Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What armor should I use to make Enigma?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Zidane0927, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Zidane0927

Zidane0927 IncGamers Member

I heard these armor are good:
    Breast Plate
    Mage Plate
    Dusk Shroud
    Archon Plate

2. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

If you want any resale value at all, use either a Dusk Shroud or Archon Plate.

3. xAnjelofLytex

xAnjelofLytex IncGamers Member

I dont see why people would make Enigma out of a Breast Plate. Anyone want to fill me in here? ( I know it has low reqs but you cant use it until you are lvl 65 i think? So why not put it in an armor that is going to be appropriate for that lvl?)

Archon or Dusk is best, Dusk being my favorite. Low str req, but Enigma adds a decent amount of str based on clvl :)

Frenzied Bovine is right. Typically, I dont buy anything, no matter how good the deal may seem..if I know I can't resell it for equal/more than what I paid for it.

Have fun.

4. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

They are usually people who are PvP. They need all the possible stat points in order to maximize other areas; vitality or dex usually.

However, now with the annihilus around, and other gear with + all attributes (shako, maras, azurewrath, all botd's, etc etc), you can really think about the armor you are going to have enigma in. I personally have a superior mage plate enigma, with 1025 defense, and 55 str required. Dusk requires 77 str (or 87, not sure) which equals 22 more vitality, when combined with battle orders, is ** more life. Archon requires 103 str, which equals 48 vitality, when combined with battle orders, is 192 life. Ofcourse if you used these extra points in dexterity your blocking would increase considerably.

I personally have 29 base into str, with 19 stat anni, 5 stat shako, and 2 stat maras, gives me 55 strength. From there, enigma kicks in, then I can wear homoculus, trangs gloves, marrowwalks, etc etc etc.

Even though i dont pvp, i didn't feel like wasting points when i didn't need to. It is a hassle to wait until lvl 70 (lvl requirement of anni charm) but it is well worth it when you realize how perfect of a character you have made.

Edit: I personally think an Enigma Breast Plate is the most moronic thing to do with such valuable (although probably duped) runes. Breast Plates = 30 str, however only give a maximum of around 850 defense. Enigma Mage Plates are 55 str, and can reach around 1050 defense. With the type of set up I have, with 29 base str, I have an armor with 200 more defense that was easily equipable.

5. Har-Megiddo

Har-Megiddo IncGamers Member

I personally think Enigma Breast Plate is the smartest thing a necro can do. Oh, yeah you DO get 200 defense more, so I'm sure you can count on the barb/paly missing you much more often. Necros start with 15 str. With a 15 stat anni, you can wear enigma, which lets you wear everything else. That means base strength. Which means a LOT more life.

6. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

I like my wyrmhide. Had the str to use it :p.

7. Red_Square

Red_Square IncGamers Member

i agree with ifrit wyrmhide all the way

8. aznanarchy6969

aznanarchy6969 IncGamers Member

I can't really say i'm a necro expert but it seems to me that a mage plate or a dusk shroud would be the best choice based on my experiences but it depends on your own personal taste. Are you fast enough to teleport around or do you need that extra little bit of defense against that melee character? I also think that Mage Plate sounds a lot better than Breast Plate... :uhhuh:

9. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Mage plate, however, breast plate looks alright on a necro (ugly on other chars -.-) so I'm not too opposed.