Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What beats windy druids, bonemancers and fohers

Discussion in 'PvP' started by IMCanadian, Oct 29, 2006.

1. IMCanadian

IMCanadian Diabloii.Net Member

What beats windy druids, bonemancers and fohers

I'm having trouble killing most bonemancers, windy druids and fohers with my Daydreamer and auradin. My auradin could kill fohers with more ar, so thats not overly a problem, but other then these buillds I can kill everything else. I spend quite a bit on a few chars rather then having accs full of cheap chars, so I need one more character to complete my collection of pvpers. What GG'd Bonemancers and windys (my huge problem), then pwns fohers so I don't have to change characters to beat them too.

IMC :grin:

2. jsyou

jsyou Banned

trapers or ww/trap

3. emar

emar Diabloii.Net Member

Make one of those BvCs or Hammerdins - they do relatively well in Pubs.

I suppose a powerful Sorc or Assn would be capable as well. Hell, you could probably make many builds work against 'em. Could even turn around with a Windy or Bone Nec yourself. Sometimes it is the skill of the player and not necessarily the build.

My tip is to pick your char based on what you can afford. It isn't necessarily the gear that will make or break a char - but it goes a long way to helping. You can't expect to 'GG' every bone necro you meet if you are using an empty inventory.

I personally only have one dueler at the moment, my Auradin, and FoHers are 'Ez Pk', Bone Necs vary in difficulty as with Windys. The more you practice with a dueler, the better off you are. In the Bone and Windy case, sometimes a little gear switching is all you need :)

4. IMCanadian

Yeh, I would say im experianced. Fohers arent hard, but I don't have the ar to hit them, so they are a bit harder. My problem with windys n bonemancers are 1) they have re-castable elemental dmg absorb armors 2) Both the windy and the bonemancer have things that trap me. The bonemancer locks on n casts pris, the windy locks on n teles, freezes n spams partial fhr sending nados that kill me in three hits.

5. emar

emar Diabloii.Net Member

Cyclone armor absorbs elemental attacks until it breaks, however I wasn't aware that Bone armor did the same (Bone Armor only protects the Necromancer from Physical Damage- Arreat Summit). Though AS isn't gospel and it has been wrong in the past.

1, Put on Enigma - BP is a non-issue

2, If you are being Frozen by Hurricane put on a Raven or slot a Cham in somewhere. There is no excuse for a meleer to get frozen by cold damage.

3, Make sure you hit 86 FHR and get out of there if he attempts to tele stomp you. The druid will not have minion stack if he follows you so the hitting aspect just got easier.

4, If you need more DR, put on more DR. No gear should be set in stone.

5, In the end, unless you are against a Phys char where block counts - Charge is your means of movement. If they are going to NL, and prison - desync to your hearts content.

This won't guarantee a win, but every little bit counts. Gear changing can really make a difference.

6. IMCanadian

Naw, I don't want to win with my DayDreamer. I'm pretty sure Bonearm tanks foh dmg, and aura does nearly nothin. Freeze isnt the real problem, and if I add dr, and all, then I lose foh and cyclone arm is harder to remove, and less of a chance to kill them when it is removed. I'm lookin for another build newayz, so I want one that kills windys n mancers first.

7. emar

emar Diabloii.Net Member

Try BvC he's pretty decent against caster's as the name implies.

8. jsyou

jsyou Banned

if bone armor absorbs foh that means all foh pal and sors are ezpk

9. RetroStar

RetroStar Diabloii.Net Member

Or just make a wind druid. They do fairly well.

10. mumba

mumba Banned

no dude, it was said that barmor only absorbs physical, why must u insist that it doesnt

11. De4dEyE

De4dEyE Diabloii.Net Member

Bone armor does NOT absorb elem damage.

12. tinncann25

tinncann25 Diabloii.Net Member

use a cs zon

Lf for druid minions, then poke him, (easier if u can hit 5frame fhr and some good run speed)

Necros - you gotta really make them pay for bone prisons with lf's and be able to out run spirits. usually they die in one or two hits.

Foh - I have never tried enigma on my cs zon, but according to other forumers on the zon forum they say enigma is quite affective in closing in on fohers. May wana put a point in valk if ur having too much trouble.

13. IMCanadian

Then explain to me how a necro tanks fohs where a barb or smiter fail?

14. De4dEyE

De4dEyE Diabloii.Net Member

Why are you SO STUBBORN about something so easy to get information about?

From the Arreat Summit:

Bone Armor Bone Armor
    Required Level: 1
    Prerequisites: None

This spell summons a barrier created from the bones of fallen warriors. The armor revolves around the Necromancer, protecting him against all attacks. Although enchanted, the armor does take damage and will eventually crumble.

Effect: A protective shield that absorbs damage.

Bone Armor only protects the Necromancer from Physical Damage.

Bone Armor can be extremely helpful in absorbing Physical Damage, preventing attacks from reaching your Life. If you have points to spare, spend some on Bone Armor. If monsters hit you, and Mana is not a problem, recast your Bone Armor so it will be at maximum again.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/necromancer-poison.shtml#bonearmor

15. jsyou

jsyou Banned

anything can tank foh a if they got enough resist, you probably met some necro with 90+ light resist.

16. elmek

elmek Diabloii.Net Member

if necro uses a clay golem, there is a chance that it took that foh hit instead of necro. BA does not absorb elemental. Other way for boners to avoid being hit by foh is casting bonewall.

17. emar

emar Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe you are hitting Gumby and not the Nec.

You could just meet up with some very sucky Barbs and Smiters too :)

18. moonlike

moonlike Banned

hi mate i have a hamer to test vs druid tell me if ur still active ^

19. IMCanadian

Lol, your all talking to me like im a nub. First I was no longer arguing bone arm, I was asking how its possible. Second I never have lost to a single barb or smiter, they dont all suck (faded and stacked). Third, I am fohing the necro when I can see and click, as he has walled and is beside me. Every necro has 90 light res after conv? No Way!

20. emar

emar Diabloii.Net Member

Just 'cause you click him doesn't mean you are hitting him. FoH is an auto hit - but not necessary on your cursor spot especially if you are holding shift. It could just have easily hit a minion or wall or the prison. Hell that's why he's laying 'em down against you.

I don't think anyone is arguing that all necs have 90 LR after conviction.