Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What better way to help your lack of justification for a war than making fun of it?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SirKnightmare, Mar 27, 2004.

1. SirKnightmare

SirKnightmare IncGamers Member

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Bad move Bush, bad move.

3. ragnar_ii

ragnar_ii IncGamers Member

Does he not want to be reelected?

4. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Is it me or have all liberals lost their sense of humor?

~Checks~

Nope, it's not me. Lighten up a bit. What do you think you're blood pressure will do after he's re-elected? I'm thinking you're going to blow a vessel in your brain

5. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

I figured those particular lines would draw some fire, but the rest of the speech was actually pretty funny.

I especially liked the trading cards to remember the names of foreign leaders bit. :D

6. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

I'm sure this will make die-hard democrats not want to vote for Bush. :scratch:

7. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

Wow. That's one of those things you just can't help but look at and have absolutely no reaction. It's not funny, and it's not disturbing or outrageous. It's something from the Twilight Zone. This absolutely has to be fiction, it's not possible for this to have happened in my universe.

"I made your kids die for nothing, hahahahahahahahaha get it? Vote for me!"

8. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

I thought it was rather humorous myself, really. What is he supposed to do, make a somber funeral out of everything? I see it as a way of pointing out his own deficiencies rather than hiding them.

9. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Methinks the ones whining about this just need to get laid. Maybe that'll get them out of their deep blue funk
    :xlady:
    OO

10. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

Could you really have seen himself done something else?

11. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

You volunteering? ;)

12. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

I think I understand what you are saying, though it made my eyes and brain cross to read it.
    Yes, that is what is funny about it, to me; it's just so typical of something he might do that it makes me spontaneously laugh. It's also harmless, if tasteless. And I've been known before to say thoughtless things that I regretted later, but it's all done now but the flaming, right?

13. ragnar_ii

ragnar_ii IncGamers Member

He could have done anything else and it would have been better. Now that he made the war a joke, his opposition's campaigning will definitly consist of Bush looking like a fool with this being the main argument.

14. MatMan

MatMan IncGamers Member

Kerry joked in 1988: "Somebody told me the other day that the Secret Service has orders that if George Bush is shot, they're to shoot Quayle. There isn't any press here, is there?"

I'm sure Ragnar and th5413 are just as disapproving of Kerry' words as Bush's. Right? Guys? You're doubting that Kerry wants to be president? Bad move for Kerry, bad move?

Pathetic.

15. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Don't forget that after Sen. Kerry wiped out on Baldy Mtn. in Sun Valley, he blamed his Secret Service detail for it. He said, And I quote, "That son of a B*(female dog) knocked me down".

Bad Kerry! No presidency!

Sure thing toots. Just get Nova and FleshGordan in here to witness and Durf to film it!

16. Draconis

Draconis IncGamers Member

MatMan : If someone had just attempted to assassinate Bush before Kerry made that joke, it might be comparable I suppose. Or was this just after the attempted military coup by a certain salt-laden baked good?

<edit> Just realised it's the wrong Bush.. ah well... Shame to let a good pretzel gag go to waste... Whah, pretzel gag? There I go again! <slaps self>

17. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Like I said, this will incite rage only in people who were already pro-Kerry. This will make some people wish they could vote against Bush 10X instead of 9X, but they can still only vote against him once...

I'm rambling and not making any sense.

18. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Obviously you guys don't know bush's personality at ALL. You should watch the documentary called "journeys with George". BTW it was made by democrats so its not t3h OMG foxx0r n30 cOn!!11!!

19. Professor Blasto

Professor Blasto IncGamers Member

This whole war thing wasn't very thought out. I'm not sure if it was a good idea to go to war or not. In the beginning I was in support of it, but now after seeing what has happened I don't think it was. It doesn't seem that there was any post-war plan developed. This seems like a big gimmock to help Dubya get re-elected. We didn't take their oil, we didn't take their land, what did we do? We sent a country into chaos, into total anarchy (and not the good kind). The whole thing was either an elaborate plan to get re-elected, an act of insanity, or more than likely, from observing George W. Bush, an act of not smartness.

20. Freemason

Freemason Banned

As though that ever stopped them. Remember, 100,000 dead Republicans voted for Gore in Detroit alone last time around :scratch: