Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What cam kill IK barb?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by IamTheTest, Mar 29, 2004.

1. IamTheTest

IamTheTest IncGamers Member

What cam kill IK barb?

My buddy is convinced that I cant PK him so naturally I need to sneak up on him. Should I make a charger (boring) or what? He is lvl 8x, max ww, max bo, and a few in conc. I dont have great jewels and hes on sc so I dont expect any handouts, just wondered if the 1337 hc pkers could crash course me. Thank you for at least taking the time to read this.

2. NeoHydragen

NeoHydragen IncGamers Member

From experiance, the only thing that could kill my IK barb was deleting him. I say this as one of the first full IK barbs on EHCL, he could take anything as long as he kept hitting things, he only died when I quit for a few months and the account caretaker deleted my chars.

Nothing melee, if he is built properly it will be incredibly too hard to hit him... 30k defense anyone?

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Hammerdin or Bone Necro... heavy on the cheese please.

4. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Boner. Fire sorc prehaps

Another well built barb or just his good ole stupidity..eg :running instead of walking

5. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

IK Barbs are vulnerable to a few things.

1. They aren't using a shield, so anything that is ITD is an automatic hit on them. Also anything using conviction or blessed aim auras will work the same way.
    2. Very little PDR, only 20% on the set.
    3. A large amount of their dmg is elemental from bonus' on the set, so high resistances will nulify that attack.
    4. WW requires open spaces to work well. Get him to chase you into a corner. Shouldn't be hard since he sounds overconfident.

My suggestion to take a IK Barb would be either a Hammerdin Pally (hammers can't be blocked and are all magic dmg), or a Zealot pally. Both would have Max holy shield, Max Block, and be well equipped. Also a good merc, although this is considered bad maners for a duel.

I'd probably go with the zealot since I doubt your friend will duel you if you have a hammerdin.

Prez

6. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

What about a tele necro? Amp dmg and a good iron golem seems like it would work

7. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

ah the delightful ik barb, basically a good one with a good dueling mind is hard to beat with anything melee. So here goes, ga zon works nicely with right equipment just make sure to be able to outrun him amp works nice with this combo. BS necro well they are really good barb killers. Hmm what else lets see, a good trapper with light sentry + mindblast, a windy druid could do it although that takes more skill, another barb except better shielded conc barbs can do wonders vs ww barbs, hmm frozen orb sorc, hammerdin could also a good zealot could really mess him up well thats all I can think of atm gl beating his butt ;)

8. NightShade

Well, lets take a look at the idea of an IK barb shall we?

First, lets assume he knows what he's doing, so he won't be running/zerking.

His main attack with probably be conc. Pretty powerful in it's own right with 400 ish ED. That's nothing to discredit right there.

You'll want to fight him in NM or norm ideally. In hell you may have problems

My ideal gear for killing such a barb would (on a barb)be as follows :

Cats eye : Highlords is a decent 2nd, but speed is of the escence

Dual raven frosts : Absorb some of his ele damage, as well as the fact that you can start to eat at his def.

Sanders gloves : 20% ias +40 life. Not too bad of choice for budgeted.

Tgods : Again, you eat at his damage. His 300 2h damage isn't very impressive and most serious duelers would scoff at it (as I recall willscoot had a 400 ish 1hander)

Gore riders : Openwounds (eh, not great in HC but still helps) Critical strike (here we go) and crushing blow (he has low dr to interfere)

Whistans sheild : Low dext required for the block, I'd like to say SS , but that is quite expensive. If you have an ATOD and some 40% jewels around, that takes my top pick too. 15% ias jewel.

Shaft : Yeah, I hate being a DR monkey too, but the fact is that the conc will hurt when it lands, as well as the fact you probably don't have acess to some of the choice gear (Ideally a 160%/60ias/60max/+36str plate)

Arreats : Ultra barb helm. Regardless. 20% or so to AR is sexy, as is +4 to berserk, +2 to wc's.

Ideally a wepon would be a 350%+ eth col sword with a speed mod...but realistically we're probably looking at either a CCB or a KingSlayer (balrog is the best imo).

KingSlayer :

Pros :

Crushing blow
    Open wounds
    Speed
    Damage
    -25% to target def (Here we go)
    +20% to your AR ( with arreats and dual ravens, 30k shouldnt be too hard to hit)

Cons :

Expensive
    Really, it requires an ethereal wepon to kill
    expensive.

Another option would be passion (yes, rune words are my favourite)

Pros:

Cheap - Eth wepons are no problem. Find an eth balblade/highland and socket it.
    MASSIVE ar boost (80%)
    HoW charges arent that bad.
    25% speed

Cons :

Not so great damage
    lack of really great damage.

In the end you end up with a zerker with excellent AR, that basically will eat thru the other barb if you're quick. This all depends if he stays and fights or leaves. Keep in mind that a high level barb is the most expensive dueler imo. An inv full of 3/3/20 is really some what required to bring the barb to it's full damage potential.

Dmg looks some what like this :

(Lets assume a good roll on a passion balrog) :

(75+210%)+185%+(890%ed) Unless I have my math wrong, it comes out to 6k damage (which I very well may, I'm not too good with it). 6k Damage is quite a bit when it's irresistable magic damage. Couple that with a critical strike and you've got a 2k pvp hit which is enough to seriously startle most barbs (pvm) and ofcourse his def is rather neutralized. If it were eth, replace the 75 with 113.

Lets assume a KingSlayer :

(75+270%)+185%( +890%ed) - Again, if my math holds up you're doing 9.5k pvm. Which ofcourse is 1500 pvp dmg ish. Assuming a crit that's 3k pvp and enough to finish off a vaguely wounded barb. It too has massive bonuses to AR and -def.

Erm, I may have my math off in the formula...as those seem too high to be accomplished sheerly on wepons value.

9. IamTheTest

Wow, thanks to everybody who posted. Im kicking around the idea of a Bonemancer. Ive never played one and I think decrepify is just too good. Im still open to ideas though.

10. NightShade

Bonemancer = Marrowwalks. If you get those you can eat him alive with little to no trouble.

11. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

What about using a death cleaver, possibly socketed with an eth rune? The axe itself grants -33% target defense, and an additional 25% from the eth rune could maybe put their defense back into a hittable range (maybe 13K ish?). Then load up on flat +AR items (charms?), and get it multiplied by your +%AR skill bonuses? Plus it's got that dead sexy 66% ds.

Heh, my barb wears death cleaver, I just feel compelled to plug it! :jig:

12. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

Does he WW?

I have a rabies / fury druid that can take out an IK barb as long as it doesn't WW at me (this is a sc guy so I have killed all my friends' builds with him since that is all most of them play)

I hold shift and wait for him to close in - bite him once and fury like crazy. He drops like a rock after about 2-3 hits. Actually pretty much everything drops in under 5 hits.

13. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

If he isn't built for speed, even a bowazon can defeat an IK barb.

14. NightShade

Bone necro's can do about 800 pvp per spirit....so I think that'd kill him easily

15. IamTheTest

He uses ww almost exclusively. Hes still pretty new to the game so he hasnt realized the conc is awesome. I started the to be pker, veneno_hueso. Hes only lvl 11 now though. Hes got some decent gear for later

Weapon-White Wand (20% fcr)
    Helm-Shako (Trangs?)
    Boots-Sanders (I dont have marrows)
    Shield-Homonculus
    Armor-Vipermagi (30% fcr)
    Belt-String of Ears (only 11 MDR) Maybe a Caster
    Gloves-Magefists or Trangs (20% fcr)
    Bling-Caster, SoJ, Raven...

I want to hit the 75 fcr breakpoint so I need 5 more...caster stuff.
    Critique?

16. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

Blizzsorc
    Trapsin
    Foher
    Firedruids
    Javazons
    Barbs with botds
    Bonecros
    Hammerdin
    Charger/Zealot
    Fireball sorc
    Even a high lvl kicksin would do the trick
    Ik barb= weak imo.

17. NightShade

Agreed. How ever beating such a thing on a low budget can prove to be bothersome while still getting the kill. If I had no restrictions I'd break out the botd tmaul and the max dmg/ias gear out to zerk...Bwahaaa

18. grauengel

grauengel IncGamers Member

you people are silly... the answer is easy. TT

smiter will **** him. if he wws, GG, you'll still hit him, and block / withstand his hits if he does actually hit you. if hes conc, his conc will null out the smiters knockback, and since he has no shield, his life will drop so fast he'll be fluxing or had died before he knew what hit him. TT

not difficult.. gosh

19. chinaman1472

chinaman1472 IncGamers Member

I lost my IK barb to a Fire Claw Bear. 2 hits, and I was using Dual Dwarfs + 75 stacked resists.

20. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

for those of you that really don't know how to duel a ww ik barb is very very dangerous in the hands of a good dueler. Basically if he's smart nothing melee can beat him thats not another ww barb, trust me I know how evil my ww barb is. Basically the thing is this, how good is he and how good are you. My 36 bs necro was able to take on my friends godly .09 ww barb even though he's lacking a ton of jewels with relative ease. Unless your friend will tele and I doubt that on sc a bone nec will take him for everything he owns. Gear doesn't need to be godly simply bspirit and bprison him. wash rinse repeat. If that doesn't get him then well you seriously aren't even an ok dueler. But a lot of builds work against ww barbs. Just rationalize each build and decide what you're most comfortable with. For me I just made my 1st bspirit necro ever he's 37 going to remake with charms this time and see how he turns out. Doing 200 dmg a hit is quite a bit he'll be doing more then that once he gets nm q's (+4 synergies more).