Diabloii.Net Member
Re: what beats wind druid?

Assassins definately.
Barbs being second
Necros for a fun match.

Grimey

Banned

Pretty much anything that can perform "stunlocks". Builds like these are Bowzon, Lightning/Fire trapper, WW barb, WWsin, well even Bone Necro.

mainaman

Diabloii.Net Member

Pretty much anything that can perform "stunlocks". Builds like these are Bowzon, Lightning/Fire trapper, WW barb, WWsin, well even Bone Necro.
max block druid that knows how to dance around > bowazon

crawlingdeadman

Diabloii.Net Member

are any of the above completely untouchable by a windy though or are they just tough matchups?

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member

There's nothing more pathetic than a crippled windy using tgods and wisp.

And you will need those vs. sins, no doubt.

Windy seems to have a slight if not more advantage over necros.
Bowers are a laugh, especially if you are block. Unless you are dummy enough to fall for minionkill multi followed by a strafe.
I've always thought block windy > bvc.

Moritz

Diabloii.Net Member

i dont see why really good bowers should be a laugh when all your minions die in 1 multi with pierce. then youre basically left with .. how much? 3.5k life? and ****ty block, fhr and fcr frames.
at least if you dont play a jokezon aka fulldex windies should be doable in gm duels.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member

are any of the above completely untouchable by a windy though or are they just tough matchups?
A ww/trapper is a nearly impossible match up for a windy, assuming both parts know how to play their chars.

The stunlock is to much of a disadvantage for the druid, who cannot attack from outside the trap field nor easily venture inside it without getting locked and shredded.

Assuming the sin doesn't lame camp it'll be a constant attempt of escaping mb + traps before the sin teles in and wws, while hoping a random nado hits while the sin chases you. If you go offensive a stunlock will mostly be waiting.

That is my view on it in any case.

xxxkillerxxx

Diabloii.Net Member

i dont see why really good bowers should be a laugh when all your minions die in 1 multi with pierce. then youre basically left with .. how much? 3.5k life? and ****ty block, fhr and fcr frames.
at least if you dont play a jokezon aka fulldex windies should be doable in gm duels.
Lamer always told me zon>druid, dunno if it's 100% correct but it should be a pretty even match in either case.

@Dennis: druid>nec. It is true that good block druids can be hard for barbs in default setup, but with some lifeleech barbs will never lose. At worst you're looking at a stalemate if druid never shows up on screen so you can't namelock with widow hehe. Vs most druids barbs can just play predict/intercept teleww with default gear and win though.

MysticDragon

Diabloii.Net Member

Any Assassin. BvCs do very well. Windy > Bone Nec. Windy > Bowazon. I assume non block.

Characters I'm most afraid of when I use a Windy:

Assassins
BvCs
2H Chargers

Characters I'm somewhat afraid of, but will usually win against:

FB Sorcs
Zealot
Hammerdin

kakunashanow

Diabloii.Net Member

what about fury druids? :p
with mass FRW, FHR and life I usually have no trouble beating wind druids

raishi

Diabloii.Net Member

anything with stacked cold res and absorb with cbf...sicne without enigma windies are nearly worthless...very short attack range and no mobility...

there best feature is their wind armor which takes alot of elemental damage...

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member

In GM duells i would say a bowzon>Windy.

DimVision

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, just about anything can beat a wind druid.
I would say a nice barb with lots of damage could wipe one out with just one single whirlwind. I've killed more than enough with my smiter/charger. Charge em' and smite em'. The hardest part is to catch up with them and lower their life since they have the oak. Trap sins can kill em fast too. Sorcs, pally's etc.

MysticDragon

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, just about anything can beat a wind druid.
I would say a nice barb with lots of damage could wipe one out with just one single whirlwind. I've killed more than enough with my smiter/charger. Charge em' and smite em'. The hardest part is to catch up with them and lower their life since they have the oak. Trap sins can kill em fast too. Sorcs, pally's etc.
Dueling pub Windies, I see.