Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What build are you guys running these days?

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by nerdwards, Sep 21, 2015.

1. nerdwards

nerdwards IncGamers Member

I couldn't decide between Vyr's or a delrasha setup so I'm running both on two seperate wizards haha. Vyr's for solo, delrasha for groups. How goes your hunt so far this season?

2. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

It's been slow. Built a DelRasha wiz, and pieced together Vyr's. Waiting on an ancient wand to make it shine though. BTW, it's really time you joined us in Hardcore. You'd get to properly join in our HC wiz discussions and REALLY appreciate how much UA sucks as a cheat passive ;). Don't blame your connection. I'm playing on a Macbook Pro with a wireless connection.

3. nerdwards

nerdwards IncGamers Member

If only man! Playing wiz already feels pretty masochistic this season he might be even worse haha. But I have given it alot of though and may soon. I have a healthy pool of sc people in my guild I play with or I would already be

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

4. maareek

maareek IncGamers Member

I didn't know what to play this season, so I just rolled wiz to start with. Between finds and the cube I was able to run Delrasha pretty quickly and after an ancient Odyn's Son dropped I was able to farm t8 easily and picked up all the basic pieces for Vyr's, which after playing with I really didn't like at all. So now I have a Uliana's monk (no ancients so I've only cleared GR50) and a UE DH (I'm a scrub so I've only cleared GR56) both of which I enjoy more than either wizard build, though I greatly prefer the DH right now (probably has something to do with having the best Dead's Man Legacy I've ever seen and a decent Yang's Recurve.)

Sorceress was my favorite class in D2 and wizard/mage is the class I prefer to play in basically every game that has the option and even is by a large margin my most played class in D3, but after trying out the other classes I really just don't like the way wizards operate in D3; between teleport feeling bad and unreliable, the wizard's crowd control not working on the most dangerous monsters (lacuni huntresses, winged assassins, ghosts) and the clunkiness of the spells I feel like I'd just rather play something where I have to put in effort to do well, not work hard to even be functional.