What build can use a Griffon's Eye most effectively?

rpgforumsnet

Diabloii.Net Member
What build can use a Griffon's Eye most effectively?

Just located one. Still un'id though...
I was wondering what char (overpowered) to build to use it

Dire_Wulf

Diabloii.Net Member
well, your choices are either a sorc, javazon, or pally. The main problem with a sorc is that since it only gives +1 skills, you lose out on 2 points in mastery and 2 points in skill, plus the % bonus to damage is added to the base damage before mastery or synergies are applied.

Ive been thinking about getting one for my tesladin. Holyshock gets 1-915 base damage so the 15% lightning damage would add about 140 damage. With my crescent moon phase, i already get -35 lightningn resist so this would add an additional 20? for a total of -55 lightning resist. The faster cast is wasted but all in all it will work pretty well i think.

Kazuya

Diabloii.Net Member
Dire_Wulf said:
well, your choices are either a sorc, javazon, or pally. The main problem with a sorc is that since it only gives +1 skills, you lose out on 2 points in mastery and 2 points in skill, plus the % bonus to damage is added to the base damage before mastery or synergies are applied.

Ive been thinking about getting one for my tesladin. Holyshock gets 1-915 base damage so the 15% lightning damage would add about 140 damage. With my crescent moon phase, i already get -35 lightningn resist so this would add an additional 20? for a total of -55 lightning resist. The faster cast is wasted but all in all it will work pretty well i think.

what about a trap asassin? surely they would benefit greatly.. an 8k lightning sentry becoming 9k?

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Only problem is traps count as minions, so anything with +lightning skill dmg or -enemy lightning resist doesn't work (Facets, Ormus', Griffon's Eye, CMoon, etc.). It'll boost your listed trap dmg, but it still doesn't get applied.

minion

Diabloii.Net Member
PhatTrumpet said:
Only problem is traps count as minions, so anything with +lightning skill dmg or -enemy lightning resist doesn't work (Facets, Ormus', Griffon's Eye, CMoon, etc.). It'll boost your listed trap dmg, but it still doesn't get applied.
very useful to know, thanks.