What can i do against massive FOH dmg?

vietl0yalty

Diabloii.Net Member
What can i do against massive FOH dmg?

i was in a pub game today and some foh guy came in... so i put on the 4x p topazed shield (205% lit resist with 45 base) 8x 19-20life/11% lit resist scs... threw on the tgods... i had max 85 resists even with conviction on me... basically 360-380% lit resists stacked... and he still did 500 dmg per foh... now im not one to use cta so i have around 2.2k life at lvl 87... it wasnt long before he killed me when he kept tele ing and fohing... should i get 1x 20% lit resist absorb wisp or 2? or wat other options are there? thanx for anyone whos willing to help me
 

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
you could always try to put on a guardian angel, for reaching 95%res, that should at least help a bit. (unless your build requires something else like enigma...)
If you still feel that 95% lightres isnt enough, even if you stay at 95% with conviction on you, I guess the only way out is to stack absorb with wisps/lightsabre etc.
Could feel a bit BadMannered about doing that, but thats probably the only solution :p
 

Bigrob

Banned
there is no need to put on wisp (unless u want to be completely immune) Pure foher is probably using 5s 5x light facet weapon + 4s 4s light facet shield + griffon. So not only u need more than stacking conviction, (150+90+100) u also need to stack more to against those -enemy resist facet. Which means u need 100+150+85+25+20+20 = 400 light resist in hell.
 

Armageddons

Diabloii.Net Member
Salvation and Resist Lightning only has 100% + you will need more from items: Thunder God, Wisp, Holy Thunder, and other + (Max) Resist to Lightning or Absorb Lightning mods.
 

aZNx05J3

Diabloii.Net Member
Res aren't his problem, he has max even /w Conviction on him. Use Wisps, Blackhorns, and a Lightsabre-that's all I can think of that will help besides what you already have.
 

vietl0yalty

Diabloii.Net Member
ok here are all the resists i have

16 from amulet
205 from 4x p topaz 45 base resist sacred targe
40 from boots
20 from anni
99 from 9x 19-20life/11lit resist sc's

thats exactly 380% lit resists... and i really cant afford to change anything else around because most of the items i am wearing are very essential to each other... so i guess maybe the best i can do is get 1 or 2 wisps? and btw... i did nothing but charge (i am a mage... making me very low on AR) and i barely hit him... do u think i should switch my 400 grief naga for a 400 grief pb and charge+smite? i can achieve 7fpa with smite... and thanx to everyone for the input so far
 

Bigrob

Banned
vietl0yalty said:
ok here are all the resists i have

16 from amulet
205 from 4x p topaz 45 base resist sacred targe
40 from boots
20 from anni
99 from 9x 19-20life/11lit resist sc's

thats exactly 380% lit resists... and i really cant afford to change anything else around because most of the items i am wearing are very essential to each other... so i guess maybe the best i can do is get 1 or 2 wisps? and btw... i did nothing but charge (i am a mage... making me very low on AR) and i barely hit him... do u think i should switch my 400 grief naga for a 400 grief pb and charge+smite? i can achieve 7fpa with smite... and thanx to everyone for the input so far
if ur a mage arent u suppose to use foh+hammer? U only use charge as shift-charging or sometime deliever quick blow.

Try kira guardian or 2x wisps.
 

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
what char are you using? If its another pally, use salvation. I could take most fohers easily with my tesladin with maxed salvation. He only did a couple hundred dmg with charge b/c he didnt have holy shock on.
 

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
get a windy and stand still. recast cyclone after 2 hits. laugh.. look at him cry/attempt smite.
 

vietl0yalty

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
if ur a mage arent u suppose to use foh+hammer? U only use charge as shift-charging or sometime deliever quick blow.

Try kira guardian or 2x wisps.
yes i am a mage but i believe its best to charge/hammer an foher rather than to just hammer/foh it out... being that my foh dmg isnt as good as a full foher build... and also got a grief in stash... i dont see why charge wudnt be wise in that situation... altho i could be wrong i guess...
 

aZNx05J3

Diabloii.Net Member
dkay said:
get a windy and stand still. recast cyclone after 2 hits. laugh.. look at him cry/attempt smite.
Sorry if I sound like a retard...but..doesn't Poison go through Cyclone Armor...?

Gt-
 

Darknicrofia

Diabloii.Net Member
vietl0yalty said:
i was in a pub game today and some foh guy came in... so i put on the 4x p topazed shield (205% lit resist with 45 base) 8x 19-20life/11% lit resist scs... threw on the tgods... i had max 85 resists even with conviction on me... basically 360-380% lit resists stacked... and he still did 500 dmg per foh... now im not one to use cta so i have around 2.2k life at lvl 87... it wasnt long before he killed me when he kept tele ing and fohing... should i get 1x 20% lit resist absorb wisp or 2? or wat other options are there? thanx for anyone whos willing to help me
use tgods, it helps tons if you cant afford wisp, personally i just use stacked resist against a foher, and in dueling, you have to go for the offensive from the second the word "go" is heard, foh's mechanics is that they usualy aim at the outer parts of their screen, so if you charge them the instant they start attacking, 80% chance their first foh wont even hit, and after u get close you can do w/e you like, or just charge them to death.
 

Darknicrofia

Diabloii.Net Member
dkay said:
get a windy and stand still. recast cyclone after 2 hits. laugh.. look at him cry/attempt smite.
what realm are you on? i would gladly point you out to someone who uses a v/t and can own a regular windie on east nl, seems like you haven't played either windie or smiter
 

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
haha nice comment. ive played many v/ts in my days. heres the breakdown of why they dont do so well. im sure pravada would agree (its in his guide as well) v/ts have 3k foh range. 5k max with gear sacrifce? not nearly close the 8k that a true foher can hit so itll take about 4 fohs to almost break a crappy cyclone armor (cyclone armors have over 2k absorb) your smite is 3kish range and even less if you use things like kingslayer. now lets see. windies that are consistant will always recast cyclone armor after the 4th hit. so now its a comparison of life and damage. windies do 2500+ hurricane damage and 6k nados with 6k life and minion stack. a v.t has....4k life (high end v/t) and 3k smite which he needs to get close in order to abuse. you cant charge at the windy because windies spam and have minion stack. so yes i think ill stick with my idea that windies > vts.

you will beat crappy and decent windies but never a good one.

who is the vt you wanted to recommend? ill direct you to a windy freind of mine since i quit.

edit: nvm your east.
 

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
dkay said:
haha nice comment. ive played many v/ts in my days. heres the breakdown of why they dont do so well. im sure pravada would agree (its in his guide as well) v/ts have 3k foh range. 5k max with gear sacrifce? not nearly close the 8k that a true foher can hit so itll take about 4 fohs to almost break a crappy cyclone armor (cyclone armors have over 2k absorb) your smite is 3kish range and even less if you use things like kingslayer. now lets see. windies that are consistant will always recast cyclone armor after the 4th hit. so now its a comparison of life and damage. windies do 2500+ hurricane damage and 6k nados with 6k life and minion stack. a v.t has....4k life (high end v/t) and 3k smite which he needs to get close in order to abuse. you cant charge at the windy because windies spam and have minion stack. so yes i think ill stick with my idea that windies > vts.

you will beat crappy and decent windies but never a good one.

who is the vt you wanted to recommend? ill direct you to a windy freind of mine since i quit.

edit: nvm your east.
now while I agree that windys are one of the hardest things to beat with a v/t, they are far from impossible. a good v/t won't go for the druid with the cyclone armor, he will go for the sage, and while the druid is trying to recast it, then he charges for the kill. you say 3k smite? thats low. even my base smite v/t has 3.5k or so. most v/ts have something like 4.5k, and the new grief smiters have 8k+, making it close to a 1k pvp hit (can be more, if they got their damage high enough). The point is, windys aren't the "godlike" duelers that everyone seems to think that they are. They are a capable dueler, but even the best ones admit the fear anything that can stun them and charge+smite *can* stun them. Its the same reason trappers take apart windys like they aren't there. as far as 6k life goes, I would please like someone to show me the windy with 6k life. I haven't seen many that go over 4k, and thats with good charms+bo, and most of those didn't have max block.

--welt
 

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
Weltkriegpally said:
now while I agree that windys are one of the hardest things to beat with a v/t, they are far from impossible. a good v/t won't go for the druid with the cyclone armor, he will go for the sage, and while the druid is trying to recast it, then he charges for the kill. you say 3k smite? thats low. even my base smite v/t has 3.5k or so. most v/ts have something like 4.5k, and the new grief smiters have 8k+, making it close to a 1k pvp hit (can be more, if they got their damage high enough). The point is, windys aren't the "godlike" duelers that everyone seems to think that they are. They are a capable dueler, but even the best ones admit the fear anything that can stun them and charge+smite *can* stun them. Its the same reason trappers take apart windys like they aren't there. as far as 6k life goes, I would please like someone to show me the windy with 6k life. I haven't seen many that go over 4k, and thats with good charms+bo, and most of those didn't have max block.

--welt

hmm good arguement, i may have exagerated when i said that its "impossible" and my arguement left grief out of the question, though it will be interesting when ladder merges. but i still stand that windies have a much.. much greater advantage. reason being that windies shoot projectiles that have a high probability of double hits (which means 2k per nado or 1k after pvp) smiters have to get in range 3 of the druid in order for a connecting hit. once the pally is in a wave of nados, he probably wont get out, a windy can get out of smite lock though. also about the oak.. when i had my v.t i found that the good windies i dueled are constantly teleporting so trying to hit the oak ended up with me running into stray nados. not to mention that most good windies play very defensive which can slowly drain a v.t as well.

as for the 6k life druid. lemme put it this way. rauth has crap charms and still has 4600 life. (i know because i thnk he quit and im in ownership of his acc atm. id love to show you a screenie but i quit d2 2 weeks ago and burned all that was left of d2 and sc. ;'/
 

Bigrob

Banned
Weltkriegpally said:
now while I agree that windys are one of the hardest things to beat with a v/t, they are far from impossible. a good v/t won't go for the druid with the cyclone armor, he will go for the sage, and while the druid is trying to recast it, then he charges for the kill. you say 3k smite? thats low. even my base smite v/t has 3.5k or so. most v/ts have something like 4.5k, and the new grief smiters have 8k+, making it close to a 1k pvp hit (can be more, if they got their damage high enough). The point is, windys aren't the "godlike" duelers that everyone seems to think that they are. They are a capable dueler, but even the best ones admit the fear anything that can stun them and charge+smite *can* stun them. Its the same reason trappers take apart windys like they aren't there. as far as 6k life goes, I would please like someone to show me the windy with 6k life. I haven't seen many that go over 4k, and thats with good charms+bo, and most of those didn't have max block.

--welt
People arent that dumb. When u charge a winddy, they can spawn a nado and tele away, and u will hit one of his minion instead of him, which leads u a chancee for him to spawn 1-3 nados. If u try to get close to him and smite them, (which is a bad idea cuz they spawn a lot faster than ur fast speed smiting) they can tank u or tele again. And as the same result, u will hit one of his wolf instead of him, and again ur life is wide-open for the winddy to spawn nado. Beside, people can always tele away to recast oak then go right back in. ur foh wont hit the winddy unless u name-lock him which is hard cuz this duel usually end like just 15 seconds.
 
Top