Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what build??questionmark+

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ilovesoda, Oct 20, 2006.

1. ilovesoda

ilovesoda IncGamers Member

what build??questionmark+

A. trang venomancer

B. tal firesorc

or C. aldur fireclaw bear

These are some pvp builds i want to try and i want 2 know what is most effective. I also have a few firefacets so i'm leaning towards a fire based build but the last venomancer i had was soo fun<3 i dunno how 2 add poll btw so just say ur opinion^^

Edit: And sorry for my bad grammer, not so good english sentences and excessive use of acronyms(or whatever they're called)

2. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Trang venomancer is a fun build. The sorc could be the most successful in pvp, but youd still get whupped by anyone half decent cos sets kinda dont belong to pvp. Uniques/runewords are more powerful.

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Aldur firebear for pvp? Who told you that was a good idea? A firebear is going to have a pretty hard time without the aldur's handicap.
    But yeah- projectiles > novas > melee in a general free for all environment.

4. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

I've tried an Aldur Fireclaw Druid. It's enough of a challenge to be a lot of fun in PvM, but in PvP is not worth it. With godly gear and skill you can make the character work, but with Aldurs it's fairly pathetic.

If you go with the venomancer make sure you have some offensive ability other than poison. As in, don't get the 3 poison skills maxed and then put the rest in curses. Either get a decent bone spear/spirit, or some skellies. Personally, I prefer the skellies as they can provide a bit of a meat shield as well as that extra little damage you need to take people down.

If you want to make a Sorc with Tals, go with 2 elements. Tals works best for a 2 element build, and is very quickly outshined by other equip on a single tree build. A pure fire Tal sorc won't have the power of a sorc in similarly valued (probabaly slightly more expensive) uniques.

5. ilovesoda

ilovesoda IncGamers Member

Yeah but 2 elements don't really work in pvp. The reason for tals is because ppl automatically expect you to be a "noob" and will be surprised when you pwn them. Imma go with firesorc, i don't feel like buying pois facets~~
    Thx @ all replies :>

6. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

A Tal's fire sorc is not too badly handicapped. The differences won't be that overwhelming considering a)he'll have more money for the best charms and rings/boots/whatever, b)most people won't have perfect unique/RW equipment, and c)Tal's is a very well rounded set (lots of +life, FCR, FHR, resists etc.)

Against some unholy duped out firesorc, sure the difference is big. But for random sparring, Tal's will do just fine. Hell, I used to PvP in tradegames with my blizz sorc who was untwinked (I'm talking like rare skullcaps with Pskulls kind of untwinked :shocked: ) and did just fine.