Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What can I do to make my bowie stronger?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Koshio, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Koshio

Koshio IncGamers Member

What can I do to make my bowie stronger?

Hey. So, I recently rebuilt my bowazon. Gear is:
    M'av helm w/ 15 ias jewel
    Fort
    Windforce
    Cat's Eye
    Raven Frost and rare LL ring
    M'av belt
    Laying of hands
    Waterwalks

Skills:
    Max multi
    max(ing) strafe
    1 GA

I'm build with zero vitality and only enough str for gear, so I'm up at 370 dex right now.

My question is, what can I do to up my damage some more? My primary goal with this zon is to be able to chaos in 8 player games fairly quickly. Even with one player it takes me in the range of 7-8 hits to kill anything, so while I can do it, it takes forever.
    I don't yet have a might mercenary, so I know I can at least do that still, and maybe put a pride on him.
    Can bowazons even get to the level of damage that I'm hoping for? (Close to hammerdin clearing speed, at least)

2. adecoy

adecoy IncGamers Member

charms charms charms

its tough but once you get enough charms youll kill stuff seconds flat

poisions the best

3. aresze

aresze IncGamers Member

similar build but with ATMA & Gore Rider while chaosing & also a faith merc

4. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Well you can dump that Mavs Circ and get a sexy 120/45 helm.
    Also get Nos Coil and Faith mat bow,youll pwn everything.

5. rynke

rynke IncGamers Member

since he has 95 ias anyways..... use gmb+13.. having 95 ias and use mat bow is pointless

6. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

dump both of these now. They are basically worthless.

Add a razortail for mass pierce and huge damage boost.
    Ditto on the Waters. Get some WT's for a big damage boost.

Get +XX max damage charms. Forget poison if you use Fort. Max damage charms are much faster and more powerful. 2000 poison damage looks great but who wants to wait around for 6+ seconds? Damage charms timer never gets reset.

Changing your bow out for a faith could help too and give you more freedom with gear as well. Change your helm out for more damage leach KB whatever...

Here is the expensive one. Might merc with pride. This is like adding 2 more fort armors.

Also torch and anni add lots of damage if you get high stat ones. People often forget that part but thats 30 extra dex!

7. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

i dont think a bowazon will ever go as fast as a hammerdin *sigh*

8. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Bowazons are meant to be played. Not just put on auto-pilot. Bowazons are a little more challenging.

9. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

And way more fun. Its also a good feeling when doing cs- or Baal-runs, and the party is like this: 5 Hammerdins, 2 Sorcs and you as a Bowazon.

As for the 'go as fast as a Hammerdin'.. a well build and skilled Bowazon can do it _atleast_ as fast imo.

10. crawlingdeadman

oh no, you misunderstood my sigh. it was a sigh of disgust targeted at hammerdins. i have about 10 times more fun/enjoyment out of csing with my zon. choasing with a hammer seems like work even though it requires less effort/thinking.

11. Koshio

Koshio IncGamers Member

Ah, alright. So, the reason I'm using M'av belt is because it combined with M'av helm gives +20 strength M'av helm with the belt gives +1 skills. I'm still only about 75, so plenty of time to make up for the strength, and skills are 'meh' anyway.
    Also, I'm not really the richest person ever. It took me a few days to scrape some money together to buy my fort and WF, should have thrown that in there from the start, so I think a 120/45 helm is rather out of my reach.
    Also trade M'av belt for Razortail (Saw some suggestions of Nos coil, but I don't really need LL right now because I get plenty from my ring, I'm doing alright on IAS and the slow is just candy :p)

So, about these charms, what do they cost usually? (Max damage charms)

/agree completely... Zon is quite a bit more fun than a hammerdin, espescially when playing one where everything one-shots you.
    :p Thanks for the replies.

12. crawlingdeadman

cost depends on realm so check your relm's trade section for what other people are paying for them. really try to get 3max/ar per stash spot taken ie. 9max grand, 6max large, 3 max small. i think 6max/ar larges are fairly cheap as no one like larges. i started with bad ones (2max/ar smalls for example) and slowly changed em to better ones. ultimate would be 10max/60+ar/30+ life grand charms and they are really expensive and highly sought after. 3max/ar smalls are good too. essentially you're low life anyway so i see life as a luxury. now if you wind up with cta on switch then the life would be multiplied so it would return better than just plain 20 life so maybe then you could invest more in them.

i just checked what kinda damage these add by taking off a 3max/20ar small and putting it back on while only under faith's fanat; it adds about 25 damage and 128 ar to my strafe. as you can see they are totally worth it. your gear will determine how much the one single charm can add, so if you're using fort it would be an even bigger difference.