Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What aura for a sorc merc whit doom rune word

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by nonohe, Feb 29, 2004.

1. nonohe

nonohe Banned

What aura for a sorc merc whit doom rune word

My merc will use doom eth cryptic axe and stone eth sacret armor it has 3500 def.
    what do you all think is best defens or might. whit might he will kill faster but whit defens he will get TONS of def becoz of his armor and it also gives my sorc a littel defens bunos and thats alwise nice. Becoz of i will use him on a sorc it wont be much, but still something. My goal is to get past the game whit my blizzard sorc alone in hc. Also doom rune word gives lvl 12 holy freaz thats why i dont use holy freaz merc.

lvl 12 holy freaz 50% slowing

lvl 20 holy freaz 54% slowing

2. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Id go for defense

Wow that's the longest sentence I've read in a while :) If you are single type and need your merc to kill, then might. If you can handle the killing yourself and just want a wall, then defense.

3. nonohe

nonohe Banned

i whould like to hear from someone that have used might and defense aura on a sorc merc that can compere how usefull they are, or at least some one that can say how use full one of them is

4. nonohe

nonohe Banned

Anyone.........?

5. zerokid

zerokid IncGamers Member

If she's Blizzard only, then how can she get passed HC soloed? The cold immunes could be a problem, unless you're willing to just teleport right past them. If you believe that you need your mercenary to hit hard and that his damage isn't high enough, get a might merc. If you think that his damage is enough and/or that his damage doesn't matter, get a defiance merc.

It depends on the runs you'll be doing later too. Think about it; defiance affects you, but might doesn't (unless you're a Blizzard/Melee sorc.) When you do Hell Mephs, you don't want your merc to hit dolls as you're teleporting by. You don't want to be hit by dolls either: Defiance. Since you'll most likely be using the moat trick on Mephisto, you won't need a merc. Only benefits from his aura will be good. Prayer or Defiance.