Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What Bow to Start With @ norm game lvling

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by KadoorieNuts, Sep 27, 2006.

1. KadoorieNuts

KadoorieNuts IncGamers Member

What Bow to Start With @ norm game lvling

Hi all. I never try a bowzon b4. I figure that most of the decent bows require clvl >40. What bow should I use when starting out? (The one I am using @clvl 15 deals 18 damage. I don't think it can help me leveling at normal Baal run.) tx for the advice.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

Skystrike is popular at lv 29 req. Kuko is 33. Both are very useable through normal. But I'd recommend finding a 3 socket ashwood bow and making it into an "edge" for best Lower level bow.

Level 15 Thorns Aura When Equipped
    +35% Increased Attack Speed
    +320-380% Damage To Demons (varies)
    +280% Damage To Undead
    +75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
    7% Life Stolen Per Hit
    Prevent Monster Heal
    +5-10 To All Attributes (varies)
    +2 To Mana After Each Kill
    Reduces All Vendor Prices 15%

Another option

Have a char in hell try to buy a high damage low req bow there and mule it down.

3. KadoorieNuts

Tx Yoss for the advice.

4. middleman35

middleman35 IncGamers Member

Try getting a 6-socket Long War bow/Long Battle Bow and socketing it with either low req +max damage jewels or Perfect Topaz. A 6 socket PTopaz bow will do 6-240 lightning damage and be usable at level 18. hopefully that can keep u alive till u can get to the decent uniques in the mid 30 lvl req area (Riphook (31), Kuko Shakaku (33) Witchchwild String (39), Lycanders (42)), then Harmony (Tir + Ith + Sol + Ko) runeword, which becomes available at lvl 39 in the best 4 socket exceptional bow/Amazon bow u can find

5. KadoorieNuts

tx for your advice MM.

6. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

6 socketed long bow with Jewels of Envy (20 psn dmg over 2 sec), useable at lvl 1.

7. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

As you can see, there are a lot of ways to go. I prefer to put the envy jewels in my helm and armor and use 9max jewels and iths in the bow. Gotta love those 1-2 cold damage charms too. :wink3:

8. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

i usually use these:
    arctic bow(2)->skystrike(28)->lycander's(42)->faith/wf/whatever

9. KadoorieNuts

Tx all for the input. I wonder can I make an "Edge". The highest rune is Amn which requires lvl 11. Following that logic, clvl of 11 and higher can use it. Right?

10. KadoorieNuts

I couldn't find a 6os Bow to put 6 PT in it but I found a 4os one. And since slowing them down is of most important when your tank is weak, I put in 6 PS instead. She managed to advance till lvl twenty-something. Then life is hell.

My merc died constantly and I couldn't advance without a tank. It took me many hours to go from early twenty to late twenty. And stuck at Frozen River. Finally, I started to switch back to general missile character advancement strategy: treat her/him as a melee one. I wore Sigon full set (with a shield make u survive much longer) and use Civerb's mace (of which damage is clvl based.)

With tis set up and Bow on switch, I completed normal game in another two hours. I couldn't imagine taking baal without melee setup...

So, if any of u try to startup a bowzon, pls treat her as meleen character from twenty on or even earlier. B4 I can use other most decent bow @ lvl 39 on (e.g. WWS), I will keep tis setup and switch to bloodletter, which clvl req is 30! (Another nice weapon to keep for low-mid lvling!!)

Just share my experience. If other players have better suggestion for low level advancement, they are most wlc to enlighten me. TX

11. Ironwill

Ironwill IncGamers Member

It depends of the bow and the highest rune.

A popular low Edge RW is to make it on a Razor Bow which is level 21 req.

12. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

skystrike is a pretty decent bow to use from lvl 28 on (until you can use wws or lyca

13. KadoorieNuts

Tx for sharing Iron and Leo. The hard time is over. With the WWS, my bowzon's life is easier. For the first time she can kill baal without melee setup. BTW, there is a WWSzon build posted since 2004. Is it any good now?

14. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

It's still good. If the guide was written before 1.11, just toss a Hellfire Torch into the equipment list, and maybe a Treachery for one of the armors.

15. Konfu

Konfu IncGamers Member

@15 lvl the BEST is Raven Claw (Long Bow)
    It also KICKS *** with Enchant if you have some friens with an ench sorc :) Soloing Cow Normal @lvl20 is so fast with it :)

A WWS strafer is still gosu, can solo hell no problem, just up the WWS and "shaelshael" or "shaelnef" :D

16. KadoorieNuts

tx EA and Kon. I had shaelx2 the WWS and intend to upped it when she reach that lvl. I still have not decided whether to get Faith when she reach 60s since the merc setup with Faith will be a total different ballgame.

Currently she is wearing Sigon without the shield of course. LoH and
    Tal's face require sixty-something and still a long way to go. If CB matters at hell, I will arm her with gore, Gface, and Duress. That is what my javazon is having atm. Guess that also fit a Bowzon. Correct me if I am aiming wrgly. Thanks.