What build to use?

Garance

Diabloii.Net Member
What build to use?

Well while i was levelling up my nice new MF sorc, i found 2 items, a coronet and an amulet, which look pretty shiny to me, and have made me consider making my first druid. The thing is, with my zero experience of druids, i was wondering which build they'll work best with, so in my despair i've turned to the forums once again for advice, guidance, and maybe some general mockery. the items are:

Havoc Horn
Coronet
Required level 67
33 def
+2 druid skills
6% life leech
+45 mana
Damage reduced by 4
Magic damage reduced by 2

Viper Noose
Amulet
Required Level 31
+1 druid skills
+10% fcr
+37 mana
+19 all res
Damage reduced by 1
Magic damage reduced by 2

Do these look like they'll work better with any particular build than with others? Or am i deluding myself and they're not really worth the effort?

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
the amulet would be decent for a windy the other I'd just sell it.
+2 Druid Skills and 6% life leech, and you think it's Charsi Fodder? I don't know what this game is coming to anymore.

The circlet would make a very good Werebear hat. +2 Druid Skills = more damage (from Werebear/Maul), more AR (from Maul), more stun (from Shockwave), and more life (from Lycanthropy and Oak). Not too shabby. The Life Leech is just icing. It's not the uberest helm on the block, but it's a lot better than SOME of the Helms I've been wearing when I've made guardian before.

Strid

Diabloii.Net Member
+2 Druid Skills and 6% life leech, and you think it's Charsi Fodder? I don't know what this game is coming to anymore.
Well, it's almost identical to Cerberus' Bite, just worse. Charsi is the only one who will pay for it! Also, she's a hottie. :laugh: A bear or wolf is probably what it would suit, your choice. Perhaps make a Buriza bear with it, they're (really) cheap and tons of fun.

The amulet is nice for a wind build, if you haven't got the levels (or funds) to utilize the +2/FCR amulets or perhaps a Shockbear. It's aweome with the +19 All Resistances. It's definitely a keeper!!

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member
uh yeah... I mean if I had nothing else, I'd use that. But a jalal/cerebus beat this easily.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
uh yeah... I mean if I had nothing else, I'd use that. But a jalal/cerebus beat this easily.
True, but not everyone has a spare Jalal/Cerebus lying around- and the ones that do typically aren't asking how valuable rare circlets are.

Kirah

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome to the wild, wild world of Wolves!

I'm kinda biased. Make a WOLF!!! (ah-hem...) must get more serious here. Consider the fury wolf. You could do a hybrid rabies/fury for PvP or so fury/summoner for PvM. Done right you could have tons of life, be able to rip your enemies to shreds. It'll take advantage of your 6% life leech on top of your feral rage. All you'll need is an elemental weapon to take care of the physical immunes and you're set. Just be aware that like all melee builds, the fury wolf is pretty equipment dependent.

good luck and good hunting!
Kirah