Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What Bow for Smite Merc?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Krutch Undefined, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Krutch Undefined

Krutch Undefined IncGamers Member

What Bow for Smite Merc?

I'm going to make a Harmony for the vigor aura since mercs can't really help smiter's that well. Just need to know what kind of bow is the best to make it in.

I'm also going to be making a fortitude and am wondering the best armour for that.

And finally going to be making a sanctuary and just wondering what type of shield to be looking for and what stats on it (ex. res and how much).

Thanks in advance.

2. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Re: What Bow for Smite Merc?

Harmony: Any elite bow is fine. Look at the Arreat Summit and pick one with the balance of speed and damage that you want.

Fort: For your pally or the rogue? For the pally, the highest defense armor that you can wear. Or, just use any elite light armor so that you can swap it to another character later. For your merc, the highest defense armor she can wear; make sure you use an ebugged armor. (That's where you cube a 0os ethereal armor with thul+tal+p topaz.)

Sanct: The most damaging paladin shield you can wield with the highest res you can find. I wouldn't use one with less than 30 res. My hammerdin's Spirit is made in a 42 res Protector shield.

Arreat Summit: http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/

3. Krutch Undefined

I've got myself a great bow that does 52 dmg. That seem worthy for a harmony?

As for the fortitude I'm going to be wearing it and I've got 156 strength and I'm sure it will stay around that (don't think fort gives strength). So I'm not sure which armour would be best for it. I have an ap but I will certainly trade that for something else if it has better def. Any idea what other armour I should be on the lookout for?

So shields like akaran targe, heraldric (sp), vortex?

Thanks for the help :)

4. Krutch Undefined

I was lazy and made the harmony with the great bow. I looked at the others but they all seemed around the same.