.

I don't think its OJ maybe Tang =P

I think the chest is the salvage tab.

Here is a few things you didn't talk about.

You can see Cain in the upper left of the vid/pics next to him is a young woman with a bow, is she Cain's granddaughter?

When they show the characters inventory it seems that they have removed the Relic slot that was in the lower right. Is it gone for good or just not in this build?

I will be back later to talk more just don't have the time now.

5. Glurglock

Since i saw several notes about Cain and Leah (the young woman with the bow) i took the privilege of counting the info off my list.

I rewatched the artisans intro clip again and found out that my initial "gray chest tab" discovery was indeed the salvage tab...a bit disappointed that i didnt notice it from the start..heh.

As for the tangerine fury orb..mmm...my guess is that its fairly a replacment for the real resource system, left to be revealed at blizzcon, together with the monk's system and the wizard's.
    BTW am i the only one surprised about that crappy legendary armor worn by the monk? aren't legendaries supposed to be atlist as strong as rares, if not stronger?:scratchchin:

6. Pyrohemia

Pyrohemia Diabloii.Net Member

I also appreciate the elegant watercolour textures. The uncompressed images in the press kit are very nice and make the interface and environment pop in a way that makes it seem like a polished game. The game just needs anti-aliasing because the heads of those zombies are so pixelized that they look like they have horns.

The thing I found incongruous was the few little sprites of branches in the crevasse that I think were supposed to be sticking out of the mist but they didn't blend nicely.

7. DxAxxxTyriel

DxAxxxTyriel Diabloii.Net Member

I gleamed all that i could from the video, you can find all the items, prefixes/sufixes, gems and all info on the wiki. Check out http://diablowiki.net/Known_Items_Listing

8. Valhauros

Valhauros Diabloii.Net Member

Hi everyone, I'm kind of new in the forums, although I've been lurking this site since 1999... anyway... I've found something, that perhaps someone else may have already noticed, and maybe even posted...

In the Gamescom press kit released yesterday, there is a huge (9000x6000) diablo logo and it can be seen, between the A and B letters (from Diablo), a relatively large text in German... among some of the words there, there is "Die Zauberer" (female Wizard) and also "Die Rächer" (written Raecher, with the A and E sort of fused together, to represent the "ä") which means Avenger... do you think that might be a clue to the 5th class?

Anyway, here are the images: Picture 1, Picture 2. (I couldn't upload it to my user gallery, shows some "disc quota / permission" error message)

9. Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf Diabloii.Net Member

Hmmmmm ... that's indeed one interesting find ... that could be the name of the fifth class .. personally i wouldn't mind if it is .. better than "archer", "hunter" or "ranger" which are overused and might not represent the class correctly (i mean not every bow user has to strictly be called an archer/ranger/hunter) .. The Avenger sound quite nice if it is really the name of the fifth class.

But just one question .. why does Zauberer indicate a "female" wizard but "Raecher" doesn't indicate any gender ?

10. Valhauros

Lol, yes, I made a mistake... in German "die" stands either for feminine or plural, but in this case, since the ray of light crosses the text, the entire word cannot be seen, but since female wizard (or magician) would be "Zauberin", and it says "Die Zaubere...", I believe it's definitely plural...

But "Die Rächer" (singular... Rächeren, plural and Rächerin, feminine) in this text, apparently is singular, which kind of makes no sense... either I suck at German and I'm omitting some sort of exception, or Blizzard does... better wait for some of the native German speakers to figure out the text.

11. stillman

stillman Diabloii.Net Member

From the JW video: yew wands, sashes, and daggers are back, no town etiquette like in d1--the Monk is poised to kill the blacksmith at any given second, glowing green armor and claw, items with sell value of 1 gold.

12. Moonfrost

Moonfrost Diabloii.Net Member

From what I can see, this is what the logo says:

This translates very loosely to:

Perhaps someone else can continue from here.

13. sinter

sinter Diabloii.Net Member

Did somebody look at the writings on the outer side of the biggest circle ? It says something about SYSTEM and there are some numbers too. What do you think this mitght be? And what i gleamed from the shots was that the armor, the sword and the pants that the Barbarian had in his inventory sold for 8 gold total.

And something else i was thinking about. Didnt Bashiock say that they replaced the monks resource with the barbarians for the video? Im pretty sure he did but then why does the barbarian's resource look different in the pictures? Is it just that his orb is now full? Or maybe Blizzard switched his resource with someone else's for the screenshots so they can all laugh behind our backs and be like "Hahaha! We showed them one of the new resources and they didnt even notice! HAHAHAHA!!!"

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  14. TheMythe

TheMythe Diablo: IncGamers Member

You mean the 'æ'? This character is reached when pressing the ctrl+alt+z keys. At least on my keyboard layout, might differ from countries...
    Next to that, GREAT FIND! Now everytime Blizzard sends out huge pictures, people will start to analyse them with a Hubble telescope tool :)

All with all. When I read the name avenger, it not only makes me think about the holy paladin sword, but since a ranged class was proposed many a time: I'm thinking about a (un)holy bowwielder from a secretive cult or brother/sisterhood...

15. Glurglock

I dont think avenger is actually a class but more of a title to some important character, most likely one of the main bosses or NPCs in the game, something like "the avenger will prevail in the suffering of the....".
    About the resource orb speculation, well those tangy and swirly stuff are plain placeholder for the real ones.
    You dont expect blizzard to be THAT easy with us, do ya? they're having great deal of fun holding us back with false or transparent info.

16. theeliminator

We were both joking about the resource orb being Tang ( and OJ)

As Jay said in an interview the resources are just math, so you can make it look like anything.

About the hidden messeage in the Logo, It could be talking about the classes or it could just be talking about important characters like Glurglock says.

One things for sure, we have gotten a lot more info about the game in these few days then in the last 10 months. Hopfully with SC2 out the curtain can be rased on Diablo 3 a little bit.

17. Valhauros

Mmm, I'm not sure this is really a hint regarding upcoming features. It seems to be from a real source, not invented by Blizzard's employees, perhaps a poem or extract from an book. I tried to complete Moonfrost's decryption, and found that "Praestigiatores" translated from Latin means trickster or deceiver, but from Italian, it means Conjurer; also, some of the German words are misspelled, like Finsternuss (which resembles Finsternis, which means darkness)... Anyway, here it is:

...Verdammte Seele(n)
    Die Versucher
    Die Laesterer
    ...Welche Lauter Unglück Böses Ausstreuen
    Die Machten sonder Luft Herchen (Herrschen?)
    Die Zauberer (Praestigiatores)
    Die Raecher (Rächer) de.. laster thaten
    Die Gefaesse (Gefäße) der Bosheit
    Grausame Finsternuss (Finsternis)

Which translates (with a bit of semantical modification) to something like this:

...damned soul(s)
    The tempter
    The blasphemer
    ...which scattered evil and unhappiness
    The power which reigned the air
    The magician (conjurer)
    The avenger against the wicked
    The vessels of evil
    Cruel darkness

What really makes me wonder, though, is: Why did they chose or created a text, from all languages, in German (and the misspellings, like the use of "Die" for every noun, that might indicate the antiquity of the text)? Is that perhaps the clue? A reference to a German philosopher or thinker? A writer, singer, politician? Or maybe even a player?

18. Idaell

Idaell Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe they are making their own language Tolkien style? Maybe what the Horadrim spoke.

19. Valhauros

Hehehe, I don't think so. This text is undoubtedly written in German, but because of some of the words and grammar, it's probably from an older time or perhaps a particular dialect... either way, it's not a new language, and it's very unlikely that it's a reference to the Horadrim, considering how every time they drift more apart from the sense of real-world plausibility the first installment had, not to mention the fact that German itself is one of the languages D3 will ship with.

20. The Rockman

The Rockman Diabloii.Net Member

From the Video and comparing the crafted weapon with the precrafting info I can tell you that weapon DPS don't include non-physical damage boost and the physical damage is already added to weapon damage display (funny enough it only adds the minimum damage on).
    As precrafted has 3-22 1.40 = 17.5 dps
    The finished item has 6-25 1.40 with +3-6 damage +3-6 poison damage and 21.7 DPS on the meter
    21.7-17.5=4.2 4.2/1.40=3 increase in Damage per hit.

From this I say here's a bug as it should be 23.8 DPS if it just physical and if it's meant to include the poison it should be 30.1 DPS