Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What aura for a sorc merc whit doom rune word

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by nonohe, Feb 29, 2004.

1. nonohe

nonohe Banned

What aura for a sorc merc whit doom rune word

My merc will use doom eth cryptic axe and stone eth sacret armor it has 3500 def. what aura do you all think is best defens or might, whit might he will kill faster but whit defens he will get TONS of def becoz of his armor and it also gives my sorc a littel defens bunos and thats alwise nice, becoz of i will use him on a sorc it wont be much, but still something, my goal is to get past the game whit my blizzard sorc alone in hc. Also doom rune word gives lvl 12 holy freaz thats why i dont use holy freaz merc.

lvl 12 holy freaz 50% slowing

lvl 20 holy freaz 54% slowing

2. FrostbaneX

FrostbaneX IncGamers Member

Id say use Defense...The might is going to waste on you and you both can benefit from defense...the increase is damage wont be missed, you wont even notice it with jab.

3. nonohe

nonohe Banned

ok thx, can anyone that have a might merc say how much more damage the merc dose whit the aura on?

Edit: becoz of that im a blizzard sorc only, the might aura will make him kill cold imuns much faster. it will also makes his life leach work better

4. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Take might, like you said you'll want them damn cold immunes down asap. With a dual tree sorc i would've recommended defiance though. It's about 1½ the damage compared to another aura merc.

PS- "with" ;)

5. nonohe

nonohe Banned

ok thx one more question, how big is the diffrens in staying alive betvin defens and might, i mean how much dose the denfens actulie do.

6. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Defiance survives fine, but if you can tweak ok then your merc will survive ok too if he's got no defiance aura. My might merc barely ever dies with medium equip (duriels shell, bonehew shael/amn & CoT)

7. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Especially Duriels Shell is a big asset on your merc when you go Might. A Might moerc has somewhat lesser stats (since you hired him on NM) and the big +resist is very nice. Also the Cannot be Frozen attribute is invaluable (@ Baal a Cold Attack + Decrepify = Dead merc without it)